Outlook not sending Emails is a common problem for the users, while trying to send an email through Outlook application. This problem may appear abruptly, without any prior notification. If you are facing this issue, then this article is for you. Here, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to get rid of the problem. Keep reading this article to know the details about this Outlook error.
Efficient Steps to Resolve Outlook 2016 not Sending Emails
Here, we are going to give you a detailed solution that can help you to fix your problem regarding Outlook 2016 not sending emails. Go through the steps which are mentioned in the upcoming part of the article.
Solution 1: Verify the Servers are Online or Not
To resolve the problem with Outlook won’t send an email, at first you need to check the state of your emailing server. If you are sending any mail in offline mode, then the email will be clutched in the Outbox folder. If you want to check the state of your mail server, then move on to the right-hand corner of the Outlook window. If you find out that it is saying Connected or it is saying Connected to Microsoft Exchange, then this means the error is not occurring due to the server status.
If you find out that it is saying Working Offline, then you will need to launch the Send or Receive tab, and then click on the Work offline button, this will help you to turn it off. But, always remember that you need to launch the email and resend it.
Solution 2: Resend the Emails
You should try to resend the Emails and check if it helps you to leave the Outlook folder. If you launch the email from the Outbox folder at the time of sending the emails. Then, the Outlook will not delete it from the folder, despite sending the emails successfully. You can check the reason behind the issue by opening the emails, and then try to resend it manually. Access the Outlook folder and click on the Send button. This is the easiest way to resolve the problem.
Solution 3: Delete the large Attachments
All the email providers require a limitation on the maximum size of any attachment. If you want to send any pictures, videos, and other large attachments through the emails, then you will be restricted to sending that mail. All the email provider never allow any attachments larger than 20-25 MB.
If you are sending any file under the provided size, then it might take a few minutes to send the message with a poor internet connection. This might be the reason behind the Outlook 2016 not sending emails. If you have any email which contains a large attachment, then try to avoid this kind of attachment. You can do it by launching the Outlook folder. To do it, right click on the email which denies sending, and then click on the Delete option. You should always avoid downloading the attachment which is larger than 10 MB. Thus, you can avoid the problem.
Solution 4: Sync the Account Password
You can get rid of the issue by syncing the account password. If anyone tries to enter your account, then your mailing account will be locked automatically. At that moment you need to change the password of your account. If you have changed your email password, then there must be a chance of forgetting the new password for the Outlook. If this happens to you, then the following steps will help you to get rid of the issue.
- At first, open the Outlook and move on to the file option.
- Then, click on the Account Settings option.
- Thereafter, the Account Settings dialog box will pop up on the screen.
- After that, click on the Email tab to open it. Then, select your Email account and click on the Change option.
- Once you have done with all steps which are mentioned in the above part of the article, now this is the time to enter your password in the Password box.
- Then, you need to check the box which is next to the Remember password.
- After that, click on the Next option and finish your task.
Solution 5: Repair the Outlook Programs
Sometimes, the problem may happen due to damaged Outlook programs. But, it also has the ability of auto repairing. If you want to proceed with the auto repairing by following the steps which are mentioned in the below part of the article.
- At first, you will need to close Outlook, go to the bottom of the left corner of your computer and right-click on the Start button. Then, click on the ‘Apps and Features’ option.
- After that, you need to scroll down over the screen, and then click on the Outlook entry. Otherwise, you can go to the search bar to find out the Outlook entry. Then, click on the Modify option.
- Thereafter, click on the Repair option, and then select the Continue option. And, proceed with the next step.
- Now, you will need to wait for a few minutes to complete the procedure. Then, you need to restart the system.
- Once you are done with all the steps which are mentioned in the above, now open the Outlook again and delete all those emails which are stuck inside the Outbox folder.
Solution 6: Run the Inbox Repair Tool
Outlook helps you to store all the messages and information in the Personal Folders File, also known as the PST file. If any information becomes corrupted, then this might hamper the Outlook functionalities. Microsoft has the inbuilt feature of Inbox Repair Tool. You can repair the PST file by using this tool. The steps which are mentioned in the below part of the article will help you to do so.
- At first, you will need to close Outlook, then move on to C:\ Program Files or C:\ Program Files (x86) / (x64).
- When you are in there you need to use the search box to find out the SCANPST.exe.
- If you cannot find out the SCANPST through the search bar, then move on to the location which is notified below in the Outlook version.
Outlook 2016: C:\ Program Files (x86) or (x64) \Microsoft Office \ root \ Office16
Outlook 2013: C:\ Program Files (x86) or (x64) \Microsoft Office \ Office15
Outlook 2010: C:\ Program Files (x86) or (x64) \Microsoft Office \ Office14
Outlook 2007: C:\ Program Files (x86) or (x64) \Microsoft Office \ Office12
4. After that, you need to open the SCANPST.exe and click on the Browse option. Then, go to the Documents\Outlook Files this will help you to find out the PST file. And, click on the Start button to start the scanning the PST file.
5. Once you are done with all the steps which are mentioned before click on the Repair button this will help you to resolve the issue. And, check if the problem resolved or not.
Solution 7: Send the Emails while using the Safe Mode
You can get rid of the Outlook won’t send Email error by using the Safe Mode. Here, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to do it.
- At first, you need to be close to the Outlook application completely.
- Thereafter, press the Windows + R key both at the same time from the keyboard. This will help you to open the Run Window. Then, type ‘outlook/ safe’ in the appearing dialog box and press the Enter button.
- If you have started your Outlook while using the Safe Mode, then click on the File tab. Now, click on the Options.
- Thereafter, open the Add-ins option by clicking on it. Click on the drop-down menu which is near to the Manage option, at the bottom of your screen. Then, click on the COM Add-ins option from the appearing list.
- At the next step, clear the checkbox which is selected and click on the OK button.
- Then, launch the Outlook and open it normally. And, try to send Emails. If you succeed in sending Emails, then you can move to the next step. And, if you fail to send the emails, then you should redo the steps again.
- Once you complete the steps, as we mentioned in the earlier part, now it’s time to return back to the File, click on the Options button. Thereafter, click on the Add-ins option to re-enable the add-in, then keep restarting the system until you find the conflicting file, which creates the issue.
- Now, you can continue with the Outlook while Disabling the Add-in.
The purpose of writing this article was to help you resolve the issue associated with Outlook not sending Emails. If you have any queries regarding this topic, then comment below. To get more Outlook related information you can visit our official website.