While connecting a Hotmail email account with a device or system a user may face different types of issues. One of them is Hotmail email account not syncing with user device issue. During this issue, the users are unable to use their Hotmail email account with their desired device even after performing a proper connection process. Most of the time, the not syncing issue occurs due to some simple settings mistakes or due to any fault in the app installation. However, sometimes users may encounter this issue because of email client or Hotmail server problem. Now, if you are one of those users who facing Hotmail not syncing issue on their device and want to solve it, then follow this article.
Major Cause of the Hotmail not Syncing with any Device
There are various types of devices on which this issue may occur. And every device and system has a specific set of problematic factors which cause this issue in the first place. In this section, we have provided some of those issues responsible for creating the possible problematic factors. Have a look at them.
In Windows OS based System:
- Improper settings of the Outlook email clients.
- Hotmail or Outlook server problems.
Android OS based Devices:
- Setting malfunctions in the Default Email App.
- Wrong installation of the Outlook app.
- Inaccurate sync time setting in the Mail App.
- Disallowed sync permission.
Now, if you have analyzed all the possible causes of this issue, then let’s have a look at its solutions.
Ways to Fix Hotmail not Syncing with the Device
Hotmail not syncing issue can appear on your desired device due to various causes. And, each cause of this issue is connected with the device on which the user is trying to sync their Hotmail account. Therefore, in order to fix this Hotmail issue, the user needs to apply the solution according to the device they are using. Now, in this section, we have provided the solutions to this issue on the basis of devices and system it is occurring. Have a look at them and try to use that which fits your requirements.
On Windows-based System
If you are facing Hotmail not syncing issue on the Windows OS based system, then follow the given methods to fix it.
Repair Microsoft’s Email Client:
Now, if you are facing this issue while trying to sync your Hotmail account with Microsoft’s email client which is Outlook, then follow the given instruction:
- Open the Microsoft Outlook and tap on the File tab. Now, there you need to click on the Account Settings option. It will be present in the Info section.
- In the Account Settings window, select that Hotmail email account which is not syncing and hit the Repair button.
- Instantly the Repair Account box will appear on the screen. There you need to check the settings field and then hit the Next button.
- Now, Outlook will start the email repair process. It will take some so be patience.
It will enable all the network connections, search for the Hotmail email account settings and then log on to the server in order to confirm that everything is working properly. Once the repair process gets complete, click on the Change Account option to check the settings. If everything looks alright, then hit the Next button. After this, Outlook will test all the account settings. If it finds out that all of them are working in proper order then it will display a confirmation message on the screen. On that confirmation message, click on the Close button, and then hit the Finish button. Now, restart your Microsoft’s email client and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Hotmail not Syncing in Android Device
Now, if your Hotmail email account is unable to sync on your Android OS based device, then follow the given
Reset the Email App:
Sometimes, the Default email app of your Android device is unable to sync with your Hotmail account due to some settings malfunction. Now, to fix this malfunction you need to follow the given steps.
- Tap on the Setting option and open up its window.
- There you need to tap on the Apps option.
- In the Apps window tap on the All apps section, and then find the Email and Email Widget App
- Now, tap on them in order to open them up. Then, hit the Force Stop option.
- After that, hit the Clear Caches option in order to reset all the improper data settings
Once you have done that, close every window and try to re-sync your Hotmail account. Now, if you are trying to sync your Hotmail account with the Outlook App, then you need to perform this process. However, if this method doesn’t work for the Outlook app, then reinstall the app once more. This action will eliminate all the major setting malfunctions of the Outlook app and fix the Hotmail not syncing issue.
Hotmail Not Syncing WIth iPhone or iOS Device
If you are encountering the Hotmail not syncing issue with an iOS-based device like iPhone, then follow the methods to fix it.
Change the Mail Days to Sync:
Most of the time, this issue occur in the Apple Mail app due to improper sync time settings. And in order to fix this mistake, you need to reset it manually. To perform this method on your iOS device follow the given steps:
- First, open the Setting app on your iPhone or iPad and select the ‘Passwords & Accounts’ option.
- In the ‘Passwords & Accounts’ window, tap on the Hotmail account option in order to open its window.
- There, you need to tap on the ‘Mail Days to Sync’ option to enter into it.
- Then, select the ‘No Limit’, and then tap on the Back option.
After this, Hotmail not syncing issue should get fixed and you can start using it without any more issues.
Ensure to allow the Hotmail Account Sync
However, in certain situations, this issue may appear in the Apple Mail app due to a simple human error mistake which is missing account sync permission. Sometimes, the users disallow the email syncing option which creates this issue in the iOS-based devices. Now, to fix this problem, check your Mail inbox for an email from Microsoft which looks like a permission pop-up. If you find it, then open it up and tap on the ‘Continue using this email app’ option. After this, your Hotmail might start syncing with the Apple Mail app.
Now, if all the solutions mentioned in the above section is unable to solve this issue, then it is quite possible that the Hotmail not syncing issue is still appearing on the system due to some other problem. However, we hope our solutions and suggestions prove to be helpful for you regarding the Hotmail email account not syncing issue. For more tech related content keep following our upcoming articles.