Did your Acer laptop’s keyboard stop working after upgrading your Windows Operating System? If you are experiencing this issue right now, then this post is right for you. As we all know that the keyboard is a quite important component on a laptop. And issues might arise on an Acer laptop due to multiple causes. When your Acer laptop’s keyboard is not working, you will not able to type or even unlock your laptop. Although you can temporarily connect an external keyboard to type. Apart from this, you can also open the on-screen keyboard, you may feel not that much comfortable without the laptop’s in-built keyboard. So, in this situation, you don’t need to worry. For fixing such kind of Acer laptop keyboard related problems is pretty simple. Here, in this post, we will be going to mentioned several fixes that will surely help you to get rid of “Acer laptop keyboard not working.”
Effective Procedures to Resolve Acer Keyboard Not Working
There are a couple of easy procedures to fix Acer laptop keyboard not working issue on Windows 10. But, here, in this section of the article, we have enlisted all the relevant methods with complete steps that you might execute. Hence, follow the below instructions to troubleshoot the Acer keyboard related issue and bar the issue from appearing again.
Method @1: Completely Reboot your Acer Laptop
Always start with the basic points that can repair this Acer laptop keyboard not working issue and also save plenty of time. So, it is recommended you to reboot your Acer laptop completely. To do so, until the laptop completely turned off, you need to press and hold the Power button of your Acer laptop. Once it ‘s done, simply unplug the power cable and battery from your Acer laptop. Now, leave it for a few minutes. Now, reconnect the power cable and battery back to your Acer laptop. After this process, simply turn on your Acer laptop and then see whether the issue gets eliminated or not. After rebooting, if you still get stuck with the same issue, then you can proceed to the further fixes.
Method @2: Uninstall the Synaptics Driver
Sometimes, your Windows 10 device has some compatibility issues with the syna[tices driver. Basically, Synaptics drivers have come with Windows OS but at times, after upgrading your Windows Operating System, your device might not completely compatible with Synaptics driver and as a result, you might face Acer laptop keyboard not working Windows 10. Therefore, you can resolve this issue by following the below instructions:
- Primarily, you need to right-click on the Syrat button. And then, in the Search bar, type “Device Manager”
- Now, select the Device Manager from the top result list.
- Once the Device Manager opens, you have to find out the Synaptics driver.
- Once you find it, simply tap on it and then, hit the Unis all button.
- Here, if you locate the Synaptics driver, then you require to find the “Check The Driver Software For This Device”.
- Now, check this option and tap on the Ok button.
- Here, you might need to confirm this process by clicking the OK button once again.
After uninstalling the Synaptics drivers, restart your device. Now, the default driver will be automatically installed on your device and your Acer laptop keyboard might be working normally.
Method @3: Update your Keyboard/Trackpad Drivers
After uninstalling the Synaptics drivers, if your Acer laptop keyboard still not working, then you might require to update the keyboard/trackpad drivers. You can perform this action by following the steps below:
- At first, go to the Start menu.
- Then, you need to look for the Device Manager, tap on the top of the result list in order to initiate the experience.
- Then, you need to expand the category with the hardware that you have to update.
- Now, simply click on the device and hit the Update Driver option.
- After this process, you need to locate the “Browse My Computer For Driver Software” button.
- Once you are done, hit the Browse button.
- Here, if updates are available, then you have to press the Install Updates button.
Now, the updates are downloaded automatically in the background. Once the process is over, simply restart your device and check whether the issue gets removed or not.
Method @4: Disable the Filter Keys
Basically, Filter key is a handy feature that is launched to avoid repeated keystrokes. But, some of the users have complained that when the Filter key feature is enabled by default in that time, they encounter several keyboard related issues on their device. So, we highly recommend you to disable the filter keys. And you can do this process by applying the below steps:
At first, you have to go to the Control Panel. Then, navigate to the “Ease Of Access Center.” Now, scroll and locate the “Make The Keyboard Easier To Use” button. Once you find this option, simply select the button and find the Filter Keys. Once it is done, you require to be sure that the “Turn On Filter Keys” is not Enabled. If yes, then you have to disable it shortly. Once you are done, just hit the Apply button and then, OK button in order to save the new changes. Lastly, restart your device and see if the issue gets removed.
Method @5: Use the Windows Home Key + Space Shortcut
Most of the users have reported that they only had issues with some certain keys on their Acer laptop. And they were easily resolve this glitch by tapping the Windows Home key +Space key simultaneously on their keyboard. After performing this task, they find that all the keys start working again. This methods word for a number of users. So, you can give it a try.
Besides, there can be another shortcut key that might resolve this error. You should see a lock icon on your keyboard and fn letters inside it. Generally, it is the Esc key, but depending on the laptop’s model, this key might different. Thus, you might require to hold the Shift key and press the key that has lock icon on it. Now, all your laptop keys should working once again.
Method @6: Install the Windows Latest Updates
Microsoft is continuously enhancing the Windows 10 along with the various latest updates. Therefore, it is advised you to use the Window update and install all the latest updates. To do so, go through the steps below:
- First of all, you have to launch the Settings app.
- Then, in the Settings app, tap on the Update & Security option.
- After that, you need to hit the Windows Update button.
- Next, hit the Check For Updates button.
- If you find any latest updates then, you have to press the Install Updates button in order to download all the latest updates.
- Finally, restart your device.
We presume the content/post might have been able to tell you which methods you should consider resorting to if you have to get rid of a tricky tech issue like this one. Apply them and make a difference in the situation you are in. If you need to read about related topics, please stay tuned to our posts.