Malwarebytes is a very popular security application available in the market, as it helps to remove any malware and other malicious files from the machine. You can get this software as a free and premium version.
But most of the people use this premium version of this application due to its variety of different features and services. Despite having so many features and services, you can still encounter some technical glitches while using this antivirus software.
One such glitch about which we have discussed in this article is that the Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn on. When this error appears on the screen, then you need to disable this Web Protection feature immediately. There are multiple reasons for the occurrence of this issue.
Most common causes of this issue are that if there are some corrupt files within the installation folder or if the Malwarebytes application is not up to date, then there is a chance for you to encounter this problem. Further, if the MBAM Web Protection driver is not updated, then also you can meet with this issue. Moreover, if the MBAM service gets corrupted somehow, then this issue can crop up.
Proven Solutions to Fix the Malwarebytes Web Protection Won’t Turn On Issue Easily:
In this section, you will get steps that will help you to eradicate the Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn on issue in a very easy and efficient manner.
Procedure to Update the Malwarebytes Application
If the Malwarebytes security software is outdated, then you can encounter this issue. Thus, to rectify this problem, you need to perform an update of the security software to its recent version. For that, follow the steps given underneath.
- First, on the desktop, locate and then double-click on the Malwarebytes application icon to launch it.
- Next, inside the software’s window, find and then tap on the ‘Settings’ option on the left panel. At this moment, a new page will appear within the window with a name ‘Settings’.
- Now, within the new page, choose the ‘Applications’ tab. Then, under that tab, go to the ‘Application Updates’ section.
- Inside that section, choose the ‘Install Application Updates’ option.
- At this moment, either you can see a message, which says that there are no updates available or another message, that tells ‘Progress: Updates successfully downloaded’. If you get the second message, then tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- After that, when you get a prompt, then choose the ‘Yes’ button, in order to install the recent update packages.
To complete the installation process of the updates, follow the information that comes up on the window. Finally, once the new version is installed, then examine whether you are still encountering this issue or not.
Start the MBAM Service Once Again
When the MBAM service starts to malfunction due to some kind of corrupt files within it, then there is a possibility for you to face this glitch. The feasible solution to resolve this problem is to restart the MBAM service once again.
To do this in the correct way, all you have to do is to follow the steps present beneath.
- First, press the three following keys “Ctrl + Shift + Delete” simultaneously to open a new screen with a blue background and five options.
- Out of those options, choose the one that says ‘Task Manager’. This will open a new window with the same name as the option that you chose on the last step.
- Next, within the ‘Task Manager’ window, go to the bottom. Then, choose the ‘More details’ drop-down menu to increase the window. Now, choose the ‘Processes’ tab to see all the processes of the applications that run on the system on a list.
- Under this tab, from the list, choose the ‘MBABService.exe’ process and then right-click on it. After that, from the popup menu, select the ‘End task’ option.
- Next, when you see a message box with the warning, then click on the ‘Yes’ button. This action will instantly terminate the chosen process.
- Repeat the fourth and fifth steps of this method for the same type of processes and accordingly stop them.
- Once the termination procedure is complete, then go to the Menu bar of the ‘Task Manager’ window. Then, tap on the ‘File’ menu to reveal the drop-down list.
- Now, from that list, choose the ‘Run new task’ option. As soon as you do this, then a new ‘Create new task’ dialog box will appear. In it, type the ‘MBABService.exe’ name and tap on the ‘OK’ button to start this process once again.
- Finally, exit from the ‘Task Manager’ window, then restart the computer and see if this issue comes back or not.
Procedure to Remove the MBAB Web Protection Driver
If after restarting the MBAB process, you still are unable to get rid of the Malwarebytes premium web protection won’t turn on issue, then the only solution is to delete the driver of the process. Follow the lines below to do that.
- From the ‘System Tray’ present on the right of the Taskbar, locate the ‘Malwarebytes’ icon. After that, right-click on that icon and then, from the popup menu that appears, select the ‘Quit Malwarebytes’ option.
- Next, go to the left of the Taskbar and then, tap on the ‘Cortana’ logo to open the ‘Search’ space. Within that space, write the text “command prompt”. Then, from the result of that search, locate and right-click on the ‘Command Prompt’ option.
- Now, from the Menu that comes up, select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option. As soon as you click on the option mentioned in the previous line, then a new window with a black background and white text with a name ‘Command Prompt’ will appear.
- Inside that window, type the following command – “sc delete mbamwebprotection” and then, press the ‘Enter’ key to run it. Wait for few minutes until the execution of this command gets over.
- Once the execution gets over, then reboot the computer. After the machine boots up again, then repeat the procedure of step one and restart the Malwarebytes program.
- Lastly, within the ‘Malwarebytes’ application window, select the ‘Protection’ tab under the ‘Settings’ option. Under that tab, navigate to the ‘Real-Time Protection’ section and then toggle the ‘ON’ switch to enable the ‘Web Protection’ feature.
Perform a Clean Installation of the Malwarebytes Application
After trying each method present in this section, if you cannot turn on the Web Protection feature of the Malwarebytes software, then perform a clean reinstallation process of this application.
To successfully perform this method, you can follow the instructions that are presented beneath this paragraph.
- First, tap on the combination of both keys ‘Windows + R’ together to launch the ‘Run’ dialog box. Next, within that dialog box, type the text “regedit.msc” on the empty space, besides the ‘Open:’ label. After that, tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- At this moment, a new window ‘Registry Editor’ will open.
- Inside that window to get the ID and key, go to the left panel and tap on the ‘+’ button before each of the following folders respectively – ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE’, ‘Software’, ‘Wow6432Node’, ‘Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware’.
- After the selection of the last folder, you will get the ID and key on the right panel of this window. Take note of the ID and key that you have got.
- Now, open the ‘Malwarebytes’ application from the desktop. Then, choose the ‘My Account’ option and then, press the ‘Deactivate’ button. Next, locate and then launch the ‘Settings’ page within the software window.
- After that, inside the ‘Settings’ page, choose the ‘Advanced Settings’ option. Next, under that option, remove the checkmark present on the ‘Enable self-protection module’ option.
Further Continuation of the Steps:
- At this moment, close the Application window. Open a web browser and then visit the official ‘Malwarebytes’ website and download the ‘mbam-clean.exe’ file.
- Once the download process is completed, then locate the file and double-click on it to execute it. When the Uninstaller window comes up, then follow the information that shows up and accordingly tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button to remove the ‘Malwarebytes’ application from the computer.
- When removal procedure is complete, then if you see a prompt that asks to ‘Reboot’ the computer comes up. Thus, immediately you need to click on that button to start the PC once again.
- Once the computer starts up, then launch the browser and go to the ‘Malwarebytes’ website again. Download the recent version of ‘Malwarebytes’ application setup file and install the same on the computer.
- You will now get a prompt, which remove the tick mark from the ‘Trial’ version option
- As soon as you launch the ‘Malwarebytes’ software, then tap on the ‘Activation’ button. In the area under the ‘Enter your license details’ label, input the ID and key taken from the registry into the respective fields and tap on the ‘Activate’ button.
- At last, the license of the ‘Malwarebytes’ application will be active and you can use it normally.
To fix the Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn on 2018 problem, follow all the methods that are provided on the previous section. Despite following all the steps that are in the last section of this article, still, if you are unable to eradicate this issue, then do not panic at all.
Just provide all the details of the queries that you are facing on the comment section presented at the bottom of this article.