Most of the professionals use an email signature in their emails in order to forward an easy contact information to whomsoever they are sending emails. An email signature can be considered as a word-spreader for corporate and normal users and helps others to know about them. In Outlook 2016 and 2013 email client, users can configure custom email signatures for POP, IMAP, MAPI or Exchange email accounts. However, in some situations, Outlook users are unable to edit or add custom signatures in their email account. Outlook 2016 signature not working has really been a cause of misery for the users.
Now, if you are one of those users and want to solve the Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2013 signature not working issue, then follow this article.
Major Causes of Outlook 2016 Signature Not Working Issue
In the Windows OS, there are many things that can cause Outlook 2016 or Outlook 2013 signature not working issue in your system. And some of them are given in this section below. Have a look at them:
- The Outlook files getting corrupted due to detrimental programs.
- Malfunctioning problems in Windows Registry Files
- Improper installation of the Outlook 2016 or 2013 email client
Now, if you have identified all the possible causes of this issue, then jump into its solutions.
Best Fix for Outlook 2016 Signature Not Working
There are many ways to fix Outlook 2016 signature not working issue and some of them are given below. Have a look at them and try to execute them as instructed:
Remove the Temporary Internet Files
Most of the time, this issue is caused by corrupted Internet files which are stored in the temp folder of your system. These files contain information on your browsing history, bookmarks, autofill date, etc. Therefore, it won’t affect your browsing experience if you remove them from your system. Now, in order to remove those files follow the given instructions:
- Click on the Start icon and select the Control Panel option. This will open up the Control Panel on the screen
- There you need to click on the Network and Internet option in order to enter into its window.
- Now, in the Network and Internet window, click on the Internet Options.
- A pop-up window will appear on the screen. There you need to hit on the Delete button You will get that button under the Browsing history section.
- This action will instantly launch the Delete Browsing History pop-up window on the screen. In that window, check the box beside the Temporary Internet files and website files option and then hit the Delete button.
After that, check whether the issue has been fixed or not. If not, then try other methods present in this article.
Edit the Registry Files
Next thing that may cause this issue in your Outlook email client is malfunctioning in Windows Registry files. These are one of the most important files of the Windows OS and they are connected with every Microsoft based application which includes the Outlook email client. Now, in certain situations, these files suffer from malfunctioning problems due to some software modifications or updates. And on those moments Microsoft applications like Outlook starts giving out various type of workability issues like the signature not working to the users.
That’s why in order to fix these types of issues the user to modify Windows Registry files and reconfigure them into the proper order. However, while working on the Registry files modification process, the user needs to execute every step properly. Otherwise, their Windows OS may encounter some serious issues. Now, if you want to work on the Registry files of your system then follow the given instructions.
Registry files Modification steps
- Open the Windows Dialog Box by pressing “Windows + R”. Then, type “regedit” on the Dialog box and press the Ok button or hit the Enter key.
- The Registry Editor Window will appear on the screen. There, you need to enter into the localserver32 folder. To do that follow the given path.
For 32-bit installation:
For the 64-bit installation:
Now, in the local server 32 folder, you need to select both the Default and LocalServer32 named registry strings one by one. And then set their Value data to following command lines
For 32-bit Office installed on 32-bit Windows and for 64-bit Office installed on 64-bit Windows:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office 15\Outlook.exe
For 32-bit Office installed on 64-bit Windows:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office 15\Outlook.exe
After that, hit the Ok button in order to save all the changes and then close everything
Once you have done that, reboot your system and check for the existence of the issue.
In the End
Now, if the able mentioned solutions are able to solve Outlook 2016 signature not working issue on your system then you need to reinstall the Outlook 2016 email client once more in order to solve this issue.
We hope our solutions and suggestions are able to help you with this Outlook signature not working issue. For more tech-related stuff, keep following our upcoming articles.