Brother printer not responding is an issue that can result from various types of causes like an outdated or missing driver of the printer, an improper configuration of the Windows Operating System, faulty connections, etc. Additionally, even naive things like a paper jam or no ink in the cartridges can induce difficulty with the Brother printer and result in the printer not responding Brother issue.
However, if you are struggling with this annoying ‘not responding’ issue on your Brother printer, then don’t fret. Luckily, this issue can be resolved with a few effective fixes. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss some practical and effective solutions that can help you to tackle and eradicate this annoying issue with ease.
Circumstances for Printer not Responding Brother:
There are some common symptoms and circumstances by which you can easily identify this issue of the Brother printer. Furthermore, this may help you to avert such issues on your Brother printer model. So, take a look at the below passage in detail to know the common symptoms of this frequent technical glitch.
The common symptoms include:
- Sometimes, the Brother printer model prints blank or empty sheets due to the flaws with the spooler of the Brother printer model.
- You may get Brother printer error codes on the system screen.
- The performance of the printer degrades.
- Brother printer model may not perform well and work sluggishly.
- The printer may completely stop the printing process.
These symptoms will make you inefficient to utilize the Brother printer and thus, interrupting your daily printing requirements.
Relevant Causes of the Brother Printer is Not Responding Issue
As the Brother printer models are equipped with the latest featured technologies, but still it can show some technical flaws and errors like printer not responding Brother. Moreover, you may encounter with this frequent technical flaw due to various reasons. Here, in this post, we are going to discuss some factors which are the main causes behind this annoying issue of the Brother printer.
- This error may arise because of the malware and viruses of the device.
- The system may be infected if you download a driver for the Brother printer which is corrupted.
- Sometimes, you could have a system-related program files confliction, active X error codes and registry glitches.
- The driver of the printer that you are accessing may be outdated or need to update to the updated version as per your Operating System version.
- The driver of the Brother printer may not be compatible with the OS version that you are using.
Now, you can go through the following section to know the easiest and effective troubleshooting hacks by which you will be able to eradicate this frequent issue effectively. Moreover, to use your Brother printer model hassle-free and smoothly, you should troubleshoot this Brother printer not responding issue in the right way.
Eliminate the Brother Printer not Responding Issue
There are multiple ways in which you can easily resolve this particular technical error of the Brother printer. We are going to list some quick troubleshooting ways and steps which you will be able to implement in an easy way.
Way 1: Check for the Connections of the Brother Printer
The weak and poor connection between the system and your Brother printer model can be one of the major reason behind this frequent issue. So, before proceeding further to the technical troubleshooting methods, you must ensure that your Brother printer is connected with the system through a good connection status. Moreover, checking for the connection error is not a troublesome task. Hence, it is recommended to scroll down and read on to know more regarding the steps:
- At first, you need to disconnect both the device. Take out the USB cable and cord from the system and from the Brother printer model.
- After that, you need to clean up the ports with the help of a dry towel and ensure that there is no dust or junks.
- Once the cleanup process is complete, reconnect the USB cables and cords to the Brother printer model and the system as well. After that, you need to make sure that you connect the USB cables and cords to the right or proper ports and the correct devices.
- Next, you need to press down the Power button of the Brother printer model to turn On the Brother printer.
- After that, execute a test print to verify if the issue is still appearing or not.
Finally, if the issue still persists on your Brother printer model, then you need to try the next troubleshooting method.
Way 2: Check for the Settings of the Brother Printer Driver
Whenever there is a technical error within the settings of the Brother printer driver, then there is a high chance that your Brother printer model becomes unresponsive to the system commands. Moreover, this is the most fundamental steps that can help you to overcome this issue in no time. To check for the settings of the Brother printer driver, perform the easy steps which are stated hereunder:
- At first, you need to open the Brother printer folder.
- On the Windows 7 Operating System, you need to go to the Start option and tap on it to open. After that, select the ‘Devices and Printers’ option from the Start option.
