Generally, a battery is the source of power for any smartphone, same goes with the iPhone 6 also. A battery is an essential component for iPhones, so if this becomes bad, then that can create a lot of problems in its proper functioning. Thus, this article will provide you with the different iPhone 6 battery problems fix. There are many reasons for which you can get problems on your iPhone 6 battery. Some of the prominent causes are that if you open apps like Maps, Youtube, then the battery can drain out. If you keep the iPhone on the place that radiates heat, then the battery life can be destroyed. Even, the battery life can also be hampered when the temperature on the surroundings is very cold. When some apps execute in the background, even then you can face this technical glitch in your iPhone 6.
How to Fix a Bad iPhone Battery – Elementary Solutions:
In this section of the article, you will get various points to rectify this problem in an easy and effortless way.
Procedure to Reboot or Restart iPhone 6
The iPhone 6 battery problems fix can be easily done by performing a simple reboot. In order to that, follow the steps underneath.
- First, tap on the ‘Sleep/Wake’ button on the right side of the iPhone 6 for about two to three seconds.
- Then, you will get the message ‘slide to power off’ on the top of the screen. Now, in order to turn the iPhone off, shift the Toggle button on the message from the left to the right side.
- When the device is finally switched off, then wait for a few seconds. After that, once again, hit the ‘Power’ button and give one or two seconds until you see the screen with ‘Apple Logo’.
- There is another way to force restart the iPhone 6. To do that, follow the sub-steps below.
- Press and hold the ‘Power’ and ‘Home’ button altogether for ten seconds or so.
- After that, the iPhone 6 will vibrate for once and then the ‘Apple Logo’ will show up on the screen.
- At last, release both the buttons ‘Power’ and ‘Home’ at the same time.
Check the Health of the Battery
On the iPhone 6, Apple gave a feature called ‘Battery Health’. As the name suggests, this feature will help you to look into the performance of the battery. Even, you can also get the information about which application slows the iPhone and if it needs to be serviced or not. In order to access this feature, follow the steps underneath.
- First, unlock the iPhone, then locate the ‘Settings’ application from the ‘Home’ screen.
- After that, on the new page that opens up, hit the option ‘Battery’.
- Next, on the page that opens up, choose the option ‘Battery Health’.
- Now, on this page that has the same name as the option you have chosen, you will get two options ‘Maximum Capacity’ and the other one is ‘Peak Performance Capability’.
- Among those two options which one you choose depends upon your preference. To see what each of those options can do, read the descriptions under them.
Examine the Usage of iPhone 6 Battery
There is an option to check the battery of your iPhone 6. This option lets you know what applications and services use more batteries. Below, you will get steps on how to do it.
- Follow the first two steps on the previous topic to open the option called ‘Battery’.
- After that, on the page that has a similar name as the previous option you chose, wait for a few seconds. After that, allow the ‘Battery Usage’ to show all the apps which are using the battery.
- Now, once all the applications are on the list, just hit the button ‘Show Detailed Usage’. This will provide elaborate details about the power usage by background and foreground apps.
- Next, press the option ‘Last 7 Days’ to see more information about the consumption of power by the apps.
Steps to Force Quit the Applications on iPhone 6
If some applications perform abnormally or using all power of the battery, then you will have to force quit that application from the iPhone 6. Follow the steps below in order to achieve it.
- First, tap on the ‘Home’ buttons for two times. This will launch the ‘App Switcher’ feature within the iPhone 6.
- Now, within the ‘App Switcher’, locate the application you want to remove.
- After that, swipe to the upper portion of the screen and forcefully quit that application.
Ways to Launch the Low Power Mode
If you want to know how to fix a bad iPhone battery, then the best solution is to activate a feature on the iPhone 6. This is known as ‘Low Power Mode’. This feature or option allows you to operate the device in less power so that the battery can be conserved. Even if you have a bad battery, then enabling this mode can allow using the iPhone. To activate this mode, you can follow the steps that are underneath.
- Follow the first two steps on the second point of this section to go to the screen ‘Battery’.
- Within that screen, locate the option ‘Low Power Mode’ and toggle the switch to the right to enable it.
- When the ‘Low Power Mode’ is activated, then you can tell that by looking at the icon of the battery which becomes ‘Yellow’.
- Another method is to enable this feature at one go. You can also do it by telling ‘Siri’ to do it for you.
Inspect the Lightning Port and Cable
One of the popular iPhone 6 battery problems fix is to check the lightning cable and the port. If sometimes some dust or debris gets lodged inside the port, then you cannot able to charge the battery. Therefore, what you can do is to take a dry toothpick and try to clear any debris within the port. Moreover, if there is dust inside it, then take an earbud and clean off the dust. Now, after cleaning the port, you cannot able to charge your iPhone. Then, thoroughly examine the lightning cable and see if there is any puncture on it. If there is a puncture or the wire is slashed, then you will have to replace it with a new one. Now, if the wire is fine and still the device is not charging, then the port is at fault. Thus, it is recommended to replace the lightning port.
Battery Calibration Process
If you do not properly charge the battery of the iPhone 6 on a regular basis, then sometimes it will not perform as it is intended to. Thereby, slowly the battery can become bad. Now, to get out of the problem, all you need to do is to calibrate the battery. Trail the steps below this paragraph.
- Always charge your phone to full i.e. hundred percent.
- When the iPhone 6 is on the charge, then do not use it all. Do everything after charging is complete.
- Utilize all the power on the battery until the device switches off by itself.
In Bad Service area, Toggle the Airplane Mode
When you are in the area that has bad service, then the iPhone 6 will use more power to get the signal. Thus, it can wreak havoc on the battery of the device. The solution to this problem is to activate the ‘Airplane Mode’. This mode can switch off all the connections of the iPhone 6. To activate this mode, follow the instructions below.
- First, on the home screen of the iPhone 6, find the ‘Settings’ application and tap to launch it.
- Then, at the top of the page that comes up, you will see the option ‘Airplane Mode’.
- To toggle this option, just tap on the swipe the switch on the right side of the screen to right. Now, the ‘Airplane Mode’ will be activated and all the connections will turn off.
Perform a Factory Reset on your iPhone 6
The last way to get rid of the battery problem on your iPhone 6 is to do a factory reset. When you perform this procedure, then all the applications and the data stored inside the device are deleted permanently. Now, if you have a backup of the data and apps, then that is good. But, if do not want to store the device with any backed up data, then set the phone as if it were new. Follow the steps below to know the process of factory reset.
- First, unlock the iPhone, by providing the passcode. After that, find the application ‘Settings’ on the home screen and tap on it to open.
- Within that application, find and then, choose the option ‘General’. After that, on the next page, select the option ‘Reset’.
- When you are on the page ‘Reset’, then choose the option ‘Erase All Content and Settings’.
- Next, when you get a prompt to input the passcode of the device, then provide it. Now, a warning box will pop up, where the button ‘Erase iPhone’ written in red will be present. Just hit that button to reset the device.
- Once again, there will be another prompt which will ask you to provide the password of the ‘Apple ID’. This is only for the confirmation purpose.
- Now, at last, the iPhone will delete every data that is stored inside it. Then, return to the first setup screen of the device when you bought.
If you read this article about the iPhone 6 battery problems fix, then there is no doubt that you will be able to solve this complication on your own. But even then, if you cannot able to solve this error, then do not worry at all. Simply provide details about the problem that you have faced on the comment section below the website and get your issue rectified by our professionals. They will provide you the ultimate solutions to fix this error on your iPhone 6 device.