Email is one of the most important things when it comes to useful technologies. Almost everybody that owns a computer or a smartphone uses this for various reasons. Yahoo has been one of the pioneers of this email technology. Therefore, Yahoo mail is one of the most popular services for sending and receiving emails. But, the truth is that, no matter how good this email service might be, it is not totally free of troubles. And because of any of that, you might find that you can’t login to Yahoo Mail.
That can be very frustrating, but still, there is no need to worry about that as you will be able to fix all of that by yourself. With proper technical instructions for this can’t login to Yahoo Mail on Android issue, you will find all of that here in this article, you will be able to fix this.
Reasons why you Can’t Login to Yahoo Mail from Android
In order to properly fix any problem when you can’t login to Yahoo Mail, there is something more that you are going to need.
You need a sound understanding of why this issue is occurring in the first place. And, all the related reasons that might be there, not obvious from the get-go. That way, it will benefit you in 2 main ways for this task.
First is that you will be able to understand all the technicalities of the instructions, we have given here. Thus, even if you do not have a high level of experience in dealing with technical things like this, you will be able to properly fix up this issue with your Yahoo Mail.
The other one is that a complete understanding of the reasons for this issue will help you avoid technical mishaps. So that you accidentally, do not make things worse than they already might be.
So, in this section, we will cover all the possible issues that might be there if you can’t login to Yahoo Mail.
The first reason among them is any problem with the Android device itself. There might be some configuration error of the app for using Yahoo Mail from your device. If this happens, then such a login issue is going to be pretty common. And, on the same note like that, there could be something wrong with the app itself. Or, some other app that might be causing some problems.
Cache and Cookies Memory Issue
If you can’t login to Yahoo Mail, then another very common reason for that is lost cache and cookies data. Since this data is very important for maintaining the connection. If you have deleted all these, then it is quite likely that you might come across a login issue such as this one. So, lost cache and cookies information is a legitimate possible cause.
Then there is the very common issue with passwords that can be causing such login issues with Yahoo Mail. It can be anything, from minor issues with case sensitivity to repetitively entering the wrong password, which is often not much of an issue.
Otherwise, it can be an issue with any of the features that Yahoo Mail has like the On-demand Password, Two-step verification and the like. These features do have a degree of complexity to them. And, if any of that is wrong, then you will face similar login issues like this one.
System Security Conflicts
Finally, there can be an issue with the system security which is behind this login issue. In case, you use certain antivirus security systems on your Android device, then you might come across login problems like this one.
As it might be, the firewall that is getting in the way of the Yahoo Mail app. And thus, you are not being able to log in to your email account on Yahoo.
And now, we have covered all the possible major causes of this Yahoo Mail login issue. Let us take a look at how we can fix these and thus, be able to log in once again.
How to Resolve the Can’t Login to Yahoo Mail Issue?
Here, in this section of the article, we will lay out all the steps of the solution to this problem. Carry these out one by one, so that you can easily fix this problem. So, here are the steps for that –
Set Recovery Options for the Yahoo Mail Account
A great solution for this issue is to set up Recovery Options for the Yahoo Mail account that you are using.
Here are all the details of the process for that –
- On top of your Yahoo Mail account navigation bar, click on your name.
- Then, look for the Account Info link and follow it from there.
- Now, go to the Account security section from that window.
- If you happen to get a prompt for using the Access Key for login. Use that Access Key.
- To add a new email address to recover, first, click on the Add recovery email address option.
- In case you do not find it, click on the Email addresses option.
- Now, type in the necessary email address here and then, click on the Send verification email option.
- Go to that mail in order to verify the new email address that you have added.
- Once you click on the link for verification, that will open up a window where you will have to click on the Verify button.
This completes this solution process and thus will very likely solve this login issue.
You can also use a phone number for setting the Recovery Options. And to do that, here are the steps that you need to take –
- Click on the Add recovery phone number option. In case you do not find it, then click on the Phone numbers option.
- Now, put in the phone number you want to under the Mobile Number box.
- Then, click on the Send SMS option to receive the verification text.
- You will receive your verification code in the text you get.
- Type that into the verification code box and click on the Verify option next to it.
This completes the mobile setup for Recovery Options.
Deactivate the Yahoo Mail Access Key
Turning off the Yahoo Mail Access Key can also be a solution if you can’t login to Yahoo Mail. What you can do after that is round back to the normal password. Or the two-step verification method if you want to.
- At first, click on your name in the Yahoo! Mail app.
- Now, choose the Account Info on the window that comes up.
- Look for the Account Security category and once you find it, click on it to open it up.
- Here, you will get the option to turn the Yahoo Account Key on or off.
Turn it off from here and that might resolve this Yahoo! Mail login issue.
Use the Yahoo Mail Account Key for Login
This can be quite a viable way to login if you are not being able to do it the usual way. To do this, here are the things that you need to do –
- Put in your Yahoo Mail login information in the Sign in to your Account section, under the Email Address option.
- Here, click on the Continue button and then click on Continue to use Account Key.
- Now, open up the Yahoo Mail app on your Android device.
- Look into all the sign in data that under the Are your trying to sign? in section.
- Finally, tap on the Yes button if you see the details to be right.
This completes the process of signing in to Yahoo! Mail using the account key.
Start Using the Access Key from your Yahoo Mail account
Using the Yahoo! Mail access key, if you were not already using, might help you when you can’t login to Yahoo Mail on Android.
To do that, here is what you can do –
- Install the Yahoo! Mail app on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- Now, open up that app and then sign in to that account.
- In the email inbox, tap on the Hamburger icon to open up the Menu.
- Tap the Key icon after your name and then tap on the Setup Account Key option.
- Under the This is a sample Account Key option, tap on the Yes button.
- Then, tap on the Got it! Button and then verify the backup details.
- Then, after this, tap on the Enable Account Key option and after that, tap Great, got it! under You’re using Account Key option.
This completes the process and thus will fix any issue for which you can’t login to Yahoo Mail.
With all these processes, you will now be able to log in to your Yahoo! Mail account. But, in case, none of these solutions worked in your case, then that indicates issues that might be difficult for anybody other than experts to identify. And then, solve that with all the tools they have at their disposal.