When the computer is running properly, then it helps us to gain our productivity. But, when the system fails, then it is indeed quite irritating. Running the system with an error code such as ‘Dell Error Code 2000-0142’, indicates that there are some problems with the hard disk of the system. Then, you will face symptoms such as data corruption, freezing, longer start-up time and so many others.
If you are on the same page and facing the same conditions, then there is nothing to be worried about. Here in this guide, we are going to present some of the possible ways to fix this error. Hence, you are advised to go through the article given below.
What Causes Dell Error Code 2000-0142?
Dell error code 2000-0142 indicates that the ePSA cannot read the information from the hard disk properly. Then, the system will not start or will have the problem to start because recovering the data from the hard disk is not safe. However, try to run a startup repair of the system. But, before going to the solution, it’s better to know the causes of this error. Have a look at the reasons given below:
- Misaligned or faulty cabling of the system.
- If you connect the hard disk with the motherboard of the system, then you can face this error.
- If there are any Master Boot Record or damaged data on the hard disk, then it can cause the hard disk to crash.
- System failure or any mechanical fault on the hard disk. Mechanical and overheating issues can drive to warped plates, broken spindles and cracked reader. That means that the information cannot be read properly.
Dell hard drive error code 0142 also means that the drive is dead, or if it fails to work appropriately. Hence, you need to create a back-up of all the critical and important data.
Amazing Tips and Tricks to Fix Dell Hard Drive Error Code 0142
You should try to revive the hard disk by performing the first two solutions given below, so that, you can save any essential data from it. You need to keep in mind that if the given method does not work, then you need to replace the hard disk.
Solution 1: Checking the Hard Disk by using the Windows Installation Disk
The MBS or Master Boot Record stores the information on a specific location of the Operating System, as well as the kernel. This describes the location of the computer from where you can load the Operating System. In this situation, the process can help you to retrieve the corrupt data from the system. If it runs for you, then you can back up the data to a new hard disk since the Dell hard drive error code 0142 basically means a disk failure. To perform this method, you require the installation disk.
Steps to perform this Method:
- At first, you have to insert the installation disk inside the disc drive of the system. Then, turn the computer On.
- Now, the window will prompt to press a key from the keyboard. You need to hit the F8 key to run the startup repair. If you prefer you can select the DVD by going to the Boot tab.
- Then, you have to choose the language, time, currency, keyboard, as well as, the input method.
- Then, you have to click on the Next button.
- Now, click on the ‘Repair your computer’ option.
- After that, you have to select the Operating System which you wish to repair.
- Click on the Next button.
- Now, the windows prompt the dialog box of the System Recovery Options.
- Click on the ‘Command Prompt’ option.
- On the Command Prompt window, you have to type ‘Chkdsk /f /r’. If you prefer you can type ‘command’. Then, you have to hit the Enter key to repair the bad sectors, as well as, repair the corrupted data.
Now, you need to check whether the Dell Error Code 2000-0142 is still showing or not. If the error still persists, then you need to move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Reinstall Windows
This process can fix the corrupted files of Windows, as well as, fix the missing or corrupted MBR data. If you prefer, you also can install Windows 7 or Windows 8 Operating System. In case, it works for you, then it’s better to back up the data associated with the system. After reinstalling the system, if you still face the same error, then you should follow the next method.
Solution 3: Replace the Hard Disk
If the above methods were unable to help you, then you need to replace the hard disk. Instead of using the HDD or Hard Disk Drive you need to choose the SSD or Solid State Drives, to bypass any failure in the future. Since the Hard Disk Drive use spinning platters, as well as, moveable heads, there are more chances of failure. It usually occurs after using the hard disk since 7-8 years.
In the above discussion, we have provided some easy methods on how to fix error code 2000 0142. We hope if you implement the above steps in their respective order, then it will definitely help you to put an end to this error. After successfully performing the above steps if you still face any kinds of troubles, then you need to connect with a tech expert. In addition, you also can share your queries and your valuable feedback through the comment box given at the end of this article.