If you want to use more than one MacBook, possibly one from your office and one from your home, then you may need to access one MacBook from the other. Alternatively, you may also need to access the application or the files on your MacBook via your iPhone. There are a lot of ways to access MacBook from iPhone. Wondering how to access the MacBook from your iPhone device? Nothing to get worried about this. Here in this article, we are going to present some methods which can help you to obtain remote access to the MacBook either from other MacBooks, or iPhone or even from the Windows Operating System.
Amazing Tips and Tricks to Access MacBook from iPhone
There are so many applications to access MacBook from iPhone. Have a look at the different solutions below:
Method 1: Using iCloud
You can easily access all the files of your MacBook devices by storing the files in iCloud. You can also do this if you agree to have your ‘Desktop and Documents’ saved in the iCloud storage.
Steps you need to Follow to Perform this:
- At first, navigate to the System Preferences.
- Then, click on iCloud.
- There you will see ‘Options’ under the iCloud Drive section. Click on it. Now, a list will appear, where you will see all the list of files that you can easily save in the iCloud storage. As an example, the application such as Numbers and Pages can be set to save corresponding documents in the iCloud storage.
- Now, you have to make sure that you have ticked the box of ‘Desktop and Documents’ folder.
- In addition, you also need to tick the box from the window which allows to Optimize the MacBook Storage. If you check this box, then it will provide enough space to store the files. Then, you can easily store the files of the iCloud storage on your MacBook. But, if you run out of storage on your MacBook, then some of the documents will be saved in the iCloud storage.
- After that, you have to confirm that everything you are running on is either stored to the ‘Desktop and Documents’ folder or in the Apple application.
With the ‘Desktop and Documents’ folder saved in the iCloud storage, all the files that you need to access, you can do that from your MacBook device that you have accessed using the Apple ID. You can also log on to the iCloud from any system, including a Windows computer to access the iCloud storage through the web browser.
This is a great method to sync all the Apple devices to access all the files that you need wherever you are. In addition, it can also help to save space on the MacBook as all the files are saved in the iCloud storage.
Method 2: Using MacBook Screen Sharing
By using screen sharing also, you can access the MacBook from the iPhone. In this method, you can control other MacBook devices remotely. You can open or close any files or folders, and you can also use the applications which are installed on the MacBook previously.
This method is particularly helpful if you are trying to help someone to solve any issue with their MacBook devices. By enabling the Screen Sharing on the iPhone, you can easily view other MacBook devices.
Steps to Set up and Use Screen Sharing
- At first, you need to start by going to the Screen Sharing application. You can find it by clicking the Command and Space both at the same time from the keyboard. Then type ‘Screen Sharing.’
- Type your Apple ID in the specific field.
- Now, you will see a notification on your iPhone, that your MacBook is waiting for the response from the iPhone to share the screen.
- Then, you have to click on the ‘Accept’ button.
- Next, you need to select whether you want to control the screen or view the screen. Here, you need to select the option ‘control the screen’ to access the MacBook from your iPhone device.
But, here you can face some problems. This probably is not a process you would hold for a long period of time. If you desire to have a slightly less laggy process to share your screen as well as desire to have both of the MacBook and iPhone under the same network, then you need to adjust the setting to Share the System Preferences as well as connect with the other screen.
Have a Look at the Steps given below:
- At first, you have to open the System Preferences on the MacBook.
- Click on the option ‘Sharing.’
- Then, choose the ‘Screen Sharing’ option.
- Now, hit the Command and Space key simultaneously from the keyboard and type ‘Screen Sharing.’ It will open the application.
- After that, type the phrase which you will see below the name of the Computer under the Sharing System Preferences window. Here, you need to enter the local name of your MacBook.
Now, you will see a new window appear which is showing the other screen. Then, you can exit from the application and move the windows.
Method 3: Using Apple Remote Desktop iPhone
With the help of the Apple Remote Desktop, you can access MacBook from iPhone. This can help you to run the applications as well as access the files from other MacBook devices.
Apple Remote Desktop process can help you to install as well as configure the applications. It also helps the users to generate detailed reports. In addition, it is also ideal for educational purposes. You can download the Apple Remote Desktop by going to the App Store of your MacBook device. But, it is costly.
Method 4: Using Google Chrome Remote Desktop
Using Google Chrome Remote you can also access MacBook from iPhone and it is free. By enabling the Chrome Remote Desktop you can remotely access the MacBook from the Google Chrome web browser from any system. You can easily access this through the iPhone. Then you need to install the Chrome Remote application on your iPhone. To perform this method, you must have a Google account. You also need to have the web browser of Google Chrome installed on your device. To set up Google Chrome Remote Desktop on the MacBook, you need to perform the steps given below:
- At first, you need to go to the Google Chrome web browser.
- Then, find the Chrome Remote Desktop by going to the Webstore of Google Chrome.
- Click on the ‘Add to Chrome’ option.
- Now, you have to install the Chrome Remote Desktop application on your MacBook device.
- After that, log into the related Remote application on your iPhone.
On the Whole
In the above guide, we have provided some of the easiest ways to access MacBook from iPhone. We hope if you perform the above steps in their respective order, then it will definitely help you access the MacBook from your iPhone device. After successfully performing the above methods, if you still face any kinds of trouble, then you need to connect with a tech expert. In addition, you also can share your valuable feedback and your queries through the comment box given at the end of this article.