- On the Windows 8 and Windows 10 Operating System, firstly, you need to go to the Start option and tap on it to open. After that, you need to open the Control Panel of the system.
- Choose the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option under the list of Control Panel.
- Now, you need to select the ‘Devices and printers’ option from the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option.
Now, you need to verify that the printer is under the available list of devices or not. If the printer option is not present in the list of devices, then the correct printer driver is not installed on the system. In addition, if the printer option is in the list of devices, then you must proceed further by following the below steps.
Additional steps to check the connectivity:
- Now, you need to set the Brother printer model as the default printer for the print jobs.
- After that, verify the status of the Brother printer and ensure that the Brother printer is not in Offline mode or Paused mode.
- Next, you need to right-click on the Brother printer option to choose ‘See What’s printing’.
- After that, tap on the Printer option and then, choose ‘Use Printer Offline’ option or choose Pause Printing option, under the Brother Printer option.
- Afterward, you need to untick the checkbox of the options.
- Now, if the color of the previous option is grey, then you need to choose the ‘Open as Administrator’ option.
- Enter the password and after that, you need to tap on the OK option to proceed further.
- Next, you need to delete all the print queue.
- Tap on the Brother Printer option to choose ‘See What’s printing’.
- Now, you need to go to the Brother Printer option and tap on the ‘Cancel all documents’ option.
- Tap on the YES option.
- You need to select the appropriate port to connect your printer.
- After that, right-click on the Brother Printer icon again to open the properties list of the printer.
- Now, you will get a new window, you need to tap on the Parts to select the correct ports.
- Now, restart the system and the Brother printer as well.
Finally, you need to check the Brother printer model to verify that the issue is resolved or not. If the issue still persists, then you need to move out to the next troubleshooting method.
Way 3: Update the Drivers of the Brother Printer
The driver of the printer could also become corrupted if you have had current power outages, malware or viruses or other technical bugs on the system. So, by downloading and installing the up-to-date driver for the Brother printer, you can easily fix such issues. There are three ways to update the driver of the printer:
Install the Driver Software from the Printer Manufacturer Company
Some Brother printer model comes along with a compact disc that contains software to install the driver for the Brother printer. Hence, you can easily use that CD to install the driver of the Brother printer. To do so, follow the steps below.
- At first, you need to follow the manual guide book to physically set up your Brother printer. Now, install the driver software of the printer on your PC from the CD which comes along with your Brother printer model.
- Now, you need to insert the CD to install the driver of the Brother printer and click on the Install option whenever the menu appears.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to start the installation process. The installation process will take some minutes to install the driver for the Brother printer.
- After that, you need to check the system to verify that the driver of the printer is properly installed.
Download and Install the Driver of the Brother Printer manually
In case, the Windows Update process is unable to find a proper driver for your printer, then you need to check the Brother printer support website to download and install the printer driver. To do it, go through the following steps:
- At first, you need to open a web browser on the system. After that, type the Brother support website page address in the address bar. In this case, you can try to access any web browser as per your choice or availability.
- Open the Brother support website and go to the Printer Support tab on the website.
- Type your printer model name in the printer support tab and select your model name under the Brother printers list.
- Now, you need to choose the System type. After that, you need to choose the particular driver for your Brother printer model from the Drivers section of the website page.
- Once the above steps are complete, double-click on the driver that you have downloaded on the system. After that, you need to tap on the Next button and follow the on-screen prompts to start the installation process of the driver.
You may need to wait for a minute to complete the installation process of the driver.
Here, in this article, we have described some of the easiest and effective ways which can ease up your pain and make things work for you. Moreover, this article is there to guide you with the best possible solutions regarding the ‘Brother printer not responding’ issue. Hence, try the above-described steps and see which one is giving you the ultimate troubleshooting solution in no time. However, if there is any sort of query, as well as, any feedback from your end, please share your thoughts with us.