iPhone X is one of the prominent devices, launched by tech-giant Apple. The smartphone device comes with advanced technologies and marvelous features. But despite all, the iPhone X sometimes gripped in with some type of glitches and bugs, which is very common enough. Among all, one such error is iPhone X touchscreen not working. This issue mainly arises due to software glitches and bugs. Sometimes this issue also arises because of an irregular update of iOS version. Another suspect of this issue might be physical damage to your iPhone which results in the iPhone X touchscreen goes unresponsive.
So, if you are proceeding through this issue, and don’t know what to do and how to fix this glitch, then this article will surely help you out with the best solutions. In this article, we will explore all the possible causes and effective solutions to eliminate this issue as soon as possible.
Probable Causes for iPhone X Touchscreen not working:
There is a list of causes for which your iPhone X touchscreen goes unresponsive and sometimes even stops working. One of the major cause of this issue is due to the outdated software version. Sometimes, an inferior application also let the touchscreen to stop working. Another suspect of this error is due to physical damage to the screen which results in touchscreen stops working. However, you can easily fix this problem by performing some of the methods which we have elaborated in the next section.
Effective Methods to Know How to Fix iPhone X Touch screen not working issue:
Here is some list of methods we have prepared to get rid of the iPhone X touchscreen not working issue. You can try any one of these methods or all the methods to accomplish the task.
Method 1: Reboot the Device
If your iPhone X touchscreen goes unresponsive and is not working, then the first method you must attempt is rebooting the device forcefully. These are some of the steps to do so.
- Press and hold down both the Volume up key and the Home button for a couple of seconds and release it.
- Now, again hold down the lock button or the Power slider for a few seconds until you observe the Apple logo appears on your screen.
- At last, release both the buttons once the Apple logo appears and this will let the device boot up as usual.
Once the device starts to boot, your iPhone X’s touchscreen will start working again just like the previous state. In case, the issue still continues, try another method below.
Method 2: Update the iOS version on your iPhone X
It is mentioned above that due to working on an outdated iOS version, this iPhone X touchscreen not working issue might arise. Therefore, you must be updated with the iOS version on your device to avoid such type of bugs. Following are some of the hacks to do so.
- Before you are going to apply this method, be sure that you have created a back up of all your files to retrieve it back after the update.
- Now, open the Settings on your iPhone and navigate to the General tab from the list appear.
- Now, tap on the Software Update option from the menu and check if any iOS software update is available.
- Once you detect the latest version of the software, tap on Download and then install it manually as usual.
Once you are completed with the iOS update, restart your device and check whether the issue is resolved or not. If the problem still persists, try the further procedure mentioned below.
Method 3: Uninstall the faulty Apps permanently
In most of the cases, the touchscreen fails to react due to a corrupted or poor application. Therefore, you need to eliminate all those applications to halt this annoying issue from your device. Below we have provided the hacks to do so.
- Locate the Home Screen on your iPhone which contains the list of applications.
- Find out the faulty app and tap and hold the app for at least 2-3 seconds until the icon waves.
- Now, you can see an ”X” mark over all the applications. Tap on all those faulty applications one-by-one that you wish to uninstall.
- Tap on Delete to proceed, once a confirmation dialog box appears on your screen.
Once you are done with the uninstallation process for all those faulty apps, simply press the Home button to save the changes. Restart your iPhone and check whether the touchscreen is working all good.
We have mentioned all the possible hacks to overcome this issue. You can try one of these solutions or all the solutions until you eliminate this iPhone X touch screen not working issue. Hope this article was beneficial enough to guide you on how to fix iPhone x touch screen not working. In case, the issue persists and you are unable to resolve the issue, then there might be some hardware issues or other technical glitches. In that case, better you can take an expert’s guidance for resolving this issue permanently.