Epson WF 3640 ADF comes with a lot of features. However, Epson wf 3640 Printer sometimes creates huge problems when it stops functioning. You won’t be able to scan with the help of Automatic Document Feeder. When you try to scan Windows Fax, you might face this Epson printer not working issue. When you get a paper in the ADF, the program ignores it and makes an attempt to scan from the flatbed. Is there any specific reason behind this? No need to worry. Henceforth, this informative article will give you the probable fixes in a step by step fashion which you can easily implement to eradicate Epson wf 3640 ADF not working issue.
You can try any of the below solutions to overcome Epson wf 3640 ADF not working issue:
Fix 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Just go through the below steps to resolve this issue of Epson wf 3640 ADF not working issue:
- 1. First, you need to ensure whether the Automatic Document Feeder is installed properly or not.
- 2. Then, you have to ensure whether the Office Mode or Professional Mode is selected or not.
- 3. Next, you have to check whether the ADF single sided or ADF double sided is chosen as Document source while performing Epson Scan.
- 4. If you open the Automatic Document Feeder, you need also to shut down. Moreover, you should make another attempt. Moreover, when the automatic document feeder is found open while scanning is going on, you can delete the paper jam. Also, you have the provision to restore any document which is not yet scanned and reboot the Epson Scan.
- 5. After that, delete the paper jam. Next, you should make an attempt to reload the document and again rebooting the Epson Scan.
How to Combat Paper Feed Problems?
If the paper is jammed inside the product, you need to follow the undermentioned steps:
- First, you need to cancel the print job if at all required.
- Next, you need to delete jammed paper from the feed slot where the rear paper is placed.
- After that, you need to hoist the scanner unit. Please don’t take into account that you should not touch the flat white cable present inside the printer. Also, don’t hoist the scanner unit when the document is opened.
- Moreover, you have to remove the paper present inside consisting of torn pieces.
- Next, you should shut down the scanner unit.
- You need to go through certain prompts on the LCD screen for the purpose of deleting the error message. If you find a paper jam message, you need to examine the jam solutions
How to Overcome Paper Jam Problems in Paper Cassette?
If you find a paper jam in the paper cassette, go through the below steps. This will surely eradicate Epson wf 3640 ADF not working issue:
- 1. First and foremost thing you need to do is to cancel the print job if required.
- 2. Then, you need to detach the paper cassette, then you need to remove the jammed paper.
- 3. After that, pull out the jammed paper present inside the product.
4. Next task is to inject the paper cassette.
- 5. Finally, you have to watch the prompts present on the LCD screen for the purpose of removing the error message. However, if you still receive the paper jam message, you need to inspect other paper jam solutions.
Handy Tips to Overcome Paper Jam Problems in Duplexer
If you notice the paper jam in duplexer, you need to follow the below steps to clear the jam.
- 1. Firstly, you need to cancel the print job if required.
- 2. After that, you have to click on the tabs and pull out the duplexer.
- 3. You need to pull out the jammed paper carefully.
- 4. Pull out the jammed papers present in the duplexer.
- 5. After that, you have to open the duplexer.
- 6. Apart from this, remove the jammed paper which got stuck in between.
- 7. Then, you need to reattach the duplexer.
How to Overcome Epson Automatic Document Feeder Error?
If you encounter problems associated with document jams in the document feeder, follow the steps mentioned below to clear the jam:
- 1. Disable the print job. If required.
- 2. Then, you need to take out the originals from the ADF.
- 3. Next, you need to open the ADF cover. Moreover, you need to ensure the ADF cover before deleting the jammed pages. Else, the product can get damaged.
- 4. Then, you have to remove the jammed paper carefully.
- 5. After that, you need to close the ADF cover. After that, you can open the document cover.
- 6. Then, you need to see if there are any jammed pages. If this is found, you need to remove it quickly.
- 7. Next, you have to disable the document cover.
- 8. Also, you need to hoist the ADF input tray.
- 9. Furthermore, you need to remove the jammed pages.
- 10. Next, you need to lower the ADF input tray to its previous position and then you need to reload the originals.
Please ensure that you don’t save the ADF bearing capacity in order to fit the paper size. Also, you need to ensure originals are not bent, folded, or curled and not equipped with tape, staples, that hinders the feeder. Finally, you need to go through the prompts on the LCD screen to get rid of the error messages. However, if you still encounter a paper jam message, you need to examine the other paper jam solutions.
Clean the ADF Rollers to Overcome Epson ADF Not Working Issue
- 1. First, you need to clear the ADF rollers or dust as well as paper residue on the roller present inside the automatic document feeder which can generate copy quality issues.
- 2. You need to gather a clean, lint-free cloth, which does not come apart or leave fibers. You need to detach the original document from the ADF.
- 3. Then, you need to switch off the printer. After that, you have to detach the power cord and then you need to open the ADF cover. Then look for paper rollers as well as the separator pad present inside the ADF to remove this Epson ADF Not Working issue. These parts are equipped with rubber covering.
- 4. Then, you need to dampen the cloth using water. Next, you need to squeeze any surplus liquid from the cloth and remove the residue off the rollers as well as separator pad.
- 5. You need to leave ADF cover for just 2 minutes to permit the parts to get dry.
- 6. After that, you need to close the cover.
- 7. After that, you need to connect the power cord again. Finally, switch on the printer and then you should proceed with the copy job.
Hopefully, this article will give you a thorough overview of all the effective fixes pertaining to Epson wf 3640 ADF Not Working issue. By following this article, you will understand the obvious fixes which will help you to get rid of this issue. Moreover, you can refer the user manual to have a quick glance.