The touchscreen and specially GPS is a marvelous accessibility option, accessed for browsing various features in the device with single tap. But issues may arise anytime. So, users will be shown How To Calibrate Screen On TomTom GPS Device. Also, one can approach at 800Support Customer Support Number +61-180-095-4262. What makes this accessibility option an appealing is that its capability to allow users position as well as motion their finger to obtain software instructions accurately. Follow steps below to proceed ahead in dealing with the matter
Here are Steps How To Calibrate Screen On TomTom GPS Device
Prepare the Device First
- The very thing is to experiment the TomTom GPS device to determine how far the calibration is needed. To do this, hover your finger on the left or right side to ascertain how far to the right or left of the finger should be, for having accurate functioning. It is advised to repeat the same process for up-and-down orientation mode as suggested by 800Support Customer Support Service technical experts.
- Secondly, turn off the device and then, remove SD carefully. Restart the device by pressing the power button and hit as well as hold the power button when you hear the TomTom drumbeat. After a while you will be presented with a dark screen with white text visible in front of you.
- Now, search for a line which will be displayed as “Touchscreen Calibration Data.” Here, users will find out four numbers with equal spaces. The numbers however will vary by GPS models and they will appear like “110 920 115 865.” F
urther users should keep a track that numbers will represent different aspects of the screen i.e. minimum and maximum values for a left-right section of the screen.
- Now, work with the Notepad to create a text file on the PC and name it as “cal.txt,”
- Users are instructed to work with these four numbers on this new Notepad document. In case if users are working with the latest TomTom device then, modification of the order number is required. Rearrange the number by placing all higher numbers before the lower numbers in every pair. Save the file now.
- Hook up with the device of your PC and power on the GPS. Shut the TomTom HOME off if in case it opens up automatically. It is however recommended to type the “calib.txt” or “cal.txt” text to the device by working with the Windows Explorer.
- Disconnect your device from the computer, and perform a thorough test.
Related Blog: How To Create A Facebook Page ?
Calibrate the TomTom GPS
- Connect the TomTom GPS device to the computer device via USB cable. Now, close the TomTom HOME if it gets started automatically. Now run the Windows Explorer and tap the icon which is named as TomTom GPS device. Open up the ”calib.txt” or “cal.txt” file now.
- As suggested by 800Support Customer Service Care technical experts, make a slight change in the numbers. Let us say for example if the screen is skewed towards right side then decreasing numbers in the first pair should be modified by 10 or 15 to easily adjust the alignment towards left. Save this file and disconnect from the TomTom device from PC. Restart the device
- The device to your computer system should be restarted. Repeat all the above steps to easily adjust the calibration numbers again. Now, increase the number in the first pair to bring the calibration either right or towards left.
- The process should be repeated unless users have reached their original calibration.
That’s All Folks!
For More Such Queries, Call 800Support Experts and Get Suitable Solutions
Get in touch with us at Tomtom customer service Number +61-180-095-4262 for proactive solutions to every issues happening in TomTom GPS navigation device. We bring world-class support solutions for users while ensuring that they are future effective too. Solutions are delivered while studying the root cause of every issue. Call our 24/7 hours support technicians and get promising answers to every issues occurring in the devices.