Kodak is without a doubt one of the best printer brands available in the market. From amazing features to top-notch print quality, Kodak has proven themselves the best in every aspect of a printer. Even though Kodak printer is one of the best in their field but it’s not completely flawless. One of the most common problems that users come across with there Kodak printer is, they are getting a blank print page even though the printer is working fine. There can be a few different reasons for your printer printing out blank pages. Without knowing the proper reason for the problem the method of fixing the issue can be a little bit complicated. That’s why we are here today to provide you a complete guide on how to troubleshoot Kodak printer print blank pages issue. So let’s check it out.
Causes for Kodak Printer Printing Blank Pages
As we mentioned above, this error can occur for various reasons. So, before trying to troubleshoot the issue, at first, let’s check the possible reason for the problem.
- You may face the error because you don’t have enough ink in the cartridge which you are using.
- You are using an incorrect paper format on your printing device.
- Due to clogged nozzles of your printer.
- Outdated or corrupted software.
Methods to Resolve Kodak Printer Prints Blank Pages
Now that we have learned about the possible reasons, it’s time to check and fix the issue. If you are able to identify the exact reason for the problem then you can choose the appropriate method to fix the problem. Otherwise, you can try all the below methods one after another to remove the issue from your printer.
Method #1: Replace Ink Cartridge
When you face the Kodak printer printing blank pages issue, the first thing you should check is the toner of your Kodak printer. In 8 out of 10 cases it is found that the issue occurs just because you have run out of ink. If you don’t have sufficient ink in your printer, then it’s not going to print anything or the print will be blurry. So, it’s worth checking the amount of ink in your printer before doing anything else. If you find the printer is low or empty on ink, simply replace it with a new ink cartridge to solve the issue.
Guide to Estimate Ink Level
If you don’t know how to check the ink level, then follow the below guide:
- At first, turn on both your computer and printer and then put a plain colorless paper in the paper tray.
- Now, press the button next to the Setup icon in the control panel and then go to the Tools option and press OK.
- From the new window, simply choose the Estimated Ink Levels tab and press OK to automatically check the ink level.
Method #2: Change the Third-Party Cartridges
If the problem is occurring after installing a third party ink cartridge in your Kodak printer, then it is possible that the new third-party ink cartridges in the main cause of the issue. This is one of the common mistakes made by Kodak printer users. They purchase cheap Ink cartridges to save money but end up buying a cartridge which is not supported by the Kodak printer. That’s why it is always advisable to purchase the same brand’s ink cartridge to avoid any kind of compatibility issue.
Method #3: Use the Right Paper Size
Along with ink issues, there’s also the possibility that you’re going to have problems with the paper in your printer too. If you didn’t find any problem after checking your ink cartridges, then the next thing you should check is your paper, to be exact, the size of the input paper.
Although it might sound a bit ridiculous, one of the most common issues that people have with their printer is that they’re using the wrong paper size. Not only the wrong paper size, but also certain printers will struggle in dealing with different styles of paper as well. You should also check your printer settings to ensure that you have the right paper size selected.
Method #4: Ink Cartridges Alignment
Kodak printer printing blank pages can also occur if you forget to align your ink cartridge. Ink cartridge alignment helps you to enhance the quality of the printing. Without performing an alignment of ink cartridges, you can get blurry to the blank print issue. So if you don’t know how to perform an Ink Cartridges Alignment then follow the steps below:
- At first, load a few sheets of plain paper in the Kodak printer and then turn on your computer.
- Next, select System Preferences and then open the Print & Fax or Print & Scan section.
- Now select your product, and then choose Options & Supplies.
- After that select Utility and click on the Open Printer Utility.
- Here, select Print Head Alignment and then click Next. After that, select Print to print an alignment sheet.
- Now check the printed pattern and follow the instructions on the screen to choose the number representing the best-printed pattern for each set.
- After choosing each pattern number, click Next. But if no patterns are aligned in one or more of the sets, choose the closest one in each set and click Realignment.
- Then, print another alignment sheet and check it (click Skip if you want to skip a particular alignment sheet.)
- After completing the above steps, click on the Finish button to complete the alignment.
Method #5: Clean Printhead
It can also be possible that you are facing the Kodak printer printing blank pages issue due to clogged nozzles. In this case, you have to run a nozzle check to fix this particular error. You can also clean the print heads if necessary. Once done, try to check the status of the printer. This time, hopefully, you will be able to resolve the matter with your device. If you don’t know how to run an automated tool to clean printhead then follow the steps below:
- At first, load plain white paper in the input tray.
- Then, touch the button next to the Setup icon in the lower-left corner of the control panel of the Kodak printer.
- After that use the Right Arrow button to select Tools, and then touch OK.
- Next, use the Right Arrow button to select Clean Printhead, and once again press OK. Once you do that, the printer will start the automatic cleaning process.
After completing the above steps, check the printhead with the help of the test page. If you are still getting the blank print issue then follow the instructions to run a second-level clean. You might need to clean the printhead several times to solve the issue.
Method #6: Blank Page Setting
If you are facing the problem after making a recent change in your printer settings page, then there is a high chance that the issue is occurring due to the misconfiguration. In that case, try to perform the following steps as per the system you are using:
For Windows 8
- At first, turn on your Windows 8 device and then go to the Control Panel.
- Next, click on the Hardware and Sound and then click on Devices and Printers option.
- Once done, right click on the Kodak printer model you are using and choose Printing Preferences.
- Next, click on the Maintenance tab followed by the Extended Settings button. In this settings area, make sure the box is unchecked against Skip Blank Page checkbox.
After that click on OK to save the changes.
For Windows 7
- First of all, turn on your Windows 7 computer and then click on the Windows button.
- Now, choose the Devices and printers option and then right click on the printer which you are using.
- After that, select the Printing Preferences option and then click on the maintenance tab
- Now, select the Extended Settings option to invoke in the settings area and then Skip the Blank Page setting.
- Next tap on Ok to continue and save the changes.
- At first, open the Apple menu from your mac device and then choose the System Preferences.
- Next, choose the Print & Scan or Print & Fax(depend on the Mac version) from the System Preferences.
- Now, choose your Kodak printer and then click on the Options & Supplies.
- After that, choose the Driver options and then select the Skip Blank Page as On.
- Once it’s done, simply click on the Ok button to save the changes.
Method #7: Adjust Printer Driver
If none of the above methods works for you than your last option will be to adjust the driver of your printer. It is one of the most effective ways to resolve the Kodak printer printing blank pages issue. If you don’t know how to adjust the printer driver, then you can follow the steps as given below:
Before starting the main process, place a document with text or image in the Automatic Documents feeder or on the flatbed (depending on the Kodak printer model). If the printer is able to successfully make a copy, then the problem probably lies in the settings of your drivers. So you can proceed with the fixing method as provided below.
But in case you are still getting a blank print, then it indicates that the problem is occurring because of faulty hardware and not the software. In that case, the below method will not be applicable.
- At first, turn on your Windows device and then open the Start Menu.
- Now, locate and open the Control Panel, and after that, click View devices and printers option under the Hardware and Sound setting.
- Next, select your Kodak printer, right click on it and select the Properties option.
- Now, from the new window, select the Advanced tab and after that click on the Print Processor.
- From the Print Processor window, open the WINPRINT and make sure RAW is selected under the default data type. Once you confirm it, press OK.
- After that, go back to the Advanced tab to uncheck Keep printed document and after that press the Apply button to save the changes.
- Next, after completing the above changes in the Advanced tab, open the General Tab and click Print Test Page.
If the document prints correctly, then it’s mean your problem is resolved. Otherwise, you have to reinstall the printer software and driver to resolve the issue.
- Turn on your Mac device and then open the Apple Menu or the Dock (Depend on the Mac version) to select System Preferences.
- Now, under Hardware, click the Printer & Scanners icon and then highlight the Kodak printer driver you want to delete and then click the Minus button located below the printers section on the left bottom side. After that, click OK or Delete Printer to confirm your action. Repeat the same steps to delete multiple drivers one after another.
- Next, select the Plus sign from the lower left corner of the window and click the Add Printer or Scanner option to get the complete list of printers available.
- After that, select the Kodak printer name to reinstall its software.
- Once it’s done, click the Use box and then select the name of your printer from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on the Add option to include the printer to the queue. After that, if you are prompted to install any additional software for your printer, then click on Install option and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Wrapping it Up
Hopefully, using these hacks and tricks, you will be able to resolve the Kodak printer printing blank pages on your own. If we have overlooked any easy and effective method of Kodak printer prints blank pages, then please let us know. We will try to include it in our article as soon as possible. We tried our best to make the whole article as simple as possible. Also, if you are facing the same problem after following our methods, then we will highly recommend you to connect with an experienced professional for better guidance.