Sometimes you need to know the steps how to restore iPhone without updating. This is done to overcome any sorts of issues that you fail to find. After restoring the iPhone to the latest version, you can use your device perfectly. In such circumstances, updating the iPhone can often lead to several technical glitches. Therefore, restoring it is the best way. Read this article to know some of the causes and easy fixes which you can implement to get rid of this issue.
Restore iPhone Without Updating In Recovery Mode: Know the Causes
Before knowing the hacks how to restore iPhone without updating it, you need to know the reasons why perhaps updating is not the best way out. Take a glimpse at some of the common reasons for such issue.
- Your iPhone might jailbreak while you try to update it to the latest version. As a result, you have to restore it.
- If some of the system files get corrupt and you are planning for an update, then it can change the configuration of some of the applications that you use daily. Also, this can bring disruption to your work.
- Updating your iPhone due to any reason might slow down your phone. In such cases, you have to restore it rather than updating it.
- Moreover, if the latest update doesn’t match the compatibility, then restoring is the best variant.
How To Restore iPhone Without Updating: Know the Best Fixes
An issue with your iPhone makes it impossible for you to work. This can be very annoying for you. As a result, you need to resolve the issue at the earliest. Take a glimpse at some of the easy fixes by which you can restore the iPhone without updating it.
Restore iPhone 7
At first, you have to connect your iPhone to your computer through a USB cable. Then, tap on the iTunes and select the Device icon. After that, look for the Backups section and click on the option “Backup Now”. This will take a few time to create a full backup of your iPhone. Wait untill the process ends. Then, switch off the phone. Hold the lock button present at the side of the device for about three to four seconds. Keep holding the power button, now you need to hold the lower volume key as well. Hold both the keys for ten seconds. Release the power key but keep holding the lower volume key until an iTunes pop-up shows up. The pop-up will show that your device has been detected in the Recovery Mode. Tap on the “Restore iTunes” button. This will show the recent backups where you have to select the latest one. After that, disconnect your iPhone from the computer and switch it on. See if the previously faced issue persists or not.
Restore iPhone 6S
- You have to connect your iPhone 6S with the computer, at first.
- Open the iTunes app and choose the Device option.
- Go to the Interface section, where you have to click on the “Backup Now” option.
- Wait until the backup procedure is complete. Then, disconnect your device from the computer.
- Switch the phone off.
- Now, hold down the Home button.
- Reconnect the iPhone to your computer again while keeping the Home button pressed.
- You will see the iTunes logo on the screen. Tap on the iTunes logo and select the “Restore iPhone” option.
- A list of all the available backups will be given. Choose the latest backup. This will take some time to restore the iPhone 6S to that version. After that, check whether you face a similar kind of issue or not.
Restore Jailbroken iPhones
Jailbroken devices need to be restored in a slightly different way. Follow the steps to restore an iPhone which is jailbroken. At first, you have to back up the important data and files that you require for your work. This is because the process will erase everything that is present on your iPhone.
Open Cydia on your phone. Go to the Sources option and tap on that. Then, tap on the Edit option and Add option respectively. This will add a new repository. Then, tap on the “Add Source” option to add a repository to your Cydia source. While in the Cydia, search “iLEX RAT”. Tap on the option. Now, tap on the install option to begin installing the package. The app will be visible on the screen of your iPhone. Open the app and choose the “iLEXRESTORE” option and confirm it. By doing this, the restore process for your jailbroken phone will start. Make sure you wait until the process ends. At last, switch on the device and see if the issue persists or not.
These are the probable solutions if you want to restore the iPhone without updating it. If you are still facing a problem in carrying out the following procedures, then it is better to take the help of professionals.