Send/receive error Outlook is one of the most common errors of Microsoft Outlook. This error occurs generally when the users use their Outlook profile. Basically, MS Outlook users get this send receive error due to several reasons. Users might encounter this problem because of the problems in an email application, improper SMTP settings, Outlook profile configured improperly, wrong server settings and many more. This error also appears due to change in the settings of Control Panel. The PST file corruption, Outlook profile corruption can also be a culprit for this trouble on Outlook application. In this article, we will mention a few and most commonly seen send receive errors in Outlook. Additionally, we will provide some effective techniques that help you to fix the Outlook 2016 send receive error and make the Outlook work fine just like before.
Fundamental Reasons Due to Which Send/Receive Error Outlook Error Occurs:
Here, we are going to discuss some of the common reasons behind this issue. So, get a look below:
- Bad synchronization
- Database error
- Excessive bugs
- Corrupted the Outlook profile
- Incorrect SMTP settings
- PSt file corruption
- Emails are saved over a wrong location
- An outdated version of Windows
- Internet connection is too slow
List of Common Send/Receive Errors on Outlook:
There are some common send and receive error on Outlook. Take a look below to know in details about them:
- “Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy server” (error code 0)
- “The operation timed out while waiting for a response from the receiving server” (error code 8004210A)
- “The operation failed. An object could not be found”
- “None of the authentication methods supported by this client is supported by your server” (error code 0x800CCC80)
- “Outlook data file cannot be accessed” (error code 8004010F)
- Outlook receiving error 0x80042108A
- Microsoft Outlook send receive error 0x800ccc0f
- Outlook send receive error 0x8004060c
- Send or receive error 0x80040600
- Outlook send or receive error 0x8004010f
- MS Outlook send or receive error 0x80040610
Quick Methods to Resolve Outlook 2016 Send Receive Error:
Here are some easy and efficient fixes, using which, you are able to terminate the send/receive error Outlook with ease.
Fix 1: Check the Internet Connection
The first thing is that you need to check the internet connectivity. To do that, open the browser which you are using. Then, go to a website. If the webpage opens at a normal speed, then it is an indication that the connection will be good.
Fix 2: Place the Default Outlook Data Files
After checking the internet connection, you need to place the default Outlook data files. So, go through the steps below:
- First of all, go to the Control Panel section and click on Mail.
- When the Outlook dialog box appears, select Show Profiles.
- After that, check the present Outlook profile and go to the Properties option.
- Now, choose Data Files.
- Then, put a name for your default Outlook email profile.
- Lastly, close the application and check if the issue is still there or not.
Fix 3: Create a New Mail Profile
In this step, creating a new profile on Outlook may solve this problem. Just follow the below guidelines one-by-one:
Step 1: Go to the Mail Setup Window
Firstly, click on Start and find the Run option under it. When a Run dialog will appear, type ‘Control’, then select the OK option. Depending upon the Windows version of your PC, follow any one of the instructions mentioned below:
- If you use Windows XP, then you will get the Category view after executing the above steps. After that, click on the User Accounts option and further select the Mail option. If you don’t get the Category view option, then double-click on the Mail option.
- If you use Windows Vista, click on the User Accounts option and click further on the Mail option. Doing this will open up a dialog box of Mail Setup.
Step 2: Initiate New Mail Profile Wizard
After finishing the above step, go to the New Profile Wizard by pressing Add from the Show Profiles section.
Step 3: Create a Profile
- Go to the Profile Name box and type ‘Test’ there. Then, select the OK option to confirm the name of your new email profile. After that, click on the Manually configure setup for the server check-box. Now, go to the Select Services page and choose ‘Internet Email’. Next, click on Next option and fill the boxes from the dialog box of Internet Email Setup.
- Secondly, check that the Account Type option is set to POP3 or not. It is important to note that you must type the ISP information or email admin details in the dialog box of “Outgoing mail server” (SMTP). Next, click on the Next option to follow the on-screen instructions and complete the account settings. Then, select ‘Finish’. After completing this process, you can create your mail profile successfully.
Fix 4: Make your New Outlook Profile as a Default Profile
Sometimes, Outlook email works perfectly with your new profile. Then, you need to set this account as default. You can transfer all the old emails to your new Outlook profile. To mitigate this error, perform the guidelines cited below:
- First, go the Mail dialog box. Then, open the General tab.
- Click on the ‘Always use this profile’ option which you can find under the General tab.
- After that, you can see a drop-down list. Locate the new profile and click on it.
- Now, select the OK button.
- Follow the ‘Import and Export’ wizard for transferring all old emails of Outlook data files from your old account.
- Now, open your new profile and import the PST file.
- After that, check if you can overcome this issue or not. If not, then don’t panic. Just go through all the other methods provided in this article.
Fix 5: Stop the Large Outgoing Emails & Rectify the Spam Settings
Sometimes, Outlook can be unable to send or receive spam and bulk emails. If you send an oversized attachment, then you can prevent this issue by removing such emails. You can also check the spam settings of your account. Clean such bulks by following the below-mentioned steps one-by-one:
- First of all, open the Outlook app and navigate to the ‘Send/Receive tab’.
- Then, choose the ‘Work Offline’ option.
- Now, open the Outbox and check if there are any emails get stuck or not. If you find such emails, click on it.
- Then, select the Delete option to remove the emails or you can move these emails to Drafts.
- Now, open the ‘Send/Receive’ tab again and de-select the ‘Work Offline’ option.
At last, it’s time to check whether the send/receive error Outlook issue still bothers you or not by trying to resend emails.
Fix 6: Turn Off Windows Firewall Settings
Usually, firewalls and anti-virus programs can create this send/receive error Outlook problem. So, you need to turn off Windows firewall settings and try to send any emails to others. To perform that, go through the below instructions one-by-one.
- Firstly, open the System and click on the Start menu.
- Next, type the firewall in the Run dialog box.
- After that, right-click on the Windows firewall from the Control Panel section.
- Then, open firewalls such as private and public both.
- Set them to disable and click on the ‘Ok’ option.
- Now, click on the start menu again and open the Run box.
- Then, type the ‘cmd’ there.
- Click on the cmd option and choose ‘Run as administrator’.
- Then, hit on the ‘Yes’ option and you will get following commands in the command prompt. Hit the Enter button after entering the command and your firewall is re-enabled now.
- regsvr32 wuapi.dll
- regsvr32 wucltui.dll
- regsvr32 wups.dll
- regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
- regsvr32 wups2.dll
- regsvr32 wuweb.dll
Fix 7: Check and Correct Email Account Settings
Improper email account settings might be a culprit for this annoying issue. So, follow the easy steps below:
- First of all, go to the File option.
- Then, choose ‘Account Settings’.
- After that, click on the ‘Change’ option and select ‘More Settings’.
- Now, go to the Outlook Server tab.
- Next, check the ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ box.
- Click on the ‘Log onto the incoming server before sending mail’ option.
Fix 8: Turn Off Add-ins and Repair Outlook Application
Generally, Outlook add-ins help to enhance the application’s functionality. The add-ins are one of the main cause of the Outlook problem. To turn off the add-ins, you can follow these steps:
- At first, hold and press the Windows key and R button at the same time.
- Now, open the Run dialog box and type ‘Outlook.exe’ there.
- Next, press the Enter key and check the issue once. If it appears again, follow these steps:
- Open Outlook and open the file menu.
- Now, click on the ‘Add-Ins’ option and choose ‘COM Add-ins’.
- After that, click on the ‘Go’ option and eliminate all checkboxes from the given list.
- Next, hit the Ok button and uncheck the boxes.
- Then, restart the Outlook application.
- Lastly, turn off the add-ins at a moment and identify the culprit.
If this doesn’t work for this problem, you need to repair your Outlook installation by applying these steps:
- Open Control Panel and click on the Uninstall Programs option.
- Find Outlook in the list of installed programs.
- Then, click on it and choose Repair.
- Now, follow the instructions in the wizard.
Fix 9: Clear Outbox and Change Server Time-out
The server time-out duration is 1 min by default in Outlook. When you are trying to deliver an email with a huge size attachment, the server timeout will be adequate that sends your emails getting stuck in the mail outbox. Therefore, cleaning outbox and enhancing the timeout duration might help to mitigate this error. To change Outlook server timeout, follow the below steps carefully:
- Firstly, open Outlook and go to the File option.
- Then, choose ‘Account Settings’ and click on the Change option.
- Now, select the ‘More Settings’ option.
- Next, go to the Advanced tab.
- Under the Advanced tab, you can increase the Server timeout.
- At last, check if the send/receive error Outlook is resolved or not. If not, go through the next method.
Fix 10: Recover the Outlook File
In most of the cases, the PST file gets corrupted due to an improper uninstallation. So, it refuses Outlook application from opening, you need the follow the steps to recover the file:
- First of all, open Windows Explorer.
- After that, open the program files and click on the Microsoft Office section.
- Now, type ‘exe’ in the search field.
- Look for the SCANPST.EXE file there. When you find it, double-click on it and browse the location of the PST file.
- Then, click on the Start button to execute the scanning process. If any error occurs in the PST file, the following message will display:
“Errors were found in this file. To repair these errors, click Repair”.
- Then, click on the ‘Repair’ option and install the application with the PST file.
- After finishing this process, check if the issue is solved. If it is not resolved, proceed through the next method.
Fix 11: Open Outlook in Safe Mode
To open Outlook in safe mode, go to the following steps:
- Firstly, go to the Run box by pressing the Windows button and R at the same time.
- Then, type the following command: “Outlook.exe /safe” in the Run dialog box. That’s it.
You can open Outlook in safe mode except getting any objection. You have not got an error message on the Window screen. Basically, Outlook.exe /safe command helps to eliminate the customization from Microsoft Outlook. If your system is working properly after opening in safe mode, then disable add-ins to head over the following steps below.
- At first, click on the ‘File’ tab and hit on the ‘Options’ folder.
- After that, click on the ‘Add-ins’ option and open the ‘Manage: Com-in Add’ folder.
- Check out if there are any add-ins available there.
- Then, clear the check box.
- Now, close Microsoft Outlook and reboot your device.
Hope this article has helped you to fix the send/receive error Outlook problem. However, the above-mentioned methods are provided just for resolving this issue quickly. If you have any further queries regarding this article, then you can put your feedback in the comment section below.