For a long time, the Outlook sync feature with the iCloud is proving to be a great addition for the users because it helps them to easily sync their data, such as their emails, contacts, and calendar to their iCloud account. But recently, many users are starting to complain that, after installing their latest security update, they are unable to login to the iCloud account and instead they got the following error notification:
“The set of folders cannot be opened. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Apple\INTERN~1\APLZOD.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured”
According to the officials, one of the main reasons for the APLZOD.dll outlook error is that the Outlook i snot able to properly handle the latest security features. But that’s not all, there are also a few other reasons available which can lead the users to the problem like APLZOD.dll Outlook 2013 error. In this article, we will learn what actually APLZOD.dll is, why it occurs and how we can fix it. So, follow the rest of the article carefully to get the one stop solution for the following problem.
What is APLZOD.dll?
APLZOD.dll is a type of DLL file for the Windows Operating system. It facilitates sharing a similar functionality among multiple software programs.
Causes of the APLZOD.dll Outlook Error
As we discussed above, this specific error can occur for multiple reasons. To make the article informative, we have provided here, a list of possible causes down below:
- When DLL files exist outside of the software application folder, Windows unable to load APLZOD.dll files which resultant the following error
- Users often encounter this issue because of incomplete software installation or uninstallation
- Invalid or corrupted registry entries can make this error happen
- This problem usually happens during improper Windows startup or boot up of your computer
- Malware attacks damage the APLZOD.dll files and causes the following problem
- A bad hard drive or any other hardware failure can cause the issue
- Another program on your PC may overwrite the required version of APLZOD.dll file.
Effective Methods to Fix the APLZOD.dll Outlook Error
The usual fixes for this kind of error are to re-installing iCloud, reboot it, sign out and then sign back in. But in most of the time, this type of general solution unable to help the users to get rid of the problem. After doing some online research we found out some bunch of effective solution which can help you to fix the Error issue. So, check them out to completely get rid of the APLZOD.dll Outlook error.
Method #1: Change the Registry Value
When you face a problem like APLZOD.dll outlook 2013 error and non of the general methods able to solve the issue for you then the first thing you should try is, change the registry value for the AllowUnregisteredMapiServices file. Changing the Registry Value is the most effective and powerful method to get rid of the problems associated with the wrong key value. But keep in mind that without a proper knowledge changing the key values can damage your computer. So follow the below instructions carefully:
- At first, turn on your computer and then press Windows+R key to launch the Run dialogue box.
- Now, type “regedit” in the Run dialogue box and then, press Enter to launch the Registry Editor of your computer.
- Once the Registry Editor window opens select HKEY_CURRENT_USER from the left side of the screen and then follow the below mentioned path:
If you don’t use group policies then you have to follow this path rather than the one specified in the above section:
- In the Security folder, you will find a DWORD type file named as AllowUnregisteredMapiServices on the right side of the screen. Double click on it to change its key value.
- Once the Edit DWORD Value windows open, change the Value from 0 to 1 and then press Ok to save the changes you have made.
- Now, exit the current Window and then, restart your device to apply the changes you have made.
After completing the above step refresh your Outlook as well as iCloud and try syncing them again to check the status of the problem.
In case you didn’t find the AllowUnregisteredMapiServices file then you can add it and then set its value accordingly by following the steps below:
- Open the Security folder from Registry Editor in the same way you have done in the above section and then Right-click on an empty space at the right side of the window, after that select New option.
- Now, choose the DWORD (32-bit) Value from the drop-down menu and then name the new key as AllowUnregisteredMapiServices.
- After that double click on the AllowUnregisteredMapiServices file and then change its value in the same way you have done in the above section. But, keep in mind to set the Base type as Hexadecimal in the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value window.
After that, restart your device to apply the changes and refresh your Outlook and iCloud before syncing them again.
Method #2: Creating the Correct File Using CMD
If the problem is occurring after a recent update then it can be possible that the DLL file your computer is using got changed improperly in the update process. So, in this case, you can fix the issue by copying the DLL file correctly going through the method underneath:
- At first, turn on your computer and then open the Start Menu by clicking on the Windows icon.
- Next, locate and highlight the Command Prompt with the help of search bar and after that right click on the Command Prompt to select the Run as administrator.
- Once the black box opens type the following commands:
(This will change the current directory of the command prompt to where you are trying to implement the changes)
copy APLZOD32.dll APLZOD.dll
(Running the above command will create a copy of the DLL file with a correct name)
After completing the above steps exit from the Command Prompt window and after that restart your computer to apply the following change.
Method #3: Run SFC and DISM scans
Another solid reason for the APLZOD.dll outlook error can be the system’s corrupted file. But no need to panic because you will be able to fix the file corrupted file problem by performing SFC and DISM scans. To use this method you have to turn on the device and press Windows Key + X Key to open the menu and choose Command Prompt (Admin) option. Now in the Command Prompt box type “sfc/scannow” and press Enter. After that, the only thing is left to wait for 15-20 minute. So, that your device can successfully conduct the scanning process and fix any corrupted file of the device. When the scanning process is complete check if the issue is still present or resolved.
If you are unable to run the SFC scan or in case the issue is still present in the device then running the DISM scan can be a good alternative choice for you. To run the DISM scan you have to open the Command Prompt box and run it as administrator just like before. Then you have to type and run “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” to start the scan. DCIM scan also takes 15 to 25 minute time so don’t interfere or perform another task during the process. After the scanning check the status of the issue.
Method #4: Run Disk Check Utility
Disk Check Utility is also a built-in tool which can be a good option to resolve any kind of error. Disk Check scans the hard disk of your device and repairs any damaged portions and files within it. But to repair the faulty hard disk a user required some specified parameters. So if you think that the APLZOD.dll outlook error is occurring because of the faulty hard drive and don’t know how to fix it with Run Disk Check Utility then follow the below steps:
- Turn on your device home screen and press Window + X Key to open the Quick Link menu
- Now select the Command Prompt(Admin) option from the given list and click Yes to from the confirmation box to run Command Prompt with Administrator privileges.
- Next, type “chkdsk” in the black window and leave an empty space between the “chkdsk” and the drive letter (For example C drive) you want to scan.
- After that, you have to specify parameters before the utility can perform necessary repair because running disk check only identifies damaged sector and files.
- Now you have to type the following into the prompt immediately after the drive letter “/f/r/x” ( Here letter f tells the utility to fix errors, letter r tells it to identify any bad sectors in the disk and letter x tells it to dismount the drive before the commencement of the scanning process).
- Make sure that disk is not in use. If required dismount the disk and then, press Enter to start the scanning.
After completing the scanning process restarts your device.
Method #5: Uninstall the Recent Updates
If none of the above method able to solve the problem for your computer then your last option will be, delete the recent update. The following steps are applicable to Outlook 2010. So, if you are facing the problem for APLZOD.dll outlook 2013 then, the following method is not for you.
- Open the search bar of the Start Menu and then, type “updates” in the search box.
- From the search result, choose the Check for updates option to open the Windows Update page.
- Now, locate Update history from under the Check for updates option.
- Once you click on it, Review Your Update History window will open. In this window, you will get a complete list of the updates you made in the last few years.
- From the list, look for Security update for Office Outlook and then right click on it to Uninstall the file. Once you complete the above step your security update will be uninstalled from your computer.
- After successfully performing the following changes, go back to the updates window but this time select the Advanced options. Now scroll down a little bit to locate the Pause Update option and then change its slider to the On position.
Once the following changes are done restart your computer for the changes to take effect and check if the APLZOD.dll error of the Outlook issue is resolved or not.
Wrapping It Up:
Hope these methods are able to properly guide you to fix the APLZOD.dll outlook error issue for your device. We try our best to make the procedure as simple as possible to make it acceptable for all the users. If you are still facing the error issue then we will highly recommend getting in touch with an expert for better guidance.