The “Sim not provisioned MM#2” error can come up on your phone if the SIM card inserted in it cannot be determined mainly. Usually, when this issue crops up on your screen, then you can only call on all the emergency numbers.
There are many reasons as to why you can encounter this issue. Some of those causes are that if there is some kind of internal glitch in the phone, then you can face this problem. Even if the SIM card is not active, then you can face this error.
Further, if the SIM card is not correctly inserted into the device, then there is a possibility to meet with this glitch, etc.
Methods to Fix the “Sim Not Provisioned MM#2” Issue
This section of the article provides various types of methods that will help you to simply eradicate this issue:
Steps to Correctly Insert SIM Card on Your Phone
Sometimes, you can face the “SIM not provisioned MM#2” error message, if the insertion of the SIM card is not properly done.
Now, in order to input the SIM card in the correct way, all you have to do is to snugly insert the card into its slot.
To do that in an efficient way, follow the steps that are present underneath:
- First, press the ‘Power’ button of the device for a few seconds, then from the screen choose ‘Power Off’ option. This action will shut down the phone.
- After that, locate the SIM card holder present at the side of the phone. Then, take a pin and insert that within a small puncture, to eject the holder of the SIM card.
- Now, pull the holder out of the device body and then, remove the SIM card itself.
- Next, clean the holder with a lint-free cloth and remove the dust from it. Now, wait for a few minutes or so.
- After that, carefully place the SIM card on the holder and then, push the tray into the phone.
- Finally, tap and hold on the ‘Power’ button of the phone to start it. Then, check whether this issue comes up or not.
Reboot the Smartphone
If there is some kind of internal glitch within the smartphone, then also there is a chance for you to face this problem. Therefore, the feasible solution to resolve this problem is to simply reboot the device. For that to happen, follow the lines that are presented below:
- First, tap and hold on the ‘Power’ button of the phone to launch a popup menu.
- Next, from that menu, choose the ‘Reboot’ option, to restart the phone.
- Now, give some time for the restart process to complete so that the phone boots up.
- After that, inspect to see if the SIM card works perfectly or not.
Enable the SIM Card
When a new SIM card gets inserted on the phone, then it does not get active as soon as you put into the device. The SIM card will be enabled after at least twenty-four hours.
But, even after 24 hours get over and still there is no service available, then the “SIM card not provisioned mm#2” error message can come up.
The best way to solve this problem is to perform the following:
- First, try to call on some numbers.
- After that, attempt to send a text message to someone.
- You can even call the service provider and talk with their experts.
If you use any steps out of the three, then you can easily solve this glitch in an instant, otherwise, go to the next method.
Take Another New SIM Card
If not a single method within this section can solve this issue, then as a last resort all you can do is to take a new SIM card from your service provider. For that to happen, follow the sentences underneath:
- First, take out the old SIM card from the holder from the phone.
- Then, go to the service provider store and then take a new SIM card for the same phone number.
You can solve the “SIM not provisioned mm#2” error if you follow all the steps on the last section of this article. But, even after following every method on the previous section, still, you are unable to mitigate this issue. Then, do not worry a little bit.
Just give the details of the problems that you are encountering on the comment section beneath this article.