When you buy an iPhone, it is necessary to transfer app data to new iPhone so that the Apple device can be used easily. This article will provide you with simple steps, that can guide you to achieve this feat. For more information, go to the next section where we have discussed the elaborate steps for doing so.
Methods to Transfer App data to new iPhone
This section can provide you with steps on how to sync apps to a new iPhone in a simple and easy manner.
Shift the Applications from an Old to New iPhone via App Store
You can effortlessly shift the applications that you have purchased from your old iPhone to a new one by using the ‘App Store’ software. For that, you will have to sign in to your ‘Apple ID’ on both the devices. After that, follow the steps below.
- First, unlock your new iPhone, and then locate the application ‘App Store’ and tap on it to launch.
- Then, on the page that comes up, choose the profile picture if you have one, on the top right corner of the screen. This will open a list of option. From that list, select the ‘Purchased’ option.
- After that, on the next page, hit the option ‘Not on this iPhone’. Now, you will see all the applications on the list that were purchased, but not installed on the new iPhone.
- Finally, tap on the download icon on the right side of each application and get them on to your new iPhone.
Use Quick Start to Move any Applications from One iPhone to Another
When the old iPhone and the new one are running on similar iOS version, then you can use the ‘Quick Start’ feature to shift the app data from the old device to the new one. Follow the steps beneath to do it.
- First, on the new iPhone, insert your current active SIM card.
- Then, turn the device on and keep it close to the old one. Now, you will get the ‘Quick Start’ screen on the old iPhone and along with that, there will be an option to set the new iPhone using the Apple ID.
- Inspect the ‘Apple ID’ on the old iPhone and tap on the button ‘Continue’. If you cannot find this button, tap on the ‘Bluetooth’ icon to activate the same.
- After that, you will get some kind of animation on the new iPhone. So, take the old device on the top of the new one and put the animation in the middle of the viewfinder present on the old device. Next, on the new iPhone, you will see the notification ‘Finish’
- Now, when there will be a prompt that asks you to put the password, provide the passcode of the old iPhone onto the new device.
- Once the passcode is entered by you on the new iPhone, then follow the information that comes up on the screen and set up the ‘Touch or Face ID’. Next, provide the ‘Apple ID’ on the new iPhone.
- At last, select to restore all the apps, data, and settings from the backup of iCloud.
Use iCloud to Transfer all the Applications from the Previous iPhone to a New One
You can use the iCloud to back up all the applications and their data from the previous iPhone to your new iPhone. Here, in this method, you will get steps to perform this transfer via iCloud.
- First, connect your old iPhone to the wireless network.
- After that, locate the ‘Settings’ application. Then, within that page, select the name of yours.
- On the next page that comes up, choose the option ‘iCloud’. Now, on the new page that shows up next, tap on the option ‘iCloud Backup’.
- Within the page that has a name ‘iCloud Backup’, tap on the button ‘Back Up Now’ and wait for the process of backup to complete.
- At this point, insert an old SIM card from your old device into the new iPhone. Now, initiate and set up the new iPhone.
- Once on the setup screen, you will come across the wireless network, then select a network that you wish to connect to.
- Now, follow the information on your screen until you get to the option ‘Apps & Data screen’. Next, select the option ‘Restore from iCloud Backup’. After that, with the Apple ID, sign in to the iCloud.
- Finally, select the option ‘Restore from iCloud Backup’ to backup from your old iPhone and get everything on your new iPhone. This process may take some time to complete. So wait patiently.
How to Transfer App Data to New iPhone using iTunes Software
This method will provide detailed steps on the different ways to shift the application data from the previous iPhone to the new one using the iTunes software. When you use the iTunes application to do the transfer, first backup everything present on your old iPhone within this software. After the backup is complete sync all the backed up applications and data to the new iPhone. To know how it’s done, follow the steps underneath.
- First, connect the old iPhone on your PC. Now, if the iTunes application does not open up on its own, then double-click on the iTunes icon to launch it.
- Within this application, hit the icon ‘device’, then, tap on the option ‘Summary’. Next, select the ‘Back Up Now’ option. Once you do this, then all the data and applications that are stored within your old iPhone will be backed up on the iTunes. Wait for a few minutes, so that backup process completes.
- Once the backup procedure gets over, disconnect the old iPhone. Now, insert an old SIM card from your old device into the new iPhone.
- Now, initiate and set up the new iPhone. Switch on the new iPhone and start to set it up. After that, follow the instructions on the screen until the option ‘Apps & Data screen’ comes up. From the next screen, choose the ‘Restore from iTunes Backup’, then tap on the ‘Next’ button.
- At this moment, insert the new iPhone into the computer and execute the iTunes application where the backup from the old iPhone is present.
- Hit the icon ‘device’, then choose the option ‘Restore Backup’.
- At last, select the backup that was created and then choose the ‘Restore’ option.
To transfer app data to new iPhone smoothly, follow all the methods discussed above, carefully. But, if even after following all the methods, you still cannot shift the applications to the new iPhone, then do not worry at all. Place your query on the comment section at the end the webpage and get the problem fixed instantly.