Gmail not working issue strikes to your device while sending or receiving the email to others. It might effect on Chrome Browser that keeps crashing. This error might make the emailing process slow. However, there is no doubt that this error mainly appears on Gmail because of security. Excessive bugs can also be the culprit for the Gmail won’t load issue. In this situation, don’t get panic. It is a common error but using some simple hacks, you can also overcome this problem quickly. In this article, we include several guidelines as well as the causes behind this annoying issue.
Know the Exact Causes of Gmail Not Working Issue:
You can encounter Gmail not working on Android problem due to various reasons. For instance:
- Missing messages
- 2-step verification
- Gmail fails to sync
- Forgot password
- Excessive bugs
- Software issue
- Outdated version of the Browser
After knowing the causes, you need to focus on the solutions part.
Accurate Solutions to Fix Gmail Not Working on Android Issue:
Now, you are well aware of the reasons for this issue. So, you need to proceed through the solutions. In this section, we have put some selected methods that will benefit for you to resolve this matter completely. Check out the below points:
Way 1: Follow Preliminary Troubleshooting Steps
The first objective is that you need to follow some easy steps to resolve this annoying problem. So, check out the instructions:
- First of all, restart the system and check if the issue is fixed.
- You can try to use another browser to open Gmail.
- Also, you can delete all caches from the system and then, disable all extensions.
- Now, restart the browser to check if it is the main cause of this issue.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Chrome. To perform that, click on the gear icon and choose Google Chrome. When a list of the version appears, verify if an update is available or not.
Way 2: Change the SMTP Port
If the error continues to occur, you need to change the SMTP port. So, go through the steps mentioned below:
- At first, open the Outlook app.
- After that, click on the ‘Tool’ option.
- Then, select the ‘Accounts’ option.
- Now, choose ‘Your account’ section and select the Override default port box from the outgoing server.
- Next, try to select Use SSL to build a connection with the box.
- Now, close the Accounts window.
- Go to the Outbox folder and eliminate all the messages.
- Finally, send an email message to anyone and check the issue once.
Way 3: Browse Incognito or in Private
After restarting your device, if you still see this trouble, just browse incognito or in private. So, follow the steps stated below:
- Firstly, switch on your device and open Google Chrome.
- Now, click on the Menu option at the right pane of the screen.
- After that, select the ‘New Incognito Window’ option.
- Alternatively, tap and hold Ctrl, Shift, and N together
- When an Incognito window will appear on the screen, find out the Incognito icon on the top corner section.
- Now, check if you can get access to Gmail or not. If not, proceed through the below process.
Way 4: Clear the Cache and Cookies
You can fix this problem by clearing up all the caches and cookies from the system. To do so, follow these simple steps carefully:
- At first, power on your device.
- Now, click on the Menu folder.
- Next, scroll down the list of options and select ‘More’.
- Then, click on the ‘More tools’ option.
- Choose ‘Clear browsing data’.
- After that, select the Time range in the popup box.
- Then, click on the ‘All time’ option to delete everything.
- Next, make sure that the ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’ option are marked.
- At last, click on the ‘Select Data’ option and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Way 5: Remove and Re-add the Gmail Account
The next thing you need to try is to re-add your Gmail account to your iPhone. So, try to follow the below guidelines carefully:
To Remove the Gmail Account:
- Firstly, go to the Settings option.
- Click on the Mail option.
- Now, go to the Contacts folder and open Calendars.
- Then, click on the Gmail account and select ‘Delete Account’.
- At last, select ‘Delete’ from your device.
To Re-Add the Gmail Account:
- At first, go to the Settings app.
- Select ‘Mail’.
- Now, click on the Contacts option.
- Then, go to the Calendars icon and select ‘Add Account’.
- After that, enter your account information.
- Finally, figure out if the problem still appears or not.
Way 6: Check the Browser Extensions or Applications
In this step, the Browser extensions can prevent Gmail from loading. So, you need to turn them off one-by-one and check if the problem appears or not. You have to try using Gmail incognito. Make sure that you turn off all the extensions or applications temporarily. After doing this, if you can’t fix this issue, then head over the next solution.
Way 7: Check Gmail Labs
Basically, you can open Gmail by turning on labs. But the labs might cause this Gmail won’t load issue. Therefore, you need to turn them one-by-one. Get a look at these steps:
- First of all, turn on Gmail and click on the Settings section from the right corner.
- After that, go to the Labs folder.
- Next, click on the ‘Disable’ option to turn off all the labs.
- Now, select ‘Save changes’ from the bottom section of the page.
- Lastly, check if the problem is fixed or not.
Way 8: Reset the Browser
Sometimes, resetting the browser helps you to fix this issue. So, follow the easy steps given below:
- At first, go to Chrome and click on the ‘More’ option.
- Now, select ‘Settings’.
- Then, click on the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Finally, hit the Reset option.
- After completing the process, check if this issue still persists or not.
This procedure helps to reset the default search engine back to the new tab page, the homepage, and tabs, Google, extensions, content settings, cookies, site data, and themes. This new changes on Settings will apply on all devices.
Way 9: Check if the Security Software is Blocking Gmail from Loading
In some cases, antivirus security might cause Gmail SMTP not working issue. So, check if the Windows defender is blocked or not. If yes, disable it and try to reload Gmail. If the problem still appears, go through the next instructions below.
Way 10: Flush Socket Pools
If any of the above methods fail to resolve this issue, you have to follow the steps below:
- First of all, open Google Chrome.
- Then, type ‘chrome://net-internals’ in the URL bar.
- After that, click on the Export button.
- Now, scroll down to the sockets.
- Next, click on the ‘Flush socket pools’ option.
- Finally, try to load Gmail again. If the issue still arises, then head over to the below method.
Way 11: Reinstall the Web Browser
If an outdated version of the web browser is the cause of the Gmail not working problem, then try to reinstall it to fix this issue quickly. So, follow these steps provided below:
- Firstly, click and hold the Windows logo key and R key at the same time.
- Open the Run dialog box and write down ‘Control’ there.
- Now, hit the Enter key.
- After that, click on the ‘View by’ option and click on ‘Large icons’.
- Next, click on the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- When a list of all installed programs appear, locate the web browser you were using and select the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Then, follow the instructions that appear and complete the uninstallation process.
- Now, you have to go to the official website of the browser and open it. If you cannot enter the website, you can use another computer to do that.
- Then, download the latest version from the website and install it on your device.
- Lastly, open a web browser and figure out if the issue is resolved or not.
Way 12: Turn Off All Extensions
The last resort is to disable all extensions to remove this trouble completely. So, you have to execute Chrome by disabling the extensions command. But, it might not turn off all extensions. So, you need to disable them manually by applying the directions mentioned below to fix Gmail not working issue:
- At first, open Chrome and open the User data folder.
- After that, click on the ‘File Preferences’ folder.
- Next, scroll down to the line starting from the setting blocks.
- Each and every extension has to block itself in the settings block. So, change their states from 1 to 0.
- At last, check if the problem is resolved or not.
Sum It Up
After reading this article, we hope that now you know how to troubleshoot Gmail not working issue. These are some of the best techniques to solve the error. If you face any issue regarding this article, then proceed through the comment section and put your feedback there.