You may have already heard about backing up your devices for the purpose of protecting your most valuable data. So, if you’re inclined towards the use of iCloud synced to your own account, do you need a full backup? One of the imperative reasons for a full backup is to safeguard the confidentiality of data when your device gets crashed and you are standing on the verge of losing all those protected data.
If you’re in the midst of something very important like time-bound project meeting and your Mac suddenly pops out, you might have secured the document you’re working on in iCloud, but without a having a backup. Then, you didn’t have secured your apps or settings at all. Henceforth, it’ll take a really prolonged period of time to get things sorted. However, using recent backup, you can easily restore your Mac and start working seamlessly. Therefore, go through this informative user guide to get a thorough idea about how to restore a Macbook and avoid future discrepancies.
How You Can Restore a MacBook?
In case, if you are not tech-savvy, then you can’t restore your Mac device on your own. So, go through the remaining part of this article which will help you to restore your Apple device in no time. Let’s take a glimpse at the effective methods to perform the restore process:
How to Restore a MacBook from a Time Machine Backup?
If you use the Time Machine feature for the backup process, then you will be able to restore individual files or entire hard drive. To do so, just go through these easy guidelines cited below:
- First of all, restart your Mac device.
- When the startup disc pops up, just press and hold the Command as well as R keys combination for a few seconds.
- Now, your Mac device will reboot into MacOS Utilities.
- If this isn’t clicked, then try the same process again.
- After invoking the MacOS utilities, you can see a list.
- Locate the ‘Restore from Time Machine Backup’ option from the list and then click on it.
- Now, select the Continue button.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Restore Your System Page’ option, and then click on the Continue option again.
- Now, you need to choose Time Machine Backup.
- After that, you need to select the Continue option.
- Choose the latest available backup of your Mac’s hard drive.
- Next, select Continue.
- When the backup is restored successfully, restart your Mac device.
How to Restore a MacBook from a Local Backup?
If you clone your Mac using a cloning program such as SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner, you can easily revive your entire hard drive from a backup. Then, you need to build a bootable installer. Since you have to provide Recovery mode on your Mac, we recommend you to keep a printout out of these instructions or modifying to a separate device in order to read them.
- First and foremost thing is that you need to restart your Mac.
- While the startup disc is waking up, you have to hold the Command as well as R keys at the same time. You’re Mac will easily boot into macOS Utilities. If it doesn’t, you have to make another attempt.
- Thereafter, you need to press on Disk Utility.
- Next, you need to press Continue.
- Then, you need to choose your Mac’s hard drive.
- After that, you need to Restore tab present at the top of the Disk Utility window.
- Now, you need to choose the external hard drive where you saved the cloned backup present next to “Restore From.”
- Next, you have to choose your Mac’s hard drive which is available next to “Restore to” option.
- Finally, you have to press Restore.
You will find that your cloned backup is restored easily. After that, it will restart once it is finished.
If you wish to install a bootable backup, you must hold down the Option key while the process of rebooting the Mac is underway. Next, you need to choose the clone from your external hard drive in order to fix that in your partitioned hard drive.
How to Restore a MacBook from a Cloud Backup?
When you launch a new iOS device or restore information, your iCloud backup becomes very easy and compatible. To accomplish this, you just need to follow the below steps exactly as stated:
- Move to the Settings option on the iOS device. After that, you need to hover on to the General settings. Then, you should press Software Update. If a new version of iOS is present, you just have to go through the onscreen instructions if you wish to download and install it.
- Please ensure that you have a backup from where you can restore.
- On iOS 11, you need to move to the Settings. Then provide your name. Now, you need to press iCloud. Next, you need to click on Manage Storage. Then, click on Backups.
- On iOS 10.3, you need to move to Settings option. Then, you need to add your name. Moreover, you need to press on the iCloud option. Next, tap the graph which exhibits the iCloud usage. Then, you need to hit Manage Storage.
- On iOS 10.2, you need to move to Settings option. Then, click on iCloud and also Storage option. Next, you need to press Manage Storage.
- Now, you need to move to Settings. Then, press the General option. Next, you need to reset and then hit Erase All Content and Settings.
- Furthermore, you have to hit Restore from the iCloud Backup present on Apps & Data screen. Next, you have to sign in to iCloud.
- Then, you need to move ahead in order to choose backup. Next, you need to select from the list of backups in iCloud.
How to Restore Mac Through Deauthorize iTunes?
Do you have the idea that you can authorize up to 5 computers which implies that you can play the content on 5 different macs? That’s why you need to ensure that the computer is not associated with the iTunes account when there is a new owner. Have a look at the below steps in order to sign out from iTunes:
- Firstly, you need to open iTunes on your mac.
- Then, you need to hit on Account present in the menu bar.
- Next, you need to select Authorizations. After that, you have the provision to de-authorize the Computer.
- Moreover, you have to tap Deauthorize.
How to Reset Mac by turning off FileVault?
FileVault plays a major role if you wish to reset your Macbook. It basically encrypts the data on the hard drive in order to refrain unethical access to the information present on the startup disk. Although you have the authority to restore MacBook to factory settings and remove all the files, it’s better if you switch off FileVault. You just have to go through the below steps on how to restore a Macbook by turning off FileVault
- First and foremost thing is that you need to move to the Apple menu. Then, you have to press System Preferences.
- Next, you need to select Security & Privacy. After that, you have to press FileVault.
- Now, you must click on the lock icon in order to unlock it.
- You need to provide the administrator name as well as password.
- Finally, you need to select Turn Off FileVault.
How You can Wipe Macbook Pro without data loss?
This fix will help you to understand how to restore a MacBook without any data loss. When you begin resetting the Mac, most of the information present on the hard drive is lost. Henceforth, you must keep a backup to load your significant files as well as data. This is similar to the cloning of hard drive and maintains it for some span of time. You can even backup all the files manually. Only you need to copy everything to the external drive. However, the faster and easiest way to that is to use macs inbuilt software.
How to Reset Mac to Factory Settings?
Once, the backup is done and you are signed out of account, you are prepared to remove your Mac as well as providing a glowing start with a new owner. The under-mentioned steps will guide you on how to restore a MacBook to factory settings.
Method 1: Restart Mac in Recovery Mode
This process is simplest among all. Just you need to navigate to the Apple menu present at the top left corner of the screen. Then, you need to select the Restart option. When the system starts, you need to hold the combination of both commands as well as R keys at the same time. You will observe the Recovery Mode window.
Method 2: Erase Mac Hard Drive
- First, you need to choose Disk Utility in the Utilities Window.
- Next, you need to press the Continue button.
- Furthermore, you need to select the startup disk.
- Then, you need to select Erase option from the buttons present at the peak of Disk Utilities Window.
- Now, you need to select Mac OS Extended present in the menu.
- Finally, you have to press the Erase option.
When the entire process gets over, you need to navigate to the Disk Utility menu available at the top left corner of the screen. Lastly, you need to choose Quit Disk Utility.
Method 3: Reinstall Operating System
First, you need to simply reinstall MacOS or you can Reinstall OS X. Then, you need to confirm whether you wish to follow it and go through the instructions visible on the screen. However, if you don’t want to keep the Mac, it will be generous to end the process. Therefore, the owner is liable to provide all the required information. Just, you have to hold the Command as well as Q keys. Then, you need to select Shut Down in order to turn off the Mac. However, you need to spare some time.
To Sum it Up
Your Mac is now clean and can perform a fresh restart. We hope this user guide is helpful. Also, you receive all the important information on how to restore a Macbook. By following the above steps you can easily restore Mac and enjoy hassle-free service. Moreover, refer the user manual to have a through know-how.