For security against virus and spam conflicts, Microsoft blocks multiple email account holders who are involved in the hacking process. Moreover, in such cases, while sending email from your Hotmail account through your Android or iPhone device, you might find that the sending moved to the outbox but you are unable to send the email. The primary reason for the issue Hotmail not working is due to an internet connection problem. In addition, if you are using outdated software, then it can be responsible for this problem. Furthermore, if there is a problem within the Hotmail application, it can lead to this situation.
So, if you are dealing with the same issue and do not know the solution, then you are in the right place. Therefore, follow the section below and apply the methods that we are going to discuss here.
Amazing Procedures to Resolve Hotmail not Working Issue
Though Hotmail not working is complicated and annoying as well, still there is a hope to resolve the issue. With this guide, you can get all the possible solutions that will help you to get rid of this situation. Hence, perform the given solutions and Hotmail will work without any trouble.
Method 1: Check the Internet Connection
The first thing that you need to do is to check the internet connection. Because a slow internet connection can lead you to this situation. If you are using a WiFi network, then try to change the WiFi router or sometimes you might have to change the WiFi settings. If you find there is no problem in the internet connection, then move to the next solutions.
Method 2: Update the Software associated with the Device
No matter whether you are working on an iPhone or Android, you must update your device accordingly.
If you are facing Hotmail on android not working, go through the guidelines given below to update the software for your Android phone.
- At first, open the Settings option on your phone.
- From the Settings option, choose the About Phone option, and then select the System Update option.
- Finally, download the latest version and install the updates. It will take a few minutes to complete the process.
If you are an iPhone user, then follow the steps that are mentioned in the section below.
- At first, connect your device into the power supply and make sure that your phone is connected via a WiFi network.
- After that, tap the Settings option. Then, go to the General option.
- From the General option, click the Software Update option. It will automatically download the fresh version and install the latest version. Sometimes, it might ask you to type in the passcode, then you need to enter the passcode.
Method 3: Uninstall and Reinstall the Application
If the above solutions do not help you to solve the problem, then you need to uninstall the application and reinstall Hotmail application. Hence, follow the given steps that are mentioned in the section below.
- To do that, first, you need to open the Settings application on your phone.
- After that, choose the tab Apps and tab on the Hotmail.
- Now, choose the option Uninstall.
- At last, open the iTunes store(for iPhone users) and Google Play Store (Android users) and download the Hotmail application.
Method 4: Check the Settings related to Hotmail
If still Hotmail not working on iPhone, then you need to check the Hotmail’s settings. Hence, follow the steps, mentioned in order to check the settings.
Firstly, launch the Hotmail application on your device. After that, click the Add Account option and log in to your account. To log into your account, you need to use the username and password.
After that, select Manual Setup and click in IMAP Account Setting option.
Now, fill in the box that will appear on your phone’s screen and finally, set the Security Type to None.
Thereafter, enter the Port name and Server name. Then, choose the option Next and modify the SMTP settings and Outgoing Server Settings together.
After completing the process, log in to your account and check the issue is resolved.
We are quite certain that you manage to resolve the Hotmail not working issue with the presented fixes. Additionally, if you have any suggestions and questions, do post them in the comment section below.