Sometimes, you might find that your HP Laptop won’t turn on. In this case, you may get tensed and won’t be able to think what to do and what not to do. And it really gets on your nerves.
But, do not worry. Here in this article, we have come up along with some of the most accurate and productive methods to ease your issues. And we will also be discussing various reasons for this problem. Therefore, if you want to fix your issues with ease, then go through this article right below.
Causes of the HP Laptop won’t turn on
You might have faced some situations when your HP laptop won’t turn on. Situations like, pressing the power button but it’s not responding. Sometimes, it also happens that the power light turns on and then goes off again or your screen display some error in the blue screen can irritate you.
All these situations occur when your battery is completely drained or damaged and not able to supply any power to your laptop. This can also be the result of some hardware failures.
Do not panic. Every problem comes with some solutions with them. Our technical experts have provided some best methods to solve this problem. Try them to diminish your problem.
Fixed HP Laptop Wont Turn On Issue: Methods
These are the 3 best methods to fix your problem:
- Checking out the battery condition.
- Detaching all the external devices
- Hard resetting
Methods to solve HP Laptop Not Turning On
All the above-mentioned methods are discussed below. Keep trying all the methods until your problem gets fixed. But, only one of the methods is efficient for fixing your problem:
Method 1: Checking out the Battery Condition
A laptop is an electronic device which runs on power or battery. So, first of all, make sure to check all the power supply and battery of your laptop, if it’s working properly or not:
- If your battery has no power or has drained completely, then try to connect it with the power supply.
- Replace the damaged battery it with a new one. You can even remove your battery and try connecting your laptop with charger cable to fix your problem.
- If you are using charger cable as the source of power to your laptop, then check the cable and power port to ensure if it is working properly or have got some issues with them. If the cable or the port is damaged, your laptop will not get any power supply.
If you have cross-checked all your battery, cable, adapter, and ports but did not encounter any issues. Then, try our other methods as it will definitely solve your problem.
Method 2: Detaching all the External Devices
Certain devices connected with your laptop can lead to some hardware conflicts sometimes and result in a black screen or laptop not turning on. In this situation, follow the instructions mentioned below to overcome your problem:
- Make sure to turn off your laptop.
- Detach all the external devices attached to your laptop including printers, USB drives etc.
- Following this further, you can now turn on your laptop. You will get your problem solved.
If you discover that your problem has been solved, you can rest assured to know the cause of the problem. Connect one hardware to your laptop each time and turn it on to ensure that which hardware is causing the problem. Update the driver of that problem causing hardware to make your system work properly.
Method 3: Hard Resetting
Hope, you have fixed your problem by now. However, if you were not able to solve your problem then try to follow this 3rd method as this will surely help you get out of the situation you are in.
Hard resetting your laptop is the last method that has to work. This is the final method everybody tries, in the end, to turn their laptop on. Follow the instructions step by step to hard reset your laptop:
- Make sure that your laptop is turned OFF.
- Detach all the external devices connected to your laptop.
- Disconnect the charger cable from your laptop and remove the battery from it.
- After removing the battery, tap and hold the power button of your laptop for at least 30 seconds.
- Connect the charger cable to your laptop and tap the power button to turn your laptop on.
- Following this further, you can attach your battery to your laptop now.
This method will surely fix your problem. And you can run your laptop normally now. After performing all the methods and fixing your problem, there are certain things that you should do to stop this issue occurring again.
Actions for Stopping the if Re-encounter the Same Issue
Now, that you have fixed the issue. You will never want the same issue to occur again. Therefore, we will suggest you take some action to stay tension free:
- Update your Windows
- Such issues encounter when your windows version is outdated. So it’s better to stay updated and tension free. In case you want to update your windows, simply run the Windows Update. The updated version of windows will be downloaded and installed automatically. In this process, your laptop may restart several times.
- Update all the device drivers.
- As by now, you have known that an outdated device driver can result in your laptop to not turn on. Therefore, it is better to update all the device drivers at times to stop encountering such issue again.
- To update the device drivers, go to the website of the device manufacturer and search for the latest versions of the drivers. Make sure to download the updated version compatible with your operating system and install them properly.
Hope, you have got your HP won’t turn on issue solved by now. We presume the content might have been able to tell you which methods you should consider resorting to if you have to get rid of the sticky tech issue. Apply them and make a difference in the situation you are in. If you need to read about related topics, please stay tuned to our posts.