If you are searching for fixes for Asus laptop keyboard not working on the internet, give a full stop to your search now. Because, here, in this article, we have gathered some of the most accurate and productive methods that are going to solve your problem soon. Keyboard not working can be bothersome, as one of the vital input devices i.e., the keyboard, is essential for the functioning of your Asus laptop. So, if you are in the same situation, you don’t need to worry. Because, here, we will be providing you with various methods to solve this issue.
Methods to Fix Asus Laptop Keyboard Not Working
Below are given some of the most accurate methods to fix Asus keyboard not working. Go through the solutions one by one. Do not skip any method, and hopefully, by the time you reach the end of this article, you will have solved the problem. The solutions are listed below.
- Restart your Asus laptop
- Troubleshoot hardware problems
- Update Keyboard device driver
- Re-installation of Asus keyboard device driver
- Change the keyboard settings
Method 1: Restart your Asus Laptop
If we go with the facts, restarting your laptop can solve many of the technical problems in your system. It’s true. Restarting your Windows laptop is always a feasible way to fix any technical issues on it. Therefore, when you want your Asus laptop keyboard not working to be fixed, restart your laptop once to get the keyboard problem solved.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Hardware Problems
Asus laptop keyboard not working can be the result of hardware failure. To troubleshoot the hardware of the Asus laptop, follow the instructions right below.
1. Check out the Health of the Laptop Battery
One of the most common problems for keyboard not working is the damaged battery. To check if the battery of your laptop is causing the issue, you can follow the steps below.
- Turn OFF your Asus laptop.
- Detach the battery from your laptop.
- Wait for a minute and connect the AC power cable directly to your laptop.
- Restart your Asus laptop and check if it’s keyboard is working or not.
If the keyboard is actually working after detaching the battery, then the issue was definitely due to the battery of your Asus laptop. To fix it permanently, you should replace it with a new one.
2. Check the USB Connection of the Keyboard
Damaged USB ports can also be the reason for keyboard not working. Therefore, if your keyboard is connected to your laptop via USB ports, ensure that your USB port is not damaged. You can also connect your keyboard in other USB ports to check if it’s working or not.
3. Ensure your Wireless Adapter is Working Properly
If your keyboard is not in the range of the wireless adapter, your keyboard may not work. Therefore, ensure that your wireless adapter is working properly and take your keyboard closer to the adapter. So that your keyboard comes in the range of the wireless adapter.
Method 3: Update Keyboard Device Driver
When a driver is missing or is outdated, it can lead the keyboard of your Asus laptop to not work. Hence, it is recommended to check if the driver is updated or not. If the keyboard driver of your Asus laptop is not updated try to update it. You can update your driver manually. To update your driver manually, go to the official website of Asus and search for the latest version of the driver. Ensure that the driver is compatible with your Operating System and your Asus laptop version. Then you can download the drivers and install them. After installing the driver, restart your Asus laptop once. Your keyboard will start working.
Method 4: Re-installation of Asus Keyboard Device Driver
When the driver is corrupted or incorrect, the keyboard of the Asus laptop can start misbehaving. If some selected keys are not working, then you can fix it by running the Device manager in the Run box by typing devmgmt.msc. But if all the keys are not working then you can try the below-mentioned steps to fix the problem.
- Tap on the Start Menu of your laptop and navigate to the Control Panel. Then, go to the Device manager. If you are not able to get the Control panel in the Start menu of Windows 10, then go to the Cortona and type Device Manager. You will be redirected to Device manager.
- After opening Device Manager, go to the Keyboards and double click on it to expand. Right click on your Keyboard and select the Uninstall option from the Options menu.
- Confirm the uninstallation process and follow the on-screen instructions.
When the uninstallation process completes, restart your Asus laptop to apply all the changes properly. After restarting, your keyboard driver will be installed automatically. When the installation process is done, check your keyboard. Hopefully, it will start working properly.
Method 5: Change the Keyboard Settings
When your keyboard starts misbehaving or not working properly, changing the Keyboard settings is also one of the methods to fix it. To change the settings of the Keyboard, follow the below-mentioned instructions step by step.
- Right click on the Start button or the Windows button on the bottom left of your screen. Click on the Settings/Control Panel option from the pop-up menu.
- Go to the Ease of Access/Ease of Access Center in the Setting/Control Panel.
- If you are having Windows 10 then click Keyboard or Make the keyboard easier to use otherwise.
- Switch OFF or disable the Filter keys function by unchecking the box.
- Reboot/Restart your Asus laptop to apply all the changes.
- Check if your keyboard is working or not.
By now, you might have got a solution to your Asus laptop keys not working. Therefore, we presume that this post has been able to tell you which methods you should consider resorting to if you have to get rid of the Asus keyboard not working issue. Apply them and make a difference in the situation you are in. If you need to read about related topics, please stay tuned to our posts.