Bitdefender is the best free antivirus software in the running computers. This provides real-time protection against virus and spyware. But whenever you wanted to install a new program you might need to temporarily disable the Bitdefender features. So, if you wanted to know how to turn off Bitdefender, then follow the methods below.
Methods to Fix Bitdefender Threat Scanner Error
The reason for this type of error is corrupted files and maybe the main (Spybot) file is corrupted. Here we talk about how you fix these errors.
Method 1: Remove the Bitdefender from Program Window
- Double click on the Bitdefender icon from the Taskbar.
- From the upper-left corner, click “Option” and then select Preferences.
- After that, click on the Off option and hit Apply and then tap on OK to disable the Bitdefender.
Now, you can see that the Bitdefender will remove automatically. If this step does not work for you, then you can go for the next method.
Method 2: Remove the Bitdefender via Control Panel
You can easily remove the Bitdefender Via Control Panel. Here’s how to do it.
- At first, click on the Start menu.
- Then, click on the System icon and select Apps.
- Find the Bitdefender software and click on the Uninstall option.
- After that, confirm your choice.
- Next, click on the Remove option and hit on the Next button.
- After that, wait for some time untill the uninstall process is completed. Then, reboot your system.
After doing the above procedure, you can see that the Bitdefender antivirus is removed. If this method does not work for you, then you can try the next step.
Method 3: Remove the Bitdefender Using the Username and Password
It is another process by which you can remove the Bitdefender antivirus. But before doing the removal process, make sure that the Bitdefender Autopilot mode is turned off.
- Launch the Bitdefender uninstaller. Now, you will see a pop-up message that is This application will remove Bitdefender. In that click on the Uninstall option.
- For confirming the process enter the Username and Password and click on the Ok button.
- The uninstalling process will start automatically.
- After finishing this click on the Close option.
Now, check for Bitdefender software. If it is not removed, then you can try the next method.
Method 4: Turn off Bitdefender Using the Drag and Drop Method
You can also remove the Bitdefender by the drag and drop method. For that, follow the steps below:
- Open the Finder window and go to the application folder.
- Then, drag and drop the application folder into the trash.
- After that, click on the Go menu bar and then select the Go to Folder option.
- In the folder type Library/ Application Support and tap on the Go option.
- After that, drag the Bitdefender virus scanner into the trash.
The Bitdefender antivirus will be removed completely. Now, clear the Trash.
Method 5: Remove the Bitdefender from Mac
To remove the Bitdefender antivirus from Mac, proceed the following steps:
- At first, click on the Go option, then select the Utilities and run the BitdefenderUninstaller.
- In the new Window click on the Uninstall option. The uninstalling process will start.
- After that, click on the Close button.
- Now, go to the Macintosh HD > Library and move the bitdefender file to the trash.
- Give the administrator password and ID again and hit the Enter key.
It will completely remove the Bitdefender antivirus software from your device.
This article gives you a brief idea on how to turn off Bitdefender. Hopefully, the above methods will help you to remove it. If you have any query, then you can leave your queries in the comment section. We will reply to your queries with satisfactory answers.