If you are an Apple iDevice user, then you need to go through some security verifications. If you are accessing your iPhone with a computer for the first time, then you have to go through the trust settings computer application. This will help you to sync your device with a computer. At the time of connecting your iDevice with a computer, a prompt message will appear on your screen asking “trust this computer?”. This will help you to expose all the phones data on your computer. This permission message appears on your screen each time when you connect your iPhone via any USB connection.
By selecting the Trust button you will give permission to access your files. But, sometimes you may also need to untrust the action. If you want to reset the trust or untrust settings on your iOS device, then you need to adjust the privacy settings on the iPhone. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to change the trust settings in your iOS device.
Steps to Change Trust Settings on iPhone
Here, we are going to discuss how to change trust settings on iPhone. Go through the steps which are mentioned below to know the details.
How to Trust Computer with an iPhone?
Here, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to trust a computer with an iPhone. Go through it.
- At first, you will need to connect your iPhone with a USB port.
- Then, unlock your iPhone device. To trust any computer you must unlock the screen of the iPhone.
- Thereafter, a pop up will appear on your screen. Tap to the Trust option from the pop-up.
- If the notification did not appear, then this means you have already trusted your computer with the iPhone before.
- If you didn’t trust your computer with your iPhone before, then you need to reset the Trust settings on your iOS device.
- Next, tap to the Continue button to progress with it. This will help you to open iTunes in your computer.
How to Untrust a Computer?
If you want to Untrust a computer, then you need to know the steps to do it. If you want to Untrust your computer, then follows the steps which are mentioned below.
- At first, open the Settings option from your home screen.
- Then, go to the General option and tap to the Reset option on the bottom of your device screen.
- Thereafter, a list will appear on your screen. Select the Reset Location and Privacy option from there.
- After that, you need to enter the password of your Apple device. Then, tap the Reset Settings option to confirm it. This will help you to keep all your data safely.
- Once you are done with all the steps which are mentioned above, now, the trusted computer will be untrusted.
How to Reset the Trust Settings?
If you want to reset the Trust Settings on your iDevice, then do as directed.
- First, connect your iPhone with the device you want to Trust or Untrust your iPhone with.
- Then, enter the provided password of your device.
- After that, if you want to Trust a computer then tap to the Trust option. Otherwise, if you want to untrust the connected device then tap to the Don’t Trust option.
- After that, touch the Continue button to proceed with it.
Procedure to Trust a Computer after Untrusting it on your iPhone
Sometimes, it may happen that you accidentally Untrust a computer from your iPhone. Or it may happen that you want to trust a computer that you have untrusted before. If you want to Trust any computer that you have Untrusted before, then the undergoing steps will help you to do so.
- At first, go to the Settings option.
- Then, tap to the General option and select the Reset option.
- Thereafter, select the Reset All Settings option. After that, your iPhone will be Restarted.
- Next, connect your iPhone with the computer that you want to Trust. Then launch the iTunes in your device.
- While opening the iTunes, it will ask you to allow the computer to access all the information in the iPhone.
- Now, click on the Continue button. Then, iTunes will help you to recognize your iPhone within a moment.
- After that, you will need to disconnect your computer and reconnect it with your iPhone. Then, tap to the Trust option.
How to Trust the Enterprise application on your iPhone?
If you want to install any legitimate application, then you must Trust it before using the application. Here, are the steps that can help you to do so.
- At first, you need to open the Settings option from your iPhone.
- Then, tap the General option.
- After that, select the Profile option.
- Thereafter, select the name of the distributor that you can find under the Enterprise App section.
- Now, go to the Trust option.
- Next, tap Confirm to do with it.