While working on your ASUS device, users can experience various kinds of problems including touchpad error. So, if you are also noticing that your ASUS touchpad not working someday, do not get panic and keep reading this article. Right after observing that your trackpad isn’t responding to your touch, it can be quite shocking to you. But, before troubleshooting this problem, you must know which factors are disabling the trackpad or creating malfunctions. So, in this article, you will get to learn some of the underlying reasons, which are responsible for touchpad error. Also, you can apply the solutions discussed here in order to enable your trackpad on the ASUS device.
Possible Causes due to which ASUS Trackpad not Working Anymore
A majority of users have noticed that the ASUS touchpad not working on their devices after updating the OS. Yes, according to them, after installing the most recent updates for Windows 10, they observed few changes with the ASUS trackpad driver. In some machines, the updates have disabled the touchpad feature as well. Whereas, there are some devices that have removed the touchpad driver entirely from its systems. So, before going through the steps to resolve this error, let’s discuss a few more causes of touchpad malfunctioning in ASUS devices.
- In case your ASUS device has frozen due to a technical issue, it will stop responding to any kind of commands including the touchpad. Hence, it may feel like your ASUS laptop touchpad not working because of the hardware problem.
- With the help of a combination of function (Fn) key on ASUS or any laptop brand, you can easily access many functions quickly. So, definitely, your touchpad can be enabled or disabled by pressing the right set of ‘Fn’ keys. Hence, if you have pressed the buttons to disable your ASUS trackpad, it has to do with the function key combination.
- A few external devices can automatically make your touchpad unresponsive when you connect them to your laptop. This issue can also occur when you attach too many input devices to your ASUS laptop, which may disable the trackpad.
- Some kind of hardware problems can also change the device’s settings in ‘Mouse Properties’. Hence, you may find that your ASUS touchpad not working because of disabling the mousepad’s feature on the device.
- If there are corrupted updates or installation files regarding ASUS touchpad driver, the trackpad won’t respond to touch/command. The same applies for an outdated Operating System loaded on your ASUS machine causing touchpad error.
- In some devices, touchpad feature can remain disabled in the BIOS setup without your knowledge about it. So, any wrong setting in the laptop’s hardware section can also turn off the trackpad.
What fixes you can try when ASUS Trackpad not Working at all?
For users who are facing this annoying issue where ASUS trackpad not working any longer, they can easily try the following solutions. So, let’s discuss the step-wise instructions to make your touchpad work again in ASUS devices.
Solution 1- Check Whether ASUS Touchpad is Enabled
Whenever you find that ASUS touchpad not working Windows 10 problem is occurring, this should be your first attempt to fix the error. So, take the help of a keyboard and hit the ‘Windows logo’ and ‘I’ key simultaneously. This will display the window of ‘Windows Settings’ on your screen.
Then select ‘Devices’ and click on ‘Touchpad’ from the list of options on the left side of the window. As you hit this feature, you can view the expanded view of the ‘Touchpad’ settings. So, click on ‘Additional settings’ and wait for the ‘Mouse Properties’ window to appear.
Now, select the ‘UltraNav’ tab and go to the checkbox for ‘Enable TouchPad’. You need to make sure that this box is ticked and also check the ‘Enable TrackPoint’ box. Thereafter, click on ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ buttons and check if ASUS laptop touchpad not working or the problem has been resolved.
Solution 2- Try to Enable Touchpad Using Function Key on ASUS
Many ASUS users may not be aware of certain function key combination in order to enable/disable trackpad. So, in some ASUS laptop models, the ‘F9’ key can turn on and off your device’s touchpad just by one tap. Hence, you can simply press the ‘F9’ button once and see if it cause any change to the touchpad. Even if the chances are rare to make your trackpad work by function key but, it may fix the error. You can also try the combination of Fn+F9 on certain models to troubleshoot ASUS touchpad issue.
Solution 3- Change ASUS Laptop’s Mouse and Device Manager Settings
Sometimes, changing a few settings for the device and mouse can resolve touchpad problems in ASUS laptops. Hence, you can try to change the setting for your mouse by clicking on the Windows Start button.
Then go to ‘Control Panel’ and select the icon for ‘Hardware and Sound’. After this, find the link for ‘Mouse’ and double-click on it. Also, click on the tab for ‘Hardware’ and modify the mouse’s setting by choosing the ‘Disabled’ option. Finally, click on the ‘OK’ button to save these settings and close the window.
Next, open the ‘Control Panel’ and find the link for ‘System and Security’. Also, click on the ‘Device Manager’ tab and scroll to locate the section of ‘Mice and Other Devices’. If you can’t see the driver or device for mouse or touchpad, you can click on the ‘+’ sign for expanded view.
Now, find your mouse from the list of devices and select the option of ‘Disable’ to turn it off. Now, you need to save these changes by pressing the ‘OK’ button. Finally, check whether the issue of ASUS touchpad not working windows 10 has been resolved by this solution.
So, you came across the reasons due to which ASUS touchpad not working on your PC or laptop. This article has also covered some effective methods to troubleshoot trackpad problems in ASUS devices. But, if you want professionals to fix touchpad error, you can get in touch with an ASUS technician.