In case, you have some serious problems with your HP laptop, then you can rely on the factory reset. It is a quick and easy process. However, very few people know the proper way to factory restores their HP laptop. If you are one of them and want to know how to factory reset an HP laptop, then you are just being in the right place. Keep reading the practical methods which will surely make your task easier.
The requirement for Factory Reset
When it comes to the factory reset, there are some points that you should keep in mind. Factory reset is also known as master reset and it deletes all the user data. The factory reset process is generally done to fix many troubles. If your HP laptop has some problems with the performance, for example, your HP laptop is running slowly, then you can take help from the factory reset.
In case, your device is affected by a virus, then with the help of the factory reset you can easily do it.
How to Factory Reset an HP Laptop: Amazing Strategies
If you want to factory reset HP laptop Windows 10, then go through the rest of the content. Here, we have provided some effective methods for you and with the help of those methods, you can quickly understand how to factory reset an HP laptop.
Method 1- Use the Windows Settings
If you want to know how to factory reset an HP laptop, then with the help of the Windows Settings, you can easily do it on your own. Well, this is not a challenging task, what you need is to follow a proper strategy. Here are the steps that you should follow to apply this method on your HP laptop.
- In the beginning, you need to press the Windows + S keys on the keyboard
- Then, you have to type ‘reset this PC’ in the search field and hit the Enter button. Alternatively, you can navigate to the right pane, then choose the Get Started option.
- Now, you get two options, either you can keep your files or you can remove all the files. So, if you choose to keep your files option, then you should click on the keep my files option.
- After that, you should click on the Next option, and after that tap on the Reset button. Now, the Operating System will be reinstalled and your HP laptop will be restarted.
- In case, you choose the Remove Everything option, then again your HP laptop gives you two options: you can only remove the Windows 10 Operating System or you can only remove important files and customized settings. So, choose the one you prefer, and then click on the Reset option.
Method 2- Use the Windows Recovery Environment
If you are not comfortable with the above method and still want to know how to factory reset an HP laptop, then you can use the Windows Recovery Environment to factory reset your HP laptop. Therefore, if you want to apply this method on your HP laptop, then you should go through the steps which are given below.
At first, you have to turn Off your HP laptop. Then, what you need to do is to simply disconnect all the external devices, for example printer, USB driver from your HP laptop.
Next, you have to remove all the internal hardware, that you have recently added. Then, again you should press the Power button to switch On your HP laptop. Once, the unit starts booting, then you should immediately press the F11 key.
You have to continuously press the F11 button until you see ‘Choose the Options’ screen. Next, you have to click on the Troubleshoot option. After that tap on the ‘Reset this PC’ option. Now, again you can see two choices is there: either you can choose the ‘Keep my files’ option or you can go for the ‘remove everything’ option.
You have to click on the Keep My Files option when you want to keep your data. And, once you click on the Reset option, then the Operating System will be reinstalled automatically. This procedure might take a few minutes.
In case, you want to remove all your personal files, then you have to click on the Choose Remove Everything option. Like the previous method, if you only remove the Operating System, then click on the Windows option. After that, click on the Reset button. Wait sometimes, till the completion of the procedure, after that, you are done with the process.
Now, we believe if you want to know how to factory reset an HP laptop, then you get your answer here. However, this is a complicated procedure and if you think that you are unable to apply those above two methods on your own, then do not waste your valuable time and seek help from a technical expert.