Windows 10 is one of the most widely used operating systems. But in any operating system, antivirus software is installed for protecting the system against any malware or virus attack. When it comes to antivirus software applications, Norton is one of the most popular. It safeguards the crucial data and information in your system and protect it against any online threats. But sometimes it doesn’t work properly then you need to uninstall it. So, if you have downloaded Norton antivirus for your Windows 10 operating system and want to uninstall it for any purpose, then you are in the right place. In this article, we will discuss few steps on how to uninstall Norton on Windows 10.
Problems Related to Norton Antivirus
Norton antivirus software plays a critical role in protecting your system against any sort of malware and virus. It is the most feature-rich antivirus but its first scan is very slow, as compared to others. During the running of this program, you may not able to use any other programs. It may cause technical issues and it did not accept any external hard drive without scanning. It may also sometimes damage your hard drive. According to PC antivirus review, Norton cannot be able to deep scan your full system. All these issues make it often incompatible for the users.
So, if you wanted to know how to uninstall Norton antivirus then, check the following steps.
Step-by-Step Guidance on How to Uninstall Norton on Windows 10
Here are some methods for uninstalling Norton on Windows 10. To perform these methods, follow the steps below:
Method 1: Uninstall Norton from the Control Panel
You can uninstall the Norton antivirus from the Control Panel. Here’s how to do it:
- First, open your laptop then click on the Start button.
- Then, go to the All Apps.
- Under the Windows system, click on the Control Panel.
- Then, find the Norton Antivirus and click on the Uninstall Program.
- Re-start your computer.
Your Norton antivirus will fully be uninstalled. If you still fail to uninstall Norton on Windows 10, then move on to the next solution.
Method 2: Uninstall Norton from the Start Menu
You can uninstall Norton antivirus from the Start Menu, by using the following steps:
- On the taskbar, click on Start
- Then, go to All Apps
- After that, double click on the Norton security
- Click on the Uninstall Norton Security
Until you restart your computer/ laptop, your Norton product is not fully uninstalled. So make sure that as soon as you complete the above procedure, you should restart your laptop or computer.
Method 3: Uninstall Norton using Norton Removal Tool
If you don’t know how to uninstall Norton on Windows 10, then at first, you need to download the Norton removal tool.
- Run the removal tool from the downloaded folder.
- After that, click on the Yes button in the permission Windows.
- Accept the license agreement and click on the Next option.
- Fill the captcha and click on the next option.
- Then, click on the confirm option.
- At last, restart your PC/laptop.
Once your laptop booted up, you can now see that this antivirus will be fully removed. If it is not removed, then you can go for the next step.
Method 4: Uninstall Norton in Safe Mode
This is the alternative method to uninstall the Norton antivirus.
- First, hold the Shift key and click on the Restart option
- Then, you can select the Troubleshoot option
- After that, select Advance option
- Select Startup setting and then click on the Enable Safe Mode
- Then, the user can remove Norton Antivirus in safe mode.
At last, restart your Windows and you will find that the Norton antivirus is fully removed from your Windows 10 PC.
The above article gives you a brief idea about how to uninstall Norton on Windows 10. Hopefully, you will be able to uninstall this particular antivirus software by performing any of the above methods. If you have any queries in performing the above steps, then you can leave your query in the comment section below.