Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server issue basically happens when the users strive to merge a lot of files into one PDF. As a result, the users become unable to operate their device and it got stuck frequently. This error is quite frustrating and as well as it hampers the performance of the device that you are using.
There are some factors that are responsible for getting this issue. If you know them, then you can solve the problem on your own without any hassle. If you are trying to merge a number of files at a time, then you might get the same issue.
In any case, if the application is not installed properly, then there is also a chance of encountering the same as well. Due to the wrong registry of the Acrobat application, you might also face the same issue.
By chance, if you are also experiencing the same problem, then this article will be helpful for you. You can not able to perform any task without solving out this issue Go through the entire tutorial thoroughly and implement the steps carefully.
Simple and Useful Methods to Resolve Acrobat Failed to Connect to a DDE Server Issue:
Before going to the methods, you need to perform a simple restart of your device. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve this problem as well. So tap on the Restart icon and wait until the device turns on automatically.
Method 1: Update Acrobat Software
First, you have to check some basic technicalities to solve Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server in your device. Make sure that you are using the latest version of the Acrobat application that is installed in your device. Because of an outdated version, you might get the same glitch.
Thus, it is necessary to update the latest version. Navigate to the official site of the application and download the updated version as well. This entirely affects the security and cumulative updates of the application.
Wait until the downloading procedure is going on. Now, check if the same issue is still going on or not. If still, you are facing the same, then move to the next step and follow exactly as it is.
Method 2: Change the Registry Values
Changing the registry is the most efficient solution that is discussed below. By this process, you have to change the ‘AcroviewA18’ to ‘AcroviewR18’. But it is suggested to have a back up of the registry before going to implement the methods.
- The first and foremost thing that you need to do is to tap on the Windows and the R button at the same time on your keyboard. Now, go to the Search box and click on it.
- Next, type “regedit” in the dialog box and then hit the Enter key.
- After that, click on the following registry key:
- Now, right-click on that particular key and tap on the Modify icon.
- Then, edit the key “AcroviewA18” to “AcroviewR18” by clicking on it.
- At the final step, you have to restart your device and strive to launch the Acrobat for once more. Check if the same issue is still occurring or not.
Method 3: Disable “Protected mode on Startup”
For providing an extra layer of security, the Protected mode is basically used. When the users use this mode, it identifies the malicious PDF documents that are stored in your device and doesn’t allow you to launch the executable files on your computer.
- On such occasions, you have to change the Registry file as well.
- To do so, at first, launch the Acrobat and then tap on the Ctrl and K button on your keyboard. After that, choose the Security icon. You can find this option on the left navigation bar.
- Now, uncheck the ‘Enabled Protected mode on startup’ option by tapping on it and also disable the Protected view mode. Also, turn on the “Enable Enhanced Security” as well.
- At the final step, restart your device and check if the same issue is still annoying you or get resolved.
Additional Tips that you may Follow:
- The first and foremost thing that you need to do is to tap the Windows and R key simultaneously on your keyboard. Now, navigate to the Search box and type “services.msc” in it.
- After that, click on the Enter button and check for the service that says ‘Network DDE’ and ‘Network DDE DSDM’. You need to be sure that all of them are enabled as well.
- Through this process, you can fix any discrepancies found in your device.
- When the repair installation process gets completed, restart your device and check if the same issue is still showing up or get fixed.
We hope that the entire guide will be enough for you to fix Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server in Windows 10 permanently. But somehow, if you find any complications or any query arises, then you can get in touch with an expert as well. Leave your valuable words in the comment section if you find the article a beneficial one.