While you are trying to scan your important documents, then encountering Brother Printer Offline error is one of the most annoying issues. As a result, the performance of the printer gets decreased gradually. Even, it might occur during the time of accessing the spooling device and then it becomes hectic to complete the printing jobs manually.
Therefore, without resolving it permanently, you won’t be able to perform any task. However, here we are going to focus on the feasible solutions to fix the Brother Printer Offline issue efficiently.
Resolve the “Brother Printer Offline Windows 10” with Troubleshooting Steps:
Here, are some of the effective ways that we are going to discuss with relevant reasons. You must try out the steps below to mitigate all the difficulties associated with the Brother printer.
Fix 1: Set Brother Printer as Default Scanning Device
If you forget to include the Brother printer as a Default scanning device, then you can face the Offline issue very often. It may occur if you use multiple printing devices from your system. Therefore, do the following:
- First, press the Windows key from the keyboard and type “control” in the search box.
- Then, press the Enter key to launch the Control Panel window.
- Type “printers” in the find box and locate the Devices and Printers from that list.
- Double-tap on the Printers and select the Brother Printing Device option.
- Now, right-click on it and choose Set as Default Printer from the contextual menu and click on the OK button.
- Finally, close the Control Panel window and try to scan with that Brother printer and verify whether the printer is working or not.
Fix 2: Unpause the Printer and Set it Online
- Open the Devices and Printers from the Control Panel window.
- Right-click on the Printer and choose the option says, “See what’s printing” from the context menu that appears on the screen.
- Next, tap on the Printer from the pop-up window and then select Open as Administrator.
- After that, click on the Printer option again and check the status of Printer. If the status is shown as Pause Printing, then remove the tick from the checkbox that states, “Use Printer Offline”.
- Close the window and see if your printer is back online or not.
Fix 3: Cancel all Pending Jobs
Many a time, it has been seen that the papers got stuck inside the printer feeder unnecessarily. Then, a queue of papers prevents you from accessing that printer. Hence, the best way to get rid of this issue is by clearing all the pending jobs and remove the A4 papers manually.
- First, open the Printer driver in Admin Mode and right-click on the driver again.
- After that, select Cancel All Documents from the pop-up menu.
- Then, confirm the process by hitting the YES button and wait for the action.
- After canceling all the pending jobs, you can see a message, “All jobs are Removed” and your printer gets back to normal.
- Finally, try to connect the Brother printer to the System and verify whether the Brother Printer Offline issue gets fixed or not.
Fix 4: Upgrade the Printer Firmware
Obsolete brother Printer firmware can lead to the Brother printer won’t turn on the problem and by installing the latest version, you can overcome it.
- Go to the Brother Official website and search the product when you are using it.
- After that, select the Operating System version and hit the Enter key to start the searching system.
- Now, scroll down and locate the Firmware section from that page and choose the Firmware Update Tool.
- After that, press the Agree to the EULA and tap on the Download button from the bottom section of the window.
- Wait until the download process is completed and open the file after downloading it successfully.
- Finally, follow the onscreen instructions to finish the process. When done, try to reboot the system and check whether the Brother printer keeps going offline or not.
Fix 5: Upgrade the Brother Printer Driver
An outdated software starts to malfunction when you try to scan the important documents via Brother printer. So by updating the printer driver, you can easily fix the Printer driver issue effectively and enhance the printer performance as well. So, do the following:
- Press the Windows key and R key together from the keyboard and launch the Run dialog box. Then, type “devicemgmt.msc” in the Run dialog box and press the Enter key to proceed the next step.
- After that, locate the Devices and Printers from the list of hardware that are installed in the system. Expand the menu and tap on the Brother Scanner Model.
- Right-click on it and select Update Driver from the pop-up menu that appears on the window.
- Next, click on the “Update the Drivers automatically” option from the next window.
- Then, confirm it by pressing the Next button and wait until the entire upgrade program is done.
- When it is completed, hit the Finish button and close the Upgrade window.
- Finally, restart the Brother printer and reboot the system, connect them correctly via the port. Now, check whether the Brother Printer Offline problem gets fixed or not.
So, if you are not a tech-savvy person, then you can connect with the Our Technical Expert team for Brother Printer for a technical fix.
Fix 6: Clear and Reset the Spooler
Full of Spooling device is another barrier that creates the spooling problem and causes the Printer offline difficulty. Now, you might reset that spooler to avoid this severe issue and make your printer error-free. Therefore, do as instructed below:
- Type “services.msc” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Services window.
- Locate the Brother printer from that list and right-click on it to Brother printer and go to the Properties window.
- After that, tap on the Standard tab from that window and choose the Printer Spooler from the list of services that appears.
- Double-click on that tab and turn it on.
- Next, hit the Stop button and select the OK button to proceed the next step as well as go back to the Desktop window.
- Then, type “%WINDIR%\system32\spool\PRINTERS” in the Cortana search box and hit the Enter key.
- Now, delete all the folders from the Printers folder and close the window.
- Go to the Services window and right-click on the Brother Printer Spooler. Choose Open and then press the Start button.
- Finally, close the window and start to scan with Brother printer to verify whether the printer can scan the docs or not.
- Now, modify it as Automatic in the Startup Type box and choose the OK button to complete the setup.
- Finally, close the Brother printer setup window and restart the printer to check whether the Brother printer keeps going offline or not.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Brother Printer
Sometimes, incorrect installation or incomplete installation of the Brother printer driver causes the Brother printer Offline on Windows 10. This is why you need to remove that software and install it with the new version. Make sure that the printed version is compatible with the device Operating System version. Therefore, perform these tasks:
- First, type “devicemgmt.msc” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Device Manager window.
- After that, you can see a list of hardware devices in that window and locate the Printers and Devices option.
- Expand that option and click on the Brother Printer from that list and make sure that you have selected the correct model(in case of multiple printers).
- Now, right-click on the Printer driver model and choose Uninstall from the context menu.
- Confirm the uninstallation program by tapping on the YES button from the confirmation dialog box.
- It will take a few minutes to remove the Brother printer driver and you can see a message, “The Printer is removed successfully.”
- When done, reboot the system in Normal Mode and connect the device to the internet.
- Now, go to the Brother Printer Official website and click on the Download button.
- After downloading and installing the printer driver, try to scan the documents with the Brother printer. Verify whether the Brother Printer Offline issue gets fixed or not.
What to Do when Wireless Printer shows Offline Status?
You can also fix the Wireless Brother Printer issue immediately by using the above reinstall method. Otherwise, you need to verify the IP type as well s the validity with VPN network connection to avoid the wireless Bother printer issue.
- Open the Printer Properties window from the Device Manager.
- After that, click on the ports tab and choose a Static IP correctly.
- Now, select the correct port and tap on the Configure Port. Make sure that the IP address and Port name are inserted appropriately.
- Disable the SNMP option and click on Save Changes to apply the new settings.
- Finally, close the window by tapping the Close button from that page. Now, try to scan the documents by using the Brother printer and check whether the Brother Printer offline is fixed or not.
This article provides you with the various reasons for fixing Brother Printer Offline issue. Moreover, we have tried to explain the effective solutions with the necessary guidelines. Besides this, we have discussed the possible symptoms when it occurs. So, we hope this article will help you a lot when the Brother printer offline error occurs. For assistance, seek experts help.