A mouse is an important component, used to navigate the pointer all through the screen to perform a task. Nowadays, most of the users are using the Logitech wireless mouse. So, if you are facing the Logitech wireless mouse not working issue, then you can read this article thoroughly. In this article, you might get important information regarding the mouse not working issue along with the complete methods to fix it.
What Causes Logitech Wireless Mouse Not Working Issue?
There are several factors which are responsible for the Logitech wireless mouse not working error, and they are as follows:
- No charge is remaining on the mouse battery
- Logitech mouse driver is not installed properly
- USB port driver issue
- Inappropriate mouse surface
How to Fix Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Not Working Matter?
To solve the Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard not working problem, you need to perform the tasks as explained below. After trying each of the methods check if the issue gets resolved or not. If you are lucky, then after trying a few of the methods the problem might get resolved. It is advised to try the methods one by one that is arranged below.
Method 1: Install the Receiver of the Wireless Mouse/ Keyboard in an Another Port
A few of the times the main factor responsible for Logitech wireless mouse not working issue is the problem with the USB port. So, if you are stuck with the error for the first, then the first thing which you need to do is, try to insert the receiver of the mouse into a different port of your device. Hopefully, by doing this task the problem might get resolved. If the problem gets resolved, it means that the problem is arising due to an issue with the USB port.
Method 2: Replace the Batteries of your Device (Mouse/ Keyboard)
If the battery of your device does not hold the efficient amount of charge, then it will result in the Logitech wireless mouse/ keyboard not working problem. If this is the case, then to fix the matter you need to replace the batteries of the device with a new one. In case after changing the battery, if the problem gets sorted, then throw the pre-installed battery and use your mouse or keyboard.
Note: Use the genuine battery to get a long term usage.
Method 3: Try the Mouse on a Different Surface
Surface selection is one of the main factors to get the mouse working normally. So, if you are using a surface which is not suitable for the mouse to use, in that case, such an error arises. So, try your mouse in a chosen surface. For example: Use the mouse on a mouse pad, which you can easily get in the market both in the online and offline mode.
Method 4: Uninstall the Logitech Wireless Mouse/Keyboard Driver and Restart your PC
After trying the above-explained methods, if still, the Logitech wireless mouse not working error exists, then, try the steps as explained below. Many of the users of this method get an effective result in solving the problem.
For Wireless Mouse Ineffective Work
To fix the Logitech wireless mouse not working problem, try the below steps.
- At first, open the Run bar window by pressing the Windows button along with the letter R.
- Then, on the Run bar type devmgmt.msc.
- After that, press down the Enter button to select the OK option.
- Now, as the Device Manager window appears, search the Mice and other pointing devices option under it.
- Next, double-click on Mice and other pointing devices.
- Then, from the expanded list, right-click on the Logitech wireless mouse driver related option.
- After that, from the menu window, click on the Uninstall button.
- And lastly, select the OK button to confirm.
- Once, the mouse driver gets uninstalled successfully, restart your PC. Restarting your device, will automatically, identify the Logitech wireless mouse device and thus installed the drivers. Then, check if the issue gets resolved.
For Wireless Keyboard not Working factor
To fix the Logitech wireless keyboard not working problem, try the below steps.
- Begin with by pressing the Windows and the letter R key altogether. This will activate the Run bar, that you will find at the extreme below left-hand side corner.
- After that, on the Run Bar type devmgmt.msc.
- Next, click on OK to get the Device Manager window open on the screen.
- Further, from the Device Manager window navigate to the Keyboards item, and double-click on it to expand.
- Then, from the open list under the Keyboards item, right-click on the Logitech wireless keyboard related option.
- And then from the menu list, select the Uninstall option.
- Lastly, click on OK to confirm.
- After that, restart your PC to get the Logitech wireless keyboard drivers installed automatically. Now, hopefully, you can use the Logitech keyboard without any further issue.
Method 5: Update the Device Drivers
Most of the hardware device related problems can be sorted by updating the drivers of them. So, if you get no effect in solving the Logitech wireless device not working problem by applying the above methods, then try this method. And that is, update the related device drivers. Now, to perform this task you need to apply the steps as explained below.
- At first, open the Device Manager window. Press the Windows button to activate the search bar, at first. After that, on the search bar type device. And then, from the search result click on the Device manager option. Then, under the Device manager window, unfold the Mice and other pointing devices folder if you want to update the driver for the Logitech wireless mouse. However, if you want to update the keyboard driver, then you need to unfold the Keyboards folder under the Device Manager window. Now, from the unfold options, right-click on the wireless device driver. After that, from the menu list select Update Driver Software. Next, you will get the “How do you want to search for driver software?” window open with two options, and are as follows:
- Search automatically for updated driver software
- Browse my computer for driver software
- Select any of the links, according to the suitable condition.
- Once, you have updated the driver successfully, restart your device. Now, hopefully, you will get the problem fixed.
All these are effective methods to fix the Logitech wireless mouse not working problem. Hopefully, you will also be able to resolve the problem efficiently by applying the above methods as like all the other users does.