At times, the Bitdefender scanner shows a common error message due to the system shutdown. The error denotes the presence of a Threat Scanner in the form of a .dmp file in the temp folder. In this case, the system automatically restarts after a few seconds. Thus, you might have to reinstall this antivirus. Nevertheless, many users are unknown to this issue. Therefore, we have provided some effective hacks to resolve Bitdefender Threat Scanner error. But before that, look at the symptoms and causes of Bitdefender error thoroughly. Then, go through the effective tricks to get rid of this error.
Signs of the Bitdefender Threat Scanner Error
While the system is turned off, you may get an error message like:
‘A problem has occurred in Bitdefender Threat Scanner. A file containing error information has been……investigation of the error.’
- It comes and interrupts the active program window. Also, the device crashes with the error 1017 notification during running a program.
- Windows responds late to the keyboard or a mouse. Even, it freezes for a few minutes at a moment.
Probable Reasons behind the Bitdefender Threat Scanner Error
Corrupted files are the main reason for this error. Sometimes you resolve the error by replacing the Spybot’s corrupted file. In other cases, the reasons are:
- It might come due to a corrupt download or incomplete installation of Antivirus software.
- The Windows registry errors from recent changes in the system can lead to these alert messages.
- Virus or malware attack that has corrupted Windows system files or Bitdefender Antivirus-related program files.
- Firewall protection maliciously or mistakenly deleted Bitdefender Antivirus-related files.
Know How to Get Rid of Bitdefender Threat Scanner Popup with the Most Reliable Tricks
Now, you know what is Bitdefender Threat Scanner, there are some effective tricks. Let’s have a look below.
Method 1: Clean Out the System Junk with Disk Cleanup
Over time, your computer stores lots of junk files from usage. To clean them up:
- First of all, tap on the start menu and type ‘command’ in the search box.
- Then, tap and hold Ctrl and Shift at the same time and press the Enter key.
- After that, press ‘Yes’ option.
- In the black box, write ‘cleanmgr’ and hit the Enter key to start calculating how much space you can recover.
- Lastly, check out the boxes which you need to clean and press ‘OK’.
Method 2: Utilize Windows System Restore to Undo Recent Changes
Windows System Restore process allows you to return back in time. To use System Restore:
- Navigate to the Start button fast.
- In the search box, write ‘System Restore’ and press the Enter button.
- Then, if prompted, provide the administrator passwords.
- After that, go to the given steps in the Wizard to select a restore point.
- Last, restore your system to finish the task.
Method 3: Uninstall and Reinstall the Bitdefender Antivirus Program
Moreover, uninstalling and then reinstalling the Bitdefender antivirus program is another solution to the error. So, don’t skip it. Just follow it:
- First of all, open Programs and Features from Control Panel.
- Locate Bitdefender antivirus error associated programs from the given list of Currently Installed Programs.
- Next, go to the Bitdefender antivirus-associated entry option by clicking on it.
- Additionally, hit on the Remove icon on the right side.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen direction to finish the installation entirely.
Method 4: Fix Spybot’s Corrupted Files
As mentioned earlier, this error arises because of Spybot’s corrupted file. To fix it, just follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the Start menu and open File Explorer.
- Now, write down ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2’ in the address bar.
- Then, look for a file named SDAV.dll and if you can not find this file, download the missing file from the web page.
- After downloading the file, locate the Spybot-Search & Destroy 2 folder. Right-click on it and select Copy.
- Again open the downloaded folder and paste the SDAV.dll file there.
- In case, if the file is already there, check the file’s size. To do that, click on it and choose the ‘Properties’ section.
- If the size is not 32KB, then you need to replace it as soon as possible. To replace it, download the file again and paste the new file. To paste it, tap on the ‘Press’ option and select ‘Replace the file in the destination’.
Once you substitute the damaged file successfully, the Bitdefender Threat Scanner message won’t arise.
Method 5: Clear the Temp Folder
The pop-up notifies that this error message is related to the temp folder. However, when you try to open this file, it fails to load. So, the first adjective is to clear the temp folder. To do so, follow the given steps:
- First of all, press and hold the Windows key and R both.
- Now, type ‘tmep’ in the run box and open it.
- Then, press the Ok button.
- After that, select all entries of the Temp folder and hit the Delete key.
- Next, open the run box again and write down ‘%temp%’ there.
- Then, hit the Enter key to execute it and select the items of the folder.
- Now, hit the Delete option. When you clear the entries, reboot your system. Then, check if this issue still persists or not.
Method 6: Run Windows System File Checker
System File Checker (SFC) is an application in Microsoft Windows that can detect and repair system files.
- From your keyboard, press ‘Windows key + X’.
- Then, go to the ‘Command Prompt’ by taping on it and choose ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Write ‘sfc/scannow’ and tap Enter.
- Restart your computer.
- If SFC can’t detect the problem, then go to Safe Mode and run the system file checker again.
Method 7: Run the Patch
If you use the upgraded version of Bitdefender software, you might face this Bitdefender Threat Scanner error message on windows 10. So, you have to run the patch of your system. First of all, you have figure out the architecture of the version of Windows 10. When you have done the first step, the objective is to try to run the patch.
We hope that this article helped you to handle Bitdefender Threat Scanner error. In case you face any issue, try the solutions after some time. Also, share your feedback.