Gmail is one of the leading and famous email service providers that provide free email services. No software is flawless, and Gmail is certainly no such exception. But, it is really annoying for the users when they face trouble while syncing Gmail. Nowadays, users often complain about Gmail not syncing error frequently. This error creates a problem when users send or receive emails. They are unable to sync their emails in the Gmail app. When it happens the Windows prompts the notification ‘sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly’.
By any chance, if you are facing the same Gmail error, then solving it is quite necessary. We are here to help you. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss some easy methods in brief to mitigate this error. You need to follow this guide, and it will surely help you to get rid out of this issue as soon as possible.
Hazards Faced when Gmail Waiting for Sync
Most of the users report that they confront several problems when this Gmail not syncing issue strikes in their device. So, let’s take a glimpse at the problems which you can face for this error.
- You can’t receive any new messages.
- The system might hang while trying to send any emails.
- Gmail App becomes slow and sluggish.
- Unable to open or read any email.
- ‘Account not synced’ might pop up on the screen when you encounter this error.
Major Causes of Gmail Not Syncing Issue
In case of the Gmail app won’t sync error, there are many ways due to which you can encounter this troublesome issue. And as such, it can be quite problematic for you, getting in the way of your work.
In this section, we are going to provide the most possible reasons for this error. So, let’s take a glance below:
- Gmail cache.
- Outdated version of the Gmail app.
- Google isn’t able to insert the automatic date and time.
- Some issue with the Gmail application.
Simple Methods to Combat Gmail not Syncing Issue
Here, we are presenting some simple methods that will help you to resolve the problem if you confront this issue in the Gmail app. We are assuring you that you will be able to get rid of this synchronizing complication with the help of a few clicks. So, perform the given methods accurately and fix this problem with ease:
Method 1: Clear the Cache and Cookies
Clearing the cache, cookies, and data of the Gmail app can mitigate this Gmail not syncing issue. To perform this method, you need to follow the instructions cited below:
- First of all, locate the gear-shaped Settings option on the Gmail window.
- Then, select the Apps option.
- Now, you have to make sure that the ‘All apps’ option is selected.
- Now, you can see a list of all the installed apps. Navigate to the Gmail app.
- Click on the Gmail option, and then select the ‘Storage’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Clear data’ button. Now, you wait for some seconds to finish the process successfully.
- After that, click on the ‘Clear cache’ option.
- If the Gmail not syncing problems are not restricted to Gmail, then you have to repeat the above steps again with another Google application.
- After completing all the steps, just open the Gmail app and check whether Gmail is able to sync now or not.
Method 2: Perform a Manual Syncing
This is the easiest process to eradicate this error. Many users report that this method helps you out from this error. For its huge success rate, it’s worth trying.
But, there is also a disadvantage of this method and therefore it has been considered as a temporary solution at times. That means, it will return all the stuff linked back to the Gmail account up to date, but this solution won’t make it complete in the future. To do so, perform the below mentioned easy guidelines:
- At first, go to the upper right side of the Gmail window by moving the cursor, and then navigate to the gear-shaped Setting icon.
- Now, you will find a list and locate the Accounts option.
- After that, find the ‘Google entry’ option and click on it.
- You have to make sure that all the entries are on.
- Now, it’s time to click on the ‘Sync Now’ option.
- You can be able to find the ‘Sync Now’ button at the bottom side of the screen. Sometimes, you can find this button in the top right corner of the screen of your device.
- You have to remember if you are using multiple accounts, then you need to repeat the above steps for each account.
Method 3: Reinstall the Gmail App
If the Gmail waiting for sync, then the Gmail app might be the major cause behind this trouble. In such a case, you need to reinstall the Gmail app to get rid out of this error. To reinstall the Gmail app, you need to follow these steps instructed below:
- At first, you have to delete the Gmail app. To do so, go to Settings, and then click on the Apps option.
- Now, locate the Gmail app from the list.
- Then, select the Uninstall button.’
- Now, it’s time to reinstall the app.
- So, open the play store of your Android device, and then search for the Gmail app.
- Tap on the install button to install the app.
- It will take some time to complete.
- After installing the app, log in your Gmail account, and then check if this issue still persists or not.
Method 4: Update the Gmail App
If the Gmail app is incompatible with the Android version, then this problem might arise. So, you can overcome this issue by updating the Gmail app. To perform the same, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, click on the Settings option.
- Choose the ‘Software Updates’ option from the list.
- Go to the ‘About’ or ‘About Device tab’ option.
- Here, you can find the Update option. Click on it.
- Click on the ‘Check for Updates’ option and see if any new update of the Gmail is available there.
- If you find any new version, then click on the option ‘Install’ and wait for a few time until it reboots the system.
- Now, you need to check if the Gmail is started to syncing normally or not.
Method 5: Enable the Automatic Date and Time Feature
In some cases, Gmail not syncing issue strikes if you disable the automatic date and time. If you insert the date, time or the time zone manually, then there is a possibility that this problem might occur. Hence, to re-enable this, you need to perform the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, open the Settings of the Gmail app.
- Then, you need to check the ‘Date and Time’ option. You can find this option under the System tab.
- If you can’t locate it, then you need to find it by going to the ‘Advanced Settings entry’.
- Now, click on the ‘Date and Time’ option.
- Now, enable the ‘Automatic date & time’, as well as, the Automatic time zone.
- After setting this option, perform manual sync which we have mentioned earlier.
- Now, check if this method resolves the issue or not.
This article gives you a brief idea about the Gmail not syncing error. Hope, the above solutions will help you to fix this error. If you have any queries regarding this error, then you can leave it in the comment section below.