When users often try to access the Yahoo mail inbox, a temporary message appears on the system screen which says Yahoo mail error 14. There are several reasons behind the error code 14. The feature of Yahoo Mail might not support the web browser and as a result, the error code appears. In addition, the error might occur if you log in with an invalid username or password of your mail account. Though the error is temporary, if you do not solve the error within time, it might become permanent. No need to panic, we are here to give you the permanent solutions for this problem. Hence, follow the article and get effective procedures to solve the issue in no time.
Reasons Behind Yahoo Mail Temporary Error 14
There are several causes responsible for the Yahoo mail temporary error 14. An outdated version of Yahoo, as well as the web browser, might lead you in this situation. Additionally, a slow internet connection is also responsible for this annoying situation. This usually happens if you wrongly configure the Yahoo account settings. Moreover, ingressing of the harmful malware might responsible for this temporary error code 14.
Symptoms of the Yahoo Mail Error Code 14
When the error code 14 occurs, you can not access your account. On the other hand, you are unable to receive any email through your account.
Steps to Follow to Troubleshoot Yahoo Mail Account 14:
As the error might occur due to multiple reasons, you need to fix this with some effective procedures. In the section below, we are going to discuss the different ways by which you can resolve this problem.
Procedure 1: Clear the Caches of Web Browser
Sometimes, the error might appear due to some corrupted or damaged cached data that is stored in the web browser. Hence, the cache data help you to resolve the issue. So, follow the steps that are described in the section below.
At first, open the web browser and open the Settings option. Then, select the Advanced option. To expand it, click on it.
After that, search for the Clear Browsing Data option and open it. Select browsing history, cookies, other site data, and cached imaged and files. To remove the data, press the Clear Data option. After successfully completing the methods, open the Yahoo account and enter your username and password to log in. Check whether the error code still exists or not, otherwise, move to the next procedures.
Procedure 2: Update the Browser
An outdated version of the Yahoo can responsible for the error code 14. Then, you should update the browser and check the error code gets solved.
- Firstly, open the web browser and go to the Menu section.
- After that, from the Menu section, click on the Help option.
- Here, you can check the version of the Yahoo that you are using currently. Also, find if any updated version is available or not. If yes, then click on OK to download the latest version.
- Once the downloading process gets completed, install it and relaunch the web browser.
Procedure 3: Check for the Internet Issue
Sometimes, poor internet connection might be the primary reason for this error code. Hence, check the internet connection. If you are using a WiFi connection, then try to switch another WiFi connection. It might help you to solve the issue.
Procedure 4: Turn Off Unwanted Extensions
You may even face the Yahoo mail error 14 due to an extension which prevents Yahoo. So, in such case, you need to turn off the extension in order to resolve the error. You can disable the unwanted extension from your web browsing from the browser menu.
Procedure 5: Uninstall the Third-party Antivirus
Sometimes, due to the third-party antivirus, this error code might occur. So, you need to uninstall the third-party antivirus from the system in order to resolve the problem. Hence, follow the steps to remove the third-party antivirus software.
- At first, click on the Windows home button and press I key to open the Settings option.
- Form the Settings option, move to the Apps and Programs section.
- Scroll down the pages and search the third-party antivirus and click on it.
- Next, hit the Uninstall option. Once done, restart the system and check the status of the error code.
Procedure 6: Remove Bookmarks
Removing all the bookmarks if your web browser sometimes helps you to solve the problem. To delete the bookmarks, open the web browser and take your mouse cursor to the bookmarks option. Right-click on it and select Delete option to remove the bookmarks.
Procedure 7: Check Add-Ons
If any add-ons or plug-in interfere the function of the Yahoo mail account, then it might be responsible for the error code. Hence, you need to disable all the add-ons which are already turned on. Many users apply this method and they got success in order to fix the issue.
Procedure 8: Update the Operating System
By updating the operating system, you can also fix the issue that you face on your Yahoo account. Follow the directions given in the section below.
- Initially, press the Windows key + I at the same time to open the Settings option.
- From the Settings option, move to the Update and Security option.
- In the Update and Security section, go to the Update section which is available in the left side panel.
- It will automatically check whether there any updated version is available for the Windows operating system. If yes, update the latest version of the Windows and check the status of the error code.
On the whole, these are the fixes that you can try in order to fix the issue Yahoo mail error 14. Try to perform each and every step carefully. Do not skip any of the steps in order to resolve the issue. If you face any glitches in any steps, you can directly connect with the experts.