MS Outlook is one of the best free email clients that helps its users to access different email accounts under one roof. It comes with a complete package which can manage different emails as well as has a lot of exceptional features for productivity and management. But some of the users can’t add Gmail account to Outlook 2016 due to some unusual error.
If you are also in the same condition, then nothing to be worried about. Here, in this article, we are going to present some possible ways to add Gmail account to Outlook 2016. Hence, you are advised to go through the article thoroughly.
Can’t Add Gmail Account to Outlook 2016: Amazing Tips and Tricks to Fix
It is not a big deal to add an email account to MS Outlook. But before going to the steps you need to have a look at the points given below:
This is one of the easiest as well as the most widely used way to add the email account to Outlook 2016. You just have to enter the email id and the password in the specific fields. If you entered the correct email id and the passwords, then you won’t have to face any kinds of problem as well as all of the emails will be sent to MS Outlook. But, it only goes for the major email service providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, and such others.
Basically, after entering the email id and the password, Outlook automatically detects which email provider you are using. Once it identifies the email client, MS Outlook sends the Gmail configuration to the account and everything is set up for you. This does not work for other email providers such as the custom ones. Because MS Outlook doesn’t have their configurations saved in their database. Hence, if you are using email clients such as Gmail, Yahoo, Live, Hotmail, or any other then you are good to go. But if you are using a custom email account which seems like email@example.com, then the MS Outlook might not approve it and you will have to use the manual configuration method.
At first, you need to start with the steps to add the account automatically. Before going to add the email ids to MS Outlook, you need to confirm that you have the information given below. Things you need to have to add the email ids to MS Outlook.
- Email Id
Add Gmail Accounts to MS Outlook
To add the Gmail accounts you need to stick to the steps given below:
- Getting the Password
The password that you need to enter to add the email account will depend on whether or not you have allowed the 2-step verification for the account.
- 2-Step Verification Enabled
If you enabled the 2-Step verification process then you need to type the password of the application at its specific field. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, you need to launch your default web browser. Then, sign-in to the Gmail id.
- Now, tap on the upper right corner of the display. Tap on the ‘My Account’ option.
- Then, you need to choose the ‘Sign-in & Security’ option.
- Click on the option ‘App passwords.’ Google might prompt for password confirmation.
- Scroll the drop-down list which prompts ‘Select Device.’ Then, you need to select the option ‘Windows Computer’ from the list.
- Choose the ‘Mail’ option by going to the drop-down menu that prompts Choose Application.
- Click on the ‘Generate’ option.
- After that, you have to copy or note the 16-digit code to your desired location.
- 2-Step Verification Disabled
If you disable the 2-Step verification system for the account you are using, then you need to type the password of your email account by going to the password section of the MS Outlook. But here, you need to enable the ‘Allow less secure apps’ option for your Gmail account. To perform this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- At first, you have to launch your default web browser.
- Sign-in to the Gmail account.
- Move the cursor to the upper right side of the display and click on an empty space. Then, you need to choose the ‘My Account’ option.
- Now, choose the ‘Sign-in & Security’ option.
- After that, you have to enable the ‘Allow less secure apps’ by going to the Connected applications and websites.
- Steps to Add the Gmail Account to Outlook
Follow the steps given below to add the Gmail account to MS Outlook.
- At first, go to your MS Outlook account.
- Tap on Tools. Then, navigate to the ‘Accounts’ option.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘+’ (plus) symbol. You will find this at the bottom left corner of the screen. Then, go to the ‘Other Email’ option.
- Now, you have to enter your Gmail id.
- Then, you have to enter the password in its specific field.
- As a result, it will prompt the ‘Configure automatically’ box. Tick the box.
- Now, click on the ‘Add Account’ option.
- After that, you need to wait until the MS Outlook imports the Settings.
- When this process completes, you will be able to see that MS Outlook is added to the Gmail account.
Now, you have successfully added the Gmail account to the MS Outlook. If there is any difficulty with the password, then you need to confirm that you are applying the password of the application if the 2-step verification is permitted. If you do not enable the 2-step verification, then you have to make sure that the ‘Allow less secure apps’ option is enabled from your Gmail account.
In addition, you need to keep in mind, that this choice is not available for all Gmail accounts. As an example we can say, this option is not available in other email clients. Other things you need to keep in mind is that this option will only come into a feasible option when you turn off the 2-step verification. If the 2-step verification process is enabled, then you won’t be able to view this option.
On the Whole
In the above discussion, we have provided some of the easiest ways to solve this ‘can’t add Gmail account to Outlook 2016’ issue. We hope if you perform the above steps in their respective order, it will definitely help you to ease up your pain. After successfully performing the above steps, if you still face any kinds of troubles, then you need to connect with a tech expert. In addition, you also can share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment section provided at the end of this post.