At the time of using your Canon printer, you might face many kinds of technical glitches despite being a renowned name in the world of printers manufactures. And the issue ‘Canon printer not printing’ can happen because of printhead nozzles. Especially, the issue ‘Canon printer not printing black’ happens if there is an empty ink cartridge or a clogged one due to the spilling of the black ink. If you are facing such a problem and want to resolve it without any hassle, then follow the below-mentioned tips and methods accurately.
Quick Tips to Resolve Canon Printer not printing Problem
To resolve the error, first of all, you need to check the cable connection, from the Canon printer to your computer, very well. This kind of problem can occur if the USB data cable is not completely connected either to the computer or to the printer. Thus, the print request is not going to reach the printer.
Now, you need to fill the paper tray of the Canon printer. Your printer can’t print the document if there is no sufficient paper in the printer. Retry to print the document after filling the printer tray.
Choose the ‘Print’ option after opening the document you want to print. And then, hit the Printer Selection and select the Canon printer. If you don’t select the Canon printer, then the printer will not receive the printing request.
Make sure that you have installed the Canon printer’s drivers if the computer is unable to send the request to the printer. You will get the drivers on a driver installation CD that comes along with the hardware.
Here, we will recommend you to change the black ink cartridges. The printer won’t be able to produce the document if the cartridges are running out of ink.
Hope the above tips will help you to get rid of the frustrating situation regarding ‘Canon printer not printing’ issue. And if still, you are facing the problem, then perform the upcoming Methods stated in details.
Effective Methods to Fix Printing Issue
Run the Printer Troubleshooter:
You can check your Canon printer using the Windows built-in troubleshooter and fix the issue with ease. And, to do so, follow the upcoming steps in proper order:
- In order to start the process, first of all, you need to hit the Windows logo key and then, in the search bar type ‘troubleshoot’. And now, from the results click Troubleshoot or Troubleshooting. And, this action will open the Troubleshooter:
- After that, if you are working on Windows 10, then to continue the process, you need to click Printer and then run the Troubleshooter. But, If you are using Windows 7, then hit the option ‘Use a printer’.
- Next, to complete the troubleshooting what you have to do is just to follow the on-screen instructions. Now, if you see that the problem has resolved after doing the above-stated troubleshooting then it’s okay. If not, then read on!
Restart the Print Spooler Service:
If the Printer Spooler Service refuses to work properly on your Canon printer, then this kind of problem can occur. In this situation, you need to restart, as well as, reset it. After resetting it properly check if the issue still persists on your Canon printer. And, to reset the service follow the next steps in the correct order:
- To perform the task, first of all, you need to invoke the Run dialog box. And to do so, press the Window + R keys simultaneously. And then, in the Run box type the command ‘services.msc’, exclude the quotes. After doing so, you will get to see the Services window.
- There, in the Services window, you will find the option Print Spooler. After clicking it hit the Restart button. After that, check if the problem has resolved or not.
Hope, this article has resolved your Canon printer not printing problem. We are here to provide you effective articles to help you in any kind of technical glitches. You can leave your feedback in the comment box below.