In the world of routers, Netgear is one of the best producers of this device. The router made by this company has many different kinds of features, thus most of the users want to use it. Despite the fact that Netgear router has so many good features and are reliable, even then you can get so many different types of errors as well. One such problem that you may get while trying to use this router is the Netgear error 1605. There are many reasons as to why you can encounter this error. Some of those causes can be, when the driver of the router is not up to date then there is a possibility for you to get this problem. If the firmware of the device is obsolete, then also you can face this error. Moreover, you can even confront this problem if there is a malware virus attack.
Easy Points to Rectify the Netgear Error 1605
This is a section of the article, which will provide various simple points that help you to correct this problem in an easy way. So, follow as instructed below:
Boot the Netgear Router Once Again
This section will provide with steps that help you on how to boot the Netgear router once again. In order to do it, follow the steps below.
- First, on the computer, launch the web browser that you want. After that, go to the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) and type the following website on it – “www.routerlogin.com” or “18.104.22.168” and then, tap ‘Enter’.
- Now, you will be redirected to the configuration setup page. Once you are on this page then, prompt will show up.
- On that prompt, put the default credentials i.e. for the username, password-” admin”, “password” respectively. All these information are there at the bottom panel of the router.
- Once you are inside the configuration page of this router, then locate and tap on the option ‘Advanced’.
- Within this section, find and select the option ‘Router Information’. Under this option, hit the button ‘Reboot’.
- Finally, the router will start up once again and while this process goes on wait for two minutes more, until it completes.
- There is another method to reboot the router, which is as follows.
- First, locate the ‘Power’ button at the back of the router.
- Now, press it once to switch the device off.
- Disconnect the power cable from the wall socket and then remove all the other cables from the router and PC.
- Wait for ten minutes and reconnect all the cables back to their correct places.
- At last, again hit the ‘Power’ button at the back of the device and switch it on. Check whether you are still getting this error.
Procedure to Update the Router
If you do not update the firmware of the Netgear router, then there is a high chance for you to encounter this problem. Now, the solution to correct this problem is to update the firmware of the device. To do this in a simple way, follow the lines that are present underneath.
- Follow the first three steps within the previous point to launch the router’s settings page.
- When you are inside this default page then, choose the option ‘Advanced’.
- Under that option, select the sub-option ‘Administration’ or ‘Settings’. After that, choose the option either ‘Firmware Update’ or ‘Router Update’, whichever is there.
- Now, press the button ‘Check’. This will look for any firmware updates that are available for the router.
- If an update is available, then hit the ‘Yes’ button. This will initiate the firmware update process. This process can take for three minutes or more to update.
- At last, once the firmware update is complete, the router will start up once again.
Delete the Malicious Programs from the Netgear Router
If the Netgear router has been infected by any malware or malicious program, then also you can confront with the Netgear genie error 1605. To solve this error the best solution is to do a factory reset of the router. For that, follow as instructed below.
- First, inspect whether the ‘Power’ light on the router is illuminated.
- Now, go to the rear side of the device and find the button ‘Reset’.
- Now, take a pin or paper clip and use that to tap and keep on holding the ‘Reset’ button for at least 7 seconds.
- During this time the ‘Power’ button keeps on flashing. Once the flash stops and the light becomes static, then it means that the reset process of the router is over.
- At last, tap on the power button to turn the device off and once again hit that button to switch the router on.
Execute the Network Troubleshooter
This point let you run the built-in ‘Network Troubleshooter’, in order to fix this problem. To do that, follow the line below.
- First, tap on both the ‘Windows Logo + R’ keys simultaneously. This will open the ‘Run’ dialog box. On this dialog box, besides the label, ‘Open’, type the ‘control panel’ and then press ‘OK’ button.
- Now, a new window opens up called ‘Control Panel’. On this window, locate and tap on the category ‘Network and Internet’ among the rest of the other categories that were present.
- Next, a new page within this window comes up. Here, select the option ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- Another new page in this window shows up, therefore move to the bottom of the page and choose the link ‘Troubleshoot problems’.
- A new window ‘Windows Settings’ will come up with the page heading ‘Troubleshoot’. On this page scroll down and under the heading ‘Find and fix other problems’, select the option ‘Network Adapter’.
- After that, within the chosen option, select the button ‘Run the troubleshooter’. This will again launch another window, which automatically starts to look for any problem with the network adapter.
- If the troubleshooter finds any issue with the network adapter, then that problem will come up on the list and which will be rectified automatically.
- Once the troubleshooting process gets over, then close the window.
- Finally, reboot the computer to fix any changes that have occurred.
To fix the Netgear error 1605 all you have to do is to follow all the steps, that are present in the previous section carefully and minutely. Now, even after following all the steps in the above section, you are unable to resolve this glitch, then do not worry. Give, what kind of problem you have faced on the comment section below this page.