Epson is one of the best brands when it comes to printers. The electronic gadget supports high-quality printouts and advanced features which are enough to attract a user’s attention. However, there might be several errors or other issues stuck with the Epson device at times. Among all that, the Epson printer paper jams issue is quite common. When this error arises, it disrupts the whole printing device unless you resolve this issue. Basically, the paper jam error occurs due to the wrong installation of the papers in the paper tray.
So, if you are one of those who are looking for a permanent solution to fix the paper jams issue on your Epson printer, then this article will undoubtedly assist you in every possible way. In this content, we will explore the top-notch solutions to settle the paper jams error on Epson printer in no time.
Effective Methods to Resolve Epson Printer Paper Jams Issue
We have arranged a few methods to resolve Epson printer error paper jams as soon as possible. You can go through either one of these methods or all the methods until you have the problem solved.
Method 1: Look for the Jammed Papers in the Input Tray
The paper jam issue can also arise due to the wrong installation of the paper in the paper tray. You need to check the paper tray in order to resolve this issue on your Epson printer. Go through the steps given below to complete the task:
- At first, turn off the printer and disconnect all the power cables.
- Now, locate the paper tray on the rear side of your Epson printer and pull out the paper tray gently to remove the paper jam.
- Look inside the input tray and remove the dust particles, paper clips or other objects that have fallen inside and then use your finger to move the pick mechanism located inside the paper tray.
- Now, move the pick mechanism and check if there any Debris fall out of the printer.
- If there any fault with the paper tray, remove all that obstacles and return the printer to its normal position.
After completing all the above steps, reconnect your printer to the power socket and try printing again. If still, the paper jam issue persists on your device, try another solution below.
Method 2: Look for the Jammed Papers in the Output Tray
After checking the input tray properly, you have to also check for the output tray on your Epson printer to verify if there any fault with the output tray. Go through the steps given below in order to complete the task:
- At first, turn off the printer and disconnect all the power cables from the rear side of the printer.
- Now, locate the output paper tray from the front of the printer and pull the tray out gently to remove the paper jam.
- If there any jammed paper inside the tray, then remove it gently and reconnect the printer back.
After finishing these above methods, try printing a few pages to check if the paper jam issue is resolved. If still, you are unable to settle that error on your Epson device, try another solution below.
Method 3: Make Sure that the Carriage can Move Freely on your Epson Printer
If the carriage cannot move freely on your device, it will result in paper jams issue. Hence, go through the steps given below in order to avoid this issue.
- At first, turn off the printer and disconnect all the power cables from the printer.
- Now, open the cartridge access door slowly and wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.
- Check for any paper or objects that might be restricting the carriage and then reach inside the printer through the ink cartridge access door.
- Move the carriage manually and if the carriage is stuck on the right side, then move it to the left side of the printer.
- If the carriage is stuck on the left side, then move it towards the right side and then remove the loose paper if found.
- Now, make sure the carriage is moving freely across the width of the printer and then firmly push the carriage to the left side and then on right side.
- At last, close the ink cartridge access door and reconnect all the power cable to turn on the device back.
After processing all the above steps accurately, try printing the pages to check if the issue is resolved. If still, you are unable to settle the paper jam issue, try another solution below.
Method 4: Clean the Paper Feed Rollers
The paper feed rollers on the printer is basically a tiny round rubber item that allows feed printer paper within the printer device. The paper feed rollers get affected with dust, paper fiber, or other things which result in a paper jam issue. Hence, go through the steps given below in order to clean the feed rollers on your printer:
- At first, turn off the printer and disconnect all the power cables from the rear of the printer.
- Now, raise the input tray slowly and look down through the input paper tray and locate the gray paper pick rollers.
- Slowly dampen a dust-free cloth or a paper towel into the distilled water and press the cloth or paper towel against the roller and rotate them upward with your fingers.
- Apply a moderate amount of pressure to the rollers and allow the rollers to dry completely.
After completing these above steps, reconnect the power cord and check if the paper jam issue is resolved. If still, the jam continues on your printer, try another solution below.
Method 5: Clean the Epson Printer Rollers
If none of the above methods worked, you need to try cleaning your Epson printer rollers gently. Go through the steps given below to clean the rollers.
- At first, remove any paper from the input tray and press the Down arrow key on your printer to select the Settings.
- Now, press the OK button and again press the Down arrow key to select Tools.
- Select the Clean Paper Feed option from the list and press OK to continue.
- This will make the printer noisy for a couple of minutes and then wait until the printer stops completely.
After that, restart the printer and try printing to check if the paper jam issue is resolved.
We have talked about all the methods to fix the Epson printer error paper jams in every possible way. You can work on these methods in order to make your printer error-free as earlier. Hope the above article was sufficient to guide you on how to fix Epson printer paper jams. In case, the issue still pertains and you are unable to print, then there might be some other hardware defects.
In that case, positively you can consult with an expert or technical guidance. You can also consult with the customer service for further assistance. Lastly, we counsel you to drop your valuable feedback below in the comment box to let us know about your experience.