In a Linksys router, the error 321 mainly appears during the router setup process. This error primarily points to a broken connection between your router and system. Most of the time, users encounter this error while setting up their router for the first time with the help of provided installation CD-ROM. When the users run the CD, it asks the user to connect the system and the modem to the router with the ethernet cable. After that, all the lights on the router will lit up according to the instructions, however, their system is showing the error code 321.
Now, if you are one of those users who is facing this issue on their system and want to remove Linksys router error 321 from their system by themselves then follow this article. This is because we have provided all the necessary steps and instructions in it. Now, without wasting any time, let’s get into it.
Main Causes of Linksys Router Error 321
The Error Code 321 can occur on your router and system due to various problematic factors and some of them are given below. Have a look at them:
- Interference of the Windows Firewall
- Inactive internet connection
- Ethernet cable isn’t plugin properly
- Hardware issues
Now, if you have analyzed all the main causes of Linksys router error 321, then let’s have a look at its removal methods.
Methods To Eliminate Linksys Router Error 321
To resolve the error 321 on your Linksys router, you can use the following methods. Have a look at them and try to execute them as instructed:
Turn Off the Windows Firewall Temporarily
Most of the time the Error 321 appears in Linksys router due to the Windows Firewall setting. During the router setup process, the Windows Firewall blocks all the connections between the system and router due to security protocols and that thing create this error code. Now, to fix this problem, the user needs to disable the Windows Firewall while performing the Linksys router setup process. If you want to do this on your system then follow the given instructions:
- Click on the Start icon and then select the Control Panel option from the left panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click on the System and Security option to open its window.
- There you will find the Windows Firewall option on the right side of the window. Click on it.
- The Windows Firewall option will instantly open up on the screen. There you need to click on the Turn Windows Firewall on or off option. You will find it on the left side of the window.
- Then, tap on the Home or work (private) network location option and Public network location settings options to expand them.
- In both of the expanded sections, you need to fill the box next to the turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) option and then hit the OK button.
After doing this try to set up your Linksys router once more in order to verify the existence of the error. If you are able to perform the setup process successfully then turn on the Windows Firewall by clicking on the box next to the “Turn on Windows Firewall” option. And you need to do this for both home and public settings.
Setup the Router without the Installation CD
Another thing which causes Error 321 in the Linksys router is a bad installation CD-ROM. In certain situations, the setup application is unable to detect the active connection between the router and gives out this error code. This thing might be happening due to some missing installation files or corrupted files. That’s why in order to eliminate the chances of this error you have to set up your Linksys router without the installation CD-ROM. To know about it follow the given steps:
- Connect your system and the router with an Ethernet cable. Then, connect the internet cable in the router. After that, check the status of the light.
- Now, open the Administrator page of your router and change the Internet connection settings manually. To do that launch your desired web browser and then enter the Default IP address of the Linksys router. You can get that IP address from the provided users manual book or the official website of the Linksys routers. However, to access the Administrator page you will require the user name and password, Most of the time both of them are “admin”. But to verify this, check the user manual or back side of the router box.
- Once your main system is able to access the internet service, create a wireless network for your other wireless system and devices.
Try to reinstall Setup Application
Now, if you still want to use the installation CD-ROM for the setup purpose then check the connection between your system and router once more and make sure that your system has an active internet connection. Then, try to reuse the installation CD-ROM, it is quite this time the setup process starts working without any sign of error 321.
However, if even after following all the solutions mentioned in the above sections, you are unable to remove this error code then it might possible that the error 321 occurring on your router due to some hardware problems.In most cases, users have found that the cable they are using for router-system connection is faulty and that thing is causing this error on their roster. But if that is not the case with you, then you should consult with a technical expert in order to find effective error removal ways.
We hope that our methods and suggestions are helpful to you regarding Linksys router error 321. For more tech-related information, keep following our upcoming articles.