Kaspersky is well known for its Hybrid protection. The antivirus protects a PC from various types of malware, viruses, trojans, and other threats. However, sometimes there might be some issues with the antivirus program which is very common. Sometimes, users might face some serious concerns with their Mac, which make them uninstall the program. If you are a Mac user and the Kaspersky antivirus isn’t running properly, then you might wonder how to remove Kaspersky from Mac. In that case, this article is your rescuer.
In this content, we will discuss the reasons why you need to remove Kaspersky from Mac and how to do the procedure with some easy hacks. So, go through the article to troubleshoot the error.
Why do you Need to Remove Kaspersky from Mac?
According to the manufacturers of the Kaspersky antivirus, the software defends your system from malicious programs. At times, Kaspersky antivirus slows down the system performance when it is working in the background. That’s why many users like to remove their Kaspersky antivirus from Mac.
In case, there is any Antivirus installed previously on your Mac or the program file has crashed, then you also need to uninstall the Kaspersky from your system. There are several versions of Kaspersky available, but it is not important that all the versions are compatible with your system. And that’s why, you might need to remove Kaspersky from the system.
What to do Before Uninstalling Kaspersky Service?
Earlier to the uninstalling the service pack, you have to quit the other apps that are running in the background. Here are three steps which help you to exit out of an app.
- Right click on the dock icon on your Mac and choose the Quit option.
- If exist, then click the App icon from the menu bar and select Quit.
- Launch the activity monitor and follow the on-screen instructions. Select the app in the Disk tab and click the “X” button on the upper-left corner of your device’s screen. Now, hit a click on “Quite Button” which appears in the pop-up dialog.
In case, the target app is not quitting regularly, you must reboot your system in Safe Mode to avoid the automatic launch. If the apps still stuck in the Dock, then right-click to remove it from the Dock.
How to Remove Kaspersky from Mac with Easy Steps
Almost all apps can be simply uninstalled by the drag-and-drop method. But if you are dealing with an antivirus, the uninstalling process is quite different. If you are wondering how to remove Kaspersky from Mac, then here are some easy hacks to resolve your troubles. Follow all the methods one by one to uninstall the service completely.
Method 1: Run the In-built Uninstaller
To uninstall the Kaspersky service, “Uninstall tool” is the best way. To perform this method, follow the steps described below.
- Open the program file which you’ve used to install the Kaspersky Service.
- Now, double-click on it to access the tool which is named “Uninstall Kaspersky Security”.
- Now, expand the file and then click on the “Uninstall” button on your Mac.
- Provide your recent password to allow the changes and then click “OK”.
- Once done with the uninstallation, click quit and exit the wizard.
Method 2: Uninstall Kaspersky from Launchpad
You can utilize this option if you connect Kaspersky through Mac App Store. To perform this method, grasp the steps given below.
- Open the Launchpad menu in the “Dock” and search for the Kaspersky security there.
- Hold the icon for a while until it starts jiggling and shows “X” on the left corner of the upper side.
- Click the “X” icon to delete the confirmation dialog.
- The app will be immediately removed once you click the “X” icon. Restart the computer after you are done with the process.
Method 3: Trash the Service to Delete Kaspersky
You need to trash the software to delete it completely from your Macbook. Here are some general hacks to remove the app. To perform this method, try the steps mentioned below:
- Click on “Launch Finder” and then search for the “Application Folder” to locate the target app there.
- Enter your administrative password when asked.
- Now, click on the “Finder Menu” and then select “Empty Trash” option to delete the trash file from your Mac. Restart your Macbook after you are done with the process.
In this article, we’ve discussed how to remove Kaspersky from Mac. We’ve also talked about why you need to remove the app. Hope the following article was beneficial enough for you. We delivered you all the possible solutions which will assist you to resolve the issues. In case, you find any trouble, then simply drop down a comment below to let us know about your opinion